Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

A Pass Deux

Comments

• dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Maddy, I think your vote is the only one that counts, as you're the only one actually out sticks if he ends up phishermaning the pass. The rest of us break even upon receiving the box. You could make a case that downstream passers also risk losing tagalong bombs.

<Yoda>He is too funny. Yes, too funny to begin the training. Hmph</Yoda>

Edit: Just to clarify, I have no objection whatsoever to letting Shirley play in our reindeer games
  • rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
    Ohh yes, and Doody's ;) post above reminded me of something...

I'm also highly regarded across the space-time continuum. And yes, I know for a fact that there is such a thing as Hawking radiation...
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Good points. I'm ok with him in on it , so thats two votes.

Well as of right now I still haven't received the first pass back from DiasFlak. He has been PMing me so I'm not calling him out yet but its worrying me a little. He said its been shipped so hopefully I'm getting today or tomorrow.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    madurofan:

Well as of right now I still haven't received the first pass back from DiasFlak. He has been PMing me so I'm not calling him out yet but its worrying me a little. He said its been shipped so hopefully I'm getting today or tomorrow.

I have no problem with Shirley coming into the game. I know I am new here as well... but Maddy said he had two votes, I am just trying to give him/her the third if that's what is needed. Welcome aboard Shirley.
    madurofan:

Yeah, it's been over 2 weeks since that box was supposed to have shown up w/ Dias, so it should have been to your place by now, Maddy. Should we consider moving "less experienced" traders up to the front of the line so there is less at stake if a pass should fail on a new trader?
    laker1963:
    madurofan:

I have no problem with Shirley coming into the game. I know I am new here as well... but Maddy said he had two votes, I am just trying to give him/her the third if that's what is needed. Welcome aboard Shirley.
    You may be new but you're an established trader now and a known philanthropist ;).
    Duty, idk either way it'll suck. I do think Dias is really sending it he's just gotten tied up. He's PMed me unsolicited a couple times to give me updates.
  • btmislesbtmisles Posts: 125
    Wow! I am shocked to hear that the package hasn't arrived. Hope all is well with it. There was quite a stash in that box when it left my place.
    Maddy, Can you provide a