Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

A Pass Deux

Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    rusirius:
    ...but anything made by a Captain has to be good right??? And I mean 20 of 'em... You can't go wrong!
    That's what I always say....
  • Options
    urbino:
    I think Shirley's points about trades are very valid. I thought the same thing back when j0z3r proposed trading with him to give him some cred. I'm not sure what we can do about it, though. It's probably best just to proceed as we always have -- that is, primarily on trust. Any other approach I can think of would just sap the fun from the games.
    My trade proposal was so I could finally offload the case of Backwoods sweets that I have (had :D), so it was merely self serving, I assure you.

I agree completely, a name on a list does little or nothing to show one's character...take me for example, all the cigars I send out I hollow out and refill with cigarette tobacco just to be a d!ck. But I also think that many would be rip-off artists would not bother going through the trouble. A trade to establish cred may not be a great assurance of how stand-up a person is, but it is better than forging ahead blindly if you ask me.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    j0z3r:
    I agree completely, a name on a list does little or nothing to show one's character...take me for example, all the cigars I send out I hollow out and refill with cigarette tobacco just to be a d!ck.
    I like to fill them with the powder from PixieStix.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    I just want everyone here to know that Dias has contacted me and has made amends for the mooch package he was sending me.

I know there are some lingering feelings left about all this and maybe Dias too. I also know that there has been some talk of punishing Dias. I DO NOT want to step on anyone here or piss people off with going against the RULES, but in my books DiasFlak is upstanding regardless of the circumstances of all this.

In other words Dias I am willing to trade with you any time you like.

It has been stated here that all we can go on is that most people here are honest. If some loser wanted to take some sticks from us after establishing him/herself here then what can we really do about it?

I for one will continue to use my own judgement when dealing with anyone, anywhere. To me trust is a much better feeling then paranoia.
  • Options
    SacNick:
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:
    Maybe we should amend the rules of any future passes to include only those with positive trading feedback.
    This is officially a rule for this pass. Sorry RUSirius. Everyone else look at the list of people make sure everyone on there is a validated trader. The only person I'm not sure of is SacNick, has he participated in anything?
    I have not participated in a trade on here before.

I sure want to. I have already communicated with BASS and he has my cell.

Hey SacNick. I will trade with you if you want. what do you have / want? PM me.
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Nicely said, laker... I would feel fully confident in trading with Dias at this point. He's worked hard to regain trust and I feel like all this ugliness is already behind us. That being said, though, I think it'd be a nice gesture to lay off the games for a little bit. I trust anyone on here. It may be a bit naive, but we're only talking about a few sticks of tobacco here.
  • Options
    One more thing, though... I've had an uneasy feeling in my gut since I posted that message on the A Pass thread asking about the status. I don't like that feeling that somebody may have just been stiffed. I guess as far as rules go, we're really just trying to protect ourselves a little bit from that feeling. Would it stop someone who is determined? Of course not. But then anybody who wants anything of yours can get it with enough determination. That doesn't mean I'm going to leave my doors unlocked.
  • Options
    Absolutey dootie.
  • Options
    laker1963:
    SacNick:
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:
    Maybe we should amend the rules of any future passes to include only those with positive trading feedback.
    This is officially a rule for this pass. Sorry RUSirius. Everyone else look at the list of people make sure everyone on there is a validated trader. The only person I'm not sure of is SacNick, has he participated in anything?
    I have not participated in a trade on here before.

I sure want to. I have already communicated with BASS and he has my cell.

Hey SacNick. I will trade with you if you want. what do you have / want? PM me.
    Laker - Pinged you.
  • Options
    Are you sure. I checked the my PM box and I didn't see anything. I am still kind of new to this so if you meant something else by that ... you will have to explain it VERY slowly... I am Canadian rememebr? ;)

BTW thanks I think...LOL
  • Options
    I clicked on the send email, oh yah, I don't think the send email works.

I will PM you.
  • Options
    SacNick:
    I clicked on the send email, oh yah, I don't think the send email works.

I will PM you.

Back at you Nick... off to work, later all.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Everybody check out rule 6.
  • Options
    LOL Aw, man! I was planning to Dias the sh*t outta that thing!

OK, I think the punishment has been delivered. Poor Dias is catching a lot of grief around here. I'll get back to harassing Kuzi and Bad Andy on the political forum :)
  • Options
    dep691dep691 Posts: 311
    Funny, Hey laker pm me your address.
  • Options
    rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
    So what's up? Am I in now? Stick out tongue [:P]
  • Options
    You were never out IMO.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    You were never out IMO.
    Hey Maddy the man needs his name on the ever growing list. I don't see it there ,, yet.
  • Options
    madurofan:
    You were never out IMO.
    LOL, I got some cool new cigars, and you didn't even have to, score one for me.

edit: It's there kas., at least as long as it stayed where I left it.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    madurofan:
    You were never out IMO.

LOL, nah, was well worth it in my opinion... I got rid of a few smokes I had a few dups of, and in return every one of the ones you sent are ones I've never tried before... IMO that's what a trade is all about!

And thanks Maddy... I just assumed with the revised rules (and with not being on the list) that I was outta there till I had some status... But now I'm all like, the shiznit and stuff... Stick out tongue [:P]
  • Options
    rusirius:
    j0z3r:
    madurofan:
    You were never out IMO.

LOL, nah, was well worth it in my opinion... I got rid of a few smokes I had a few dups of, and in return every one of the ones you sent are ones I've never tried before... IMO that's what a trade is all about!

And thanks Maddy... I just assumed with the revised rules (and with not being on the list) that I was outta there till I had some status... But now I'm all like, the shiznit and stuff... Stick out tongue [:P]
    Cool beans then, we're both happy. I've only had one of the cigars you sent me, and I enjoyed it thoroughly... the Cusano 18 Conn.... well, and I kinda, sorta had a 5 Vegas Miami, but that was when I was green as grass to cigar smoking and I ruined the cigar so it just tasted like ash. Looking forward to the others... especially the Greycliff, though I think those go for more than $5...:)
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    rusirius:
    j0z3r:
    madurofan:
    You were never out IMO.

Cool beans then, we're both happy. I've only had one of the cigars you sent me, and I enjoyed it thoroughly... the Cusano 18 Conn.... well, and I kinda, sorta had a 5 Vegas Miami, but that was when I was green as grass to cigar smoking and I ruined the cigar so it just tasted like ash. Looking forward to the others... especially the Greycliff, though I think those go for more than $5...:)
    I think it goes for something like $5.25, but I got it on sale... Stick out tongue [:P]

BTW, I had a plain cardboard box that would have fit inside the shipping box just fine, but I said, "Nah, I want him to open this thing up and wonder, even if for just a moment, if I mistakenly mailed him a fetal doppler... Bwhahhaha"
  • Options
    rusirius:
    j0z3r:
    rusirius:
    j0z3r:
    madurofan:
    You were never out IMO.

I think it goes for something like $5.25, but I got it on sale... Stick out tongue [:P]

BTW, I had a plain cardboard box that would have fit inside the shipping box just fine, but I said, "Nah, I want him to open this thing up and wonder, even if for just a moment, if I mistakenly mailed him a fetal doppler... Bwhahhaha"
    There is such thing as a Greycliff that retails for less that $10 (aside from the Legends line)? Color me surprised.

I was kinda hoping on the fetal doppler... that would be so cool. Don't know what I'd use it for, but I'd find something. :D

edit: Oh yeah, I've also had the Cuban Cabinet, loved that one too.
  • Options
    Sirius, well the way I looked at it was when the new rule popped up you immediately made the effort to make yourself eligible. You were in in my book, sorry I left you off the list.
  • Options
    I am not clear, what's the status of this pass?

Thanks.
  • Options
    Leaves Monday, assuming I'm not shut down due to Hanna.
  • Options
    madurofan:
    assuming I'm not shut down due to Hanna.
    Was that the name of Dias' secretary?
  • Options
    LMAO no no. The hurricane thats supposed to hit NC and VA this weekend. Come on Duty u live in NC.
  • Options
    Thanks for the update.
  • Options
    Laker1963 check your PM