Comments

• Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Communist.
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    j0z3r:
    dutyje:
    alright.. all better. Looks like the site was just having a lot of trouble this morning. Scram, tracking info on the way to your inbox.
    Ya know Doody, they have these buildings that you can take a sealed, addressed box to, and for a small fee they will take it from you and get it to the address on the box. Now I know the concept is perhaps a bit strange, and I'll admit that I was taken aback by it myself, but I've since grown to embrace this postal system and their apparent satellite offices and life has gotten much easier.
    The post office down here is a nightmare... You can't get in and out of there in under 60 minutes.. total disaster. So instead I spent 2 hrs online cursing, swearing, pounding the table with my fist, and eventually getting a printed label I could slap on the box. I know how to work the system.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    dutyje:
    j0z3r:
    dutyje:
    alright.. all better. Looks like the site was just having a lot of trouble this morning. Scram, tracking info on the way to your inbox.
    Ya know Doody, they have these buildings that you can take a sealed, addressed box to, and for a small fee they will take it from you and get it to the address on the box. Now I know the concept is perhaps a bit strange, and I'll admit that I was taken aback by it myself, but I've since grown to embrace this postal system and their apparent satellite offices and life has gotten much easier.
    The post office down here is a nightmare... You can't get in and out of there in under 60 minutes.. total disaster. So instead I spent 2 hrs online cursing, swearing, pounding the table with my fist, and eventually getting a printed label I could slap on the box. I know how to work the system.
    lol...sounds like maybe the post office would have proven to be less of a nightmare this time around, no? :D
  • Options
    ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    lol, I just use the automated terminal at the post office. Don't have to deal with any incompetent people, no line, and I can send it at 2am since that's often about the only time I'm free.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Scrambler:
    lol, I just use the automated terminal at the post office. Don't have to deal with any incompetent people, no line, and I can send it at 2am since that's often about the only time I'm free.
    Bingo, that's what I do, sans the 2am part...the town I live in is small enough to where major congestion is not a factor at the PO for the most part, so the only hurdles to deal with are incompetent and crabby postal employees, so it's the terminal or bust for me.
  • Options
    vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    You guys are going about it all wrong. I just send my wife every time. No hassles, no lines, and she has done it enough times that she knows the drill.
  • Options
    vankleekkw:
    You guys are going about it all wrong. I just send my wife every time. No hassles, no lines, and she has done it enough times that she knows the drill.
    lol, that would work, except it was expressly forbidden for this pass, in light of what happened with the last one.
    madurofan:
    6. You must mail the package yourself. Do not give it to wives, girlfriends, or especially secretaries to mail out for you! This will forever be known as Diasing a package. LOL
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Scrambler:
    Living in Memphis, there's a terminal at the airport where I can drop off a FedEx package at, like, 2 a.m., and it will still get where it's going by 10 a.m. that day. I've never needed to do it, but some people at the office have.
  • Options
    Scrambler:
    vankleekkw:
    lol, that would work, except it was expressly forbidden for this pass, in light of what happened with the last one.
    madurofan:
    6. You must mail the package yourself. Do not give it to wives, girlfriends, or especially secretaries to mail out for you! This will forever be known as Diasing a package. LOL
    Good call Scramz.
  • Options
    Pass arrived at my place this afternoon. I'm at work, so I haven't seen it yet, but it'll be headed to Urbi on Monday.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Scrambler:
    Pass arrived at my place this afternoon. I'm at work, so I haven't seen it yet, but it'll be headed to Urbi on Monday.
    Now this thing has got some wheels on it.. It should make it's way back north pretty soon.
  • Options
    Hey, bass. Shoot me your mailing addy so I'll have it handy when I get the pass from Scramz.
  • Options
    bass8844bass8844 Posts: 416
    Addy has been shot.
  • Options
    And caught.
  • Options
    Headed to the post office now. Here are my puts & takes.

Takes: G5, Playboy, Casa Magna.
    Puts: Mac 1968, Mi Dominicana, RP Sun Grown.

Maddy, I have a couple sticks I picked up for you, but I'll just hang on to them until next week when you're down here.
  • Options
    Update: the pass is at my apartment office. I'll pick it up tomorrow morning and, with luck, send it back out this afternoon.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    What do you have a time machine?
  • Options
    Heh. As noted elsethread, time is irrelevant.

