Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    BigT06:
    j0z3r:
    BigT06:
    Joe... I'm like an hour 45 min into this monster and still have EASILY 30 mins left... it's a commitment... but it's a very good cigar. It actually has a lot more complexity and subtleties than I expected. I figured an all maduro cigar would be more one dimensional. Very good cigar.
    The last time I smoked one of these it was very harsh and unbalanced, this one is completely different. I've noticed that with Camacho though, sometimes they really need some time to shine. I was similarly disappointed with the 2009 Liberty when I first picked them up, I smoked one a couple nights ago and it was fantastic. You never know, but in my experience Camachos tend to age nicely.
    I agree with Camacho being a VERY good aging brand. Honestly, I think most strong Honduran tobaccos age well, especially the maduros... although it's hard to argue with Camacho's Corojo stuff too...
    2.25 hours later and I'm finished. It amazes me how much strength these cigars retain after several years. Given how much has changed, I'm curious to see where these are in another few years. I don't smoke TMs often and there are still quite a few in the box, I think I'll be able to answer those curiosities...stay tuned for 2015. ;)
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Started out with a Graycliff platinum le 2010 from xmas 2010, and followed with a 5 Vegas miami for xmas 2010 great night of smokes. image
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    The Kid:
    Viaje Summerfest,,,wow
    Its rare that I share my complaints about a cigar, but I thought this cigar warranted it. Started out really good, great flavor, awesome draw/smoke nice aroma, then about halfway through the cigar turned into the stick from hell,, Tunnelled badly,, draw became horrible, I even cut off about 1/2 - 3/4 of an inch and restarted, again just terrible got a few good puffs here and there but overall the last half was extremely disappointing..From what I hear this occurs more often than not with some Viaje Blends,, man what a let down as it started off so good.
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    The Kid:
    The Kid:
    Viaje Summerfest,,,wow
    Its rare that I share my complaints about a cigar, but I thought this cigar warranted it. Started out really good, great flavor, awesome draw/smoke nice aroma, then about halfway through the cigar turned into the stick from hell,, Tunnelled badly,, draw became horrible, I even cut off about 1/2 - 3/4 of an inch and restarted, again just terrible got a few good puffs here and there but overall the last half was extremely disappointing..From what I hear this occurs more often than not with some Viaje Blends,, man what a let down as it started off so good.
    I have been less then impressed with what ive had. The super shot is amazing, otherwise the only one I'm interested after having several is the oro reserva.
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    The Kid:
    The Kid:
    Viaje Summerfest,,,wow
    I, too, have had a lot of problems with Viajes. They have some great marketing and very appealing cigars, but probably 2/3 of them end up disappointing, especially with burn issues. The ones that didn't disappoint were really good, but it just seems like a crap shoot sometimes.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    catfishbluezz:
    The Kid:
    The Kid:
    Viaje Summerfest,,,wow
    I have been less then impressed with what ive had. The super shot is amazing, otherwise the only one I'm interested after having several is the oro reserva.
    The Ora Reseva limited edition is very good. I was able to snag a few and I like em. As a whole, Viaje will never be a go to brand for me... they are way too expensive and overhyped. I just don't get it. I'll smoke my Zombies and OR but other than that I'm not in a hurry to drop a ton of money on a marketing scheme.
  • Options
    jeep edsonjeep edson Posts: 826
    nub maduro
  • Options
    San Cristobal elegancia
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    The Kid:
    San Cristobal elegancia
    rudy it's the afternoon dude
  • Options
    jliu:
    The Kid:
    San Cristobal elegancia
    i use whatever whatcha smoking link that i come across..
  • Options
    The Kid:
    jliu:
    The Kid:
    San Cristobal elegancia
    i use whatever whatcha smoking link that i come across..
    ok, you're handsome. hope you enjoyed your smoke
  • Options
    you too sugar pants see ya soon,,xoxo
  • Options
    another punisher shorty. man i hate the first 15 minutes. but love the rest
  • Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    Jaime Garcia reserva especial toro
  • Options
    WaterDemonWaterDemon Posts: 269
  • Options
    OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    Just now getting into Lito's stuff. Had a Colorado Oscuro Tuesday and this bad boy tonight.

thanks for this awesome cigar Mike (MWV67)! Gotta trade for more of this stuff!
  • Options
    Rail_JockeyRail_Jockey Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
    Padron 1964.....very nice smoke! image
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gran Habano 3 Siglos.
    Just got em from bandy.
    I know I should have waited and let them rest a couple days, but to be honest, I'm sure glad I didn't.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Duke2Duke2 Posts: 393
    Enjoying a Undercrown Gran Toro.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Started with an Oliva Master Blends 2. Might actually be my last. Then a San Lotano Oval and finished with a San Lotano Oval Maduro.
  • Options
    AF 1,, thanks AMZ man these just get better and better
  • Options
    CmtrashCmtrash Posts: 51
    Viaje Summerfest 2012. Started off promising. Notes of earth, cinnamon, and some sweetness upfront. Unfinished shaggy foot is a great touch. Unfortunately burn issues a plenty in the last third with slight bitterness. Will see how it fares with some time behind it.
  • Options
    nickiamnickiam Posts: 608 ✭✭
    Smoked a Arturo Fuente 858 Claro and a Don Pepin Garcia My Father
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Did I mention how much I hate smoking cigars stored at 69rh..... Shorty tonight, pulled from the aging box since I did not want to smoke one of the 2 year old ones....nothing but problems.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    As promised: lil Mum

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Options
    nice man. as for me I am having an OSOK filero
  • Options
    SporusSporus Posts: 236
    Having a Gurkha ? That a friend of mine gave me. Here's my problem, though:

What is it? It's plenty enjoyable, smoking very nicely. But, say I wanted to revisit. No way can I figure out which one this is.
  • Options
    i know what ya mean,,looks like a legend though
  • Options
    bigjohn125bigjohn125 Posts: 476
    tat red
  • Options
    diesel shorty