Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

A Pass Deux

Comments

• madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    you're a stand up guy and known good trader. no need to get approval. You'll be last on the list so you'll just be sending back to me anyways.
  • Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    Maddy...do y'all have room for one more or is it too late to jump in?
    We always have room for another good trader Andy.
    Awesome...thanks. I am starting a new job but I work evenings so getting to the post office should be pretty easy.
  • vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    what is the status so far?
    Still waiting for the package to make it to Canada(laker). That can take time.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    madurofan:

Damned Huskies... they've unionized now you know. They are now slower then,... well... Canada Post.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    madurofan:

Damned Huskies... they've unionized now you know. They are now slower then,... well... Canada Post.
    You just reminded me of something an old boss of mine use to say.. You people work, like old people F***, slow and sloppy.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    laker1963:
    madurofan:

According to some nature program I saw the other day, the sled dog is the fastest land animal on Earth over long distances.

I'm sure that's only in Right-to-Sled states, though.
    only in canada and only urbi would come up with that...lol
  • dep691dep691 Posts: 311

madurofan:
    Looks good to me dep. Let me know what you think of that Habano #3, I ordered a 10-pack of those and didn't really care for the one I've smoked so far but everyone else seems to love them.

Tried the Habano #3 friday night. Yea, it was okay, not as strong as I like but it was good. I don't think I would buy one.

Kinda my opinion on them. I've given most of them away now but kept one for aging. I'll dig it out in a year and see what I think.
    Hey boys the Huskies pulled in today. (all slow and sloppy)

Very nice contents here guys. I took the following... Rocky Patel Decade... Torpedo

Park Avenue 44... Churchill

Perdomo Lot 23...churchill

I put in the following...

Sol Cubano Artisan

Padron 1926

Don Tomas Special Edition

Hopefully there are a couple of wanted sticks in here for the next guy (jozr).

I was also BOMBED !!!! and I mean BOMBED by Dep691 He sent me 5 sticks including... Padron 1926 looks like a #9 possibly

An illusione cg:4

a Tatuaje Cojonu 2006

An EO 601 Green Band (Oscuro)

An Oliva Master Blends III

Wow that was just so very generous of Dep691. What a class act. Thank you!!
    This package has been put back into the mail system and is on its way to you Jo3zr.

I did not put tracking on the box because of the additional declarations required regarding contents and it would have more then doubled the shipping rates. I will accept responsibility for the package until it arrives at the next stop which is Jo3zr.

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Cool, quick turn around (or is it aroond) from Canadia. :) Looking forward to it laker.

Now, since Doody is in line after me...Paging Mr. Duty...Paging Mr. Duty, please pm your address for quick turn-aroundability.
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Sent. Also, I believe this is post #1,000... so if y'all will excuse me, I'm about to go step on that scale.
    dutyje:
    Sent. Also, I believe this is post #1,000... so if y'all will excuse me, I'm about to go step on that scale.

CONGATULATIONS Duty !

Hey Duty... Is that Urbino with his foot on that scale your on?
    laker1963:
    dutyje:

CONGATULATIONS Duty !

I hope not... I weigh in the buff to get accurate measurements. I also have a strict process about the timing with respect to my hydration and diet before a weigh-in, so that the measurements are as consistent as possible from day to day. I still notice large swings for a day or two following a night of strenuous activity (like hockey) or drinking (or both).
    dutyje:
    I weigh in the buff
    Your poor kids. I hope the scale is in the master bath.
    laker1963:
    dutyje:

CONGATULATIONS Duty !

I don't have a dog in that fight, so I'll keep my feet to myself and let doody keep his noodiness to himself.
    Laker, man, you may have priced me right out of this game -- must be the exchange rate ;)... I'm not exactly rolling in super-premiums, and we've climbed from cigars in the $4-8 range all the way up to $25 sticks. I vote that Jozer gets to pull pricey stuff in exchange for regular-guy smokes if he wishes. He's always stepping up to trade with newbies, and I think he deserves a little extra thrown his way.
    I never count dollars among friends. I say we apply that principle here.
    urbino:
    I second that one.
    dutyje:
    Laker, man, you may have priced me right out of this game -- must be the exchange rate ;)... I'm not exactly rolling in super-premiums, and we've climbed from cigars in the $4-8 range all the way up to $25 sticks. I vote that Jozer gets to pull pricey stuff in exchange for regular-guy smokes if he wishes. He's always stepping up to trade with newbies, and I think he deserves a little extra thrown his way.

urbino:

Listen guys. I did NOT put anything into that pass that I want to hold up to anybody else's additions. I am totally with Urbi on this one. I do NOT count $$ among friends.

To be totally honest I never compared what I took with what I left. I had the sticks ready to go a week ago. I took three that I really wanted to try, period.

If my additions are considered up to par THAT is my only concern. Everyone here bombs or passes up at some time. This is just a great way to pass along good sticks with good friends.

I hope Jozer will enjoy some of them.
    Well said laker. It's about the fun of the game and trying new sticks, not matching dollar for dollar. Though if you swap a gurkha for a backwoods...well, nuff said.

And just as a side note, regardless of the MSRP for any given cigar, I will not be putting in anything I paid more than $6-$8 for.
    I was just looking at the original rules, and I don't want to feel like I'm ripping everybody off when I put in the stuff that I picked up for this pass. Honestly, what I look at first is who is downstream from me, and I don't want to throw in stuff that I know they've got in stock (for example, I bought some Royal Brigades, but I know Urbi is downstream and well-stocked on those). I also look for stuff that people have put on previous unfulfilled MAW's.

Edit: I apologize for my earlier posts... I don't want to ruin the spirit of the game. I have come out well ahead in all these passes, and I don't like to feel like a big mooch.
    dutyje:
    ...and I don't like to feel like a big mooch.
    I don't think you're being a big mooch or anything of the sort. Obviously you are putting some thought into your participation in this game, a mooch would grab the best stuff and throw in a bunch of $1.50 sticks without any regard as to what they are or if they're even any good.
    Izzackly. The birthday order you put together for me didn't win because it included the greatest number of super-premium stogies, which it didn't; it won because each of the selections was very thoughtfully chosen. Likewise, the thought you're putting into what you'll include in the pass is worth a good deal more than three super-premium cigars.
  • ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    I figure as long as your puts are in line with what was originally in the package, you're in compliance with the spirit of the rules. I'm immediately downstream from you, and I certainly won't be upset with the selection if it's in line with what Maddy started this with. In other words, don't worry about it. Take what you want and put in what you've already thoughtfully selected.
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    I just want to echo what everyone else here has said already. IMO, as long as it's not trash that you are putting in, I don't care about the dollar value. I much prefer somebody put thought into their selections than worry about if it costs the same.