Okay, so I've got the pass. Takes:

Mi Dominicana
    Ovation Trilogy
    Macanudo 1968

Puts:

Montecristo White
    Padilla Obsidian
    Gurkha Regent

Thanks for the excellent bomb, Scramz! There was another bomb in there for me, too, but I don't know who from. Whodunit?
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Hey, Urbs.. that was me. I wanted to complete your Boffo Birthday Tour of Ecuadorian Sumatra. The unlabeled torpedo is an EcSu from my local shop. Pretty mild in body, but a favorite of mine.
  • Options
    Oh! Excellent. You've had me curious about that local one. Thanks!

The pass is back on its merry way. Tracking info PM'd, bass.
  • Options
    Let me know what you think of the Mi Dominicana. I bought a box (because it came with a free Cigar Oasis, making the cigars damn near free in my mind), but haven't seen many independent reviews on it. I enjoyed the one I smoked. It was probably the strongest cigar I've ever had.
  • Options
    sdipsdip Posts: 406

madurofan:
    Ok we're going to send the pass back around. Feel free to participate even if you weren't in the last one. We're going to try to keep a few low end sticks in here as well so don't be intimidated if your collection isn't what some of us have. This time there are gonna be a few extra rules. All the rules from the first pass still apply these are in addition to those.

1. If you agree to participate, you must participate. Take 2 or 3 sticks out and put the same number of sticks back in.
    2. These sticks must be of equivalent value. This goes both ways don't put in a high valued stick and take out a low valued, this may make it harder for people later down the pass to participate bc they don't have anything of equivalent value. I'm trying to keep this as an everyday stick pass with one premium stick in it. Nothing ultra premium last time it started as a Gurkha Titan.
    3. This time you will post what you took and what you replaced it with within 1 day of sending it out. If someone hits you with some extra sticks through the pass feel free to acknowledge that but please do not list the contents of any extra sticks that were not meant for you.
    4. Please try your best to get the box back out within 48 hours of receiving, so it keeps on moving.
    5. I hate that I have to do this but you must have participated in a previous game and sent out sticks to someone else to participate in this pass.
    6. You must mail the package yourself. Do not give it to wives, girlfriends, or especially secretaries to mail out for you! This will forever be known as Diasing a package. LOL This time I'm going to post the list of whos in on this post, I'll just edit it to update. So continue to look at this first post.

1.ME(Maddy, Landon)
    2.Dep691
    3.laker1963
    4.j0zer
    5.doody
    6.scrambler
    7.urbi
    8.bass
    9.BTMisles
    10.kaspera
    11.rusirius
    12.vankleekkw
    13.rdnstn
    14.Bad Andy

How about adding me to the list. I'll give it a try.

• Options
    Scrambler:
    Maddy, I have a couple sticks I picked up for you, but I'll just hang on to them until next week when you're down here.
    I brought a couple for you with me.
  • Options
    Just FYI. FedEx says the pass should arrive on bass's doorstep on Thurs. It seems like it's taking a long time to get there, but maybe that's just me.
  • Options
    Fedex is correct...hit me on Thursday (which is today). Everything looks in great condition and luckily since the package got to me early enough today I can send it out before I go to work tonight.

Takes: Padilla Obsidian, RP sun grown, Gurkha regent.

Puts: Perdomo Cabinet Series Cameroon, Perdomo ESV 91, Gurkha expedition.

I'll pm the tracking info later on. Oh yeah on a side note, Scrambler...you've got mail.
  • Options
    Ok package sent out today. BTmisles PM sent your way.
  • Options
    btmislesbtmisles Posts: 125
    Received Package on Saturday. Everything in good shape.

Takes: Perdomo Reserve Cameroon, Perdomo ESV 91, Montecristo White.

Puts: Padilla Obsidian, 5 Vegas Miami, DPG Cuban Classic.

Package on its way to Kas (PM in your inbox)
  • Options
    All right BT, reply sent
  • Options
    A Pass arrived today in fine condition and I took:
    Sol Cubano Artisian
    Padilla Obsidian
    Gurkha Expedition

Puts Included
    La Aurora 1495 1994
    Gurkha Titan
    CAO Black

I'll get it out on Thursday.. Sirius, you are next.
    Don't forget to tip our host ! Maddy, I dropped a stick in for you too.
  • Options
    Package has been sent, Sirius you have mail.