Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    musicman3musicman3 Posts: 622
    Sitting in the garage watching a pretty good lightning show smoking a Undercrown.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Vision:
    Robgreen will poop when he sees this... I am smoking a Perdomo Champagne Robusto... Its not that bad..... Im not a huge Perdomo fan but this on has some flavor to it.
    try the champagne noir.
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭✭✭
    james40:
    Vision:
    Robgreen will poop when he sees this... I am smoking a Perdomo Champagne Robusto... Its not that bad..... Im not a huge Perdomo fan but this on has some flavor to it.
    try the champagne noir.

I might revist Perdomo. I never liked the flavor profile and Nicks Sticks has to be the worst "Name Brand" cigar I have EVER had. I am going to pick up a few and the Noir will be one of them. The other thing that turned me off of them was everytime I would walk into a store thats the only thing they ever recomended....
    EDIT. The retrohale on the champagne is very VERY smooth. I have been working on retrohaling for a bit now and have it down to the point where my eyes dont melt out of my face.
  • Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    james40:
    Vision:
    try the champagne noir.
    +1
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Perdomo lot 23 maddy..wink...wink...
  • Options
    GreenMachineGreenMachine Posts: 483
    Felipe Gregorio Capas Barber Pole...My god I for got how smooth this stick was!!
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    I started out with an Onyx Reserve from 2007, it has really aged nicely (2.5 hour smoke) and finisihed with a Curivari Seleccion Privada Natural, great smoke.
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    These were this weekend, but thought I'd put them up. This is a new smoke at my B&M. Don't know much about it, but it was pretty good!
    Then I had my first LFD this weekend and was floored...definitely HAVE to get more of these, and I dug the chisel!
    Then I had a MC#2 ISOM as well!image
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Smoked a lfd dl that's been sitting for over a year.....it was delicious!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    jeep edsonjeep edson Posts: 826
    another punisher shorty
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    IMAG0226
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Smoking a Rocky Patel Prodigy tonight.
  • Options
    OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    Had a Tatuaje Tattoo last night. Incredible lancero!

Then started off with an Alec Bradley New York from catfish tonight and finished with the new My Father Flor de las Antillas.

• Options
    OchoZacho:

Then started off with an Alec Bradley New York from catfish tonight and finished with the new My Father Flor de las Antillas.

How was the Tattoo lancero? I got two resting thinking of firing one up
  • Options
    Diesel Unlimited D6
  • Options
    OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    big chunks:
    OchoZacho:

How was the Tattoo lancero? I got two resting thinking of firing one up
    Absolutely amazing! Best woody nutty flavor I've had. Fire one Of those bad boys up and if you don't like it I'll trade you for the other!
  • Options
    Sounds good, I really want to enjoy this one I'm either gonna light it up Friday or Saturday, I'll let you know what I think, how was the new my father? I've been really enjoying the my fathers lately especially the new corona, smoked through a box of those have a few more boxes resting but I think I have to crack open another one soon, lol
  • Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    Smoke while I went for walk with gf.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Smokin my first LP40,,this ones either from JJ or Spindrift,,not sure which,, so I'll thank you both!! Love you guys,,,thanks!!!
  • Options
    T.J. ArmstrongT.J. Armstrong Posts: 256
    Just finished an E.P. Carrillo Elenco that we got in our first trade with BigFnSteve. Great smoke and a perfect night for it! Thanks again Steve for breaking us in on the trading.
  • Options
    WhoDeyGalWhoDeyGal Posts: 727 ✭✭
    My first diesel shorty.... And it unraveled image
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    WhoDeyGal:
    I've found thy hate high humidity. Over 65, those wrappers crack like crazy from expanding and being to wet. Happened to me the other night, forgot to dry box it for a couple hours. Make it a point to let your next smokes dry out a couple hours and see if there is a difference. I am smoking a Diesel UHC now that I store at 69rh, so I pulled it this afternoon.
  • Options
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    WhoDeyGal:
    I've found thy hate high humidity. Over 65, those wrappers crack like crazy from expanding and being to wet. Happened to me the other night, forgot to dry box it for a couple hours. Make it a point to let your next smokes dry out a couple hours and see if there is a difference. I am smoking a Diesel UHC now that I store at 69rh, so I pulled it this afternoon.
    Good to know. Have one more in the humi.
  • Options
    WhoDeyGal:
    catfishbluezz:
    WhoDeyGal:
    Dry box it overnight if you want. I keep some in my smoking humi at 63 and they are a personal favorite. The uhc is much stronger IMO, so I store them at 69
  • Options
    SmokindaddySmokindaddy Posts: 1,107

So damn good!!!
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    WhoDeyGal:
    catfishbluezz:
    WhoDeyGal:
    Dry box it overnight if you want. I keep some in my smoking humi at 63 and they are a personal favorite. The uhc is much stronger IMO, so I store them at 69
    How can you tell a cigar is moist to the point it needs to be dry boxed?
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    WhoDeyGal:
    catfishbluezz:
    WhoDeyGal:
    catfishbluezz:
    WhoDeyGal:
    How can you tell a cigar is moist to the point it needs to be dry boxed?
    Usually when I smoke a cigar that is in my 65%Rh humidor for quite some time but it still burns funny or wobbly (the line isn't clean) or if it gets a little harsh at the last third of the smoke I tend to like to dry it out a bit. If it burns weird or gets harsh (not like it tastes bad with the flavors, but the smoke gets too hot and ruins the flavor) then I feel the wrapper might be a tad oily or the cigar in general needs to dry out.

Basically I find it's a personal preference and only comes with smoking the cigars and then figuring out the best way to smoke them. For me, it's a general rule of thumb that rich, oily wrappers that almost look wet to the touch get some dry time.
  • Options
    Nikki, my preference is dry boxing anything stored above 65. Sometimes the foot of the cigar is moist or spongy. For example, had i pulled this uhc out ad smoked it, probably would have had uneven burn and got a little wet and oily halfway through. They tend to have good flavor up front, but spoil towards the end and tar up due to the wet draw clogging the cigar. By dry boxing it, even burn, nice flavor, perfect draw. Some folks like the high rh, I don't. I used Boveda packs and four humis to determine this. Cigars I loved stored at 65, I hated at 69-72. I also found that those cigars tended to have severe wrapper issues, yet never had a problem at 65. Now I use 65 beads in my humis and cooler, with 69 packs in aging boxes.
  • Options
    T.J. ArmstrongT.J. Armstrong Posts: 256
    Thanks for the info Cat. With dry boxing, do you suggest just using an empty cigar box? I was looking up info on it and that was one of the pieces they threw out there. Also, how long do you dry box? A few hours or do you lay out a few for the week and they them dry box for a day or two?