Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    chemforever:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Can't decide! Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    the la aurora eccudor are a nice unique smoke, and you cant go wrong with padron maddies!
    Ecuador it is! Lol only cause its hot out and it's more of a short story then the rest
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    Thanks rhamlin for this stick I had never heard of image
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Started with an Augusto Reyes but it sucked and pissed me off. Switched to an AJ Overrun. Muuuuch better
  • Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    Joya Dark Antano, opened up real nice
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    alec bradley pryme robusto
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    AJ Fernandez fresh-rolled maduro corona, tasty little stick.
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    illinoisgolf99:
    AJ Fernandez fresh-rolled maduro corona, tasty little stick.

side note, this cigar pairs remarkably well with a Guinness Draught, heavenly.
  • Options
    OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    Picked this guy up at the Room 101 event last night.

• Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    bowl of black and gold cav,,,once i opened the box and had a wiff i had to light some up
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Getting ready for a bowl of Sam Gawith FVF and 1792 50/50 mix. This is fantastic, you get sweet tangy flavors from the FVF and a deep, smoked meat essence from the 1792, the FVF also helps tone down the 1792 a bit.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Im gonna smome a bowl of black and gold as well, with a wee bit of black vanilla as well, in my new pipe.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Getting ready for a bowl of Sam Gawith FVF and 1792 50/50 mix. This is fantastic, you get sweet tangy flavors from the FVF and a deep, smoked meat essence from the 1792, the FVF also helps tone down the 1792 a bit.
    I've been meaning to try that, I can't remember if it was you, or Jason who suggested it at the last herf, but it sounded great.

Also, I recently got my black clay pipe
  • Options
    bigjohn125bigjohn125 Posts: 476
    Mac vintage 1997 maduro. Fantastic smoke with a bad a** band. Very smooth.
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    *Petey**Petey* Posts: 375
    Well I had some light yard work to do tonight, so I brought out a cigar to hang with the pups and my lovely wife. Started with a Viaje Platino . . . . .

tasted fine I guess, but the wrapper fell off. That was lame, so I tossed it. I still can't help but thinking Viaje is this decades Gurkha. I have a Skull and Bones to try from Senior Sporus, which was really cool of him to gift me with one at the last bay area herf, so the verdict is still out and I'm keeping an open mind on the brand, but that Platino was for sure a swing and a miss.
  • Options
    and I followed up that debacle with an AB Prensado corona from Rudifer the great. I'm not really an AB fan, never had a bad one and I like the American Classic and the Family Blend, but never really ben wowed by one. So I also went into this one with an open mind . . . .

the top of the triple cap peeled off perfectly and the construction was fantastic, and it was really f'ing good. I am impressed and I nubbed the littls SOB. Great smoke. I will for sure look out for some more of these little guys.
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    *Petey*:
    and I followed up that debacle with an AB Prensado corona from Rudifer the great. I'm not really an AB fan, never had a bad one and I like the American Classic and the Family Blend, but never really ben wowed by one. So I also went into this one with an open mind . . . .

the top of the triple cap peeled off perfectly and the construction was fantastic, and it was really f'ing good. I am impressed and I nubbed the littls SOB. Great smoke. I will for sure look out for some more of these little guys.
    My experience has been the longer they sit, the better they get
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Russ55:
    j0z3r:
    I've been meaning to try that, I can't remember if it was you, or Jason who suggested it at the last herf, but it sounded great.

Also, I recently got my black clay pipe
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Started out with a AVO XO with a year on it and it was fantastic, then moved to an Ave Maria from Xmas 2010, and age has done wonders for it and finished with an AB New York. Great night for smokes.
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    *Petey*:

My experience has been the longer they sit, the better they get
    which one the viaje or the prensado? If the prensado I might have to try that.
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    MUWAT

• Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    Man O' War robusto love the way it opens up great flavors
  • Options
    Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    Some birthday smokes
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    warlock torp. with 14 months in humi, tasty
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    The Almighty Feral!! Woot! Many thanks, JHewey!
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    Some birthday smokes
    Some great smokes for sure,, Happy Birthday Shaun!!
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No pic but I had a Cruzado and thought it was fantastic. Nicaraguan Criollo wrapper, a Nicaraguan binder and a filler blend from Nicaragua. Brought to us by the man at illusione.
  • Options
    marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    I am going to burn this Undercrown thanks to MVW67. And would like to smoke this in celebration of my little sister achieving a major milestone in her life. Way to go Nikki! You fought through the barriers and won. I am proud of you!
  • Options
    Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    New Castello pipe I just got in today, packed with some McClelland Grand Oriental, Classic Samsun Big Smile [:D]

After the first bowl, I found I accidentally charred/slightly craked the rim on the right side from keeping the lighter too close when lighting Sad [:(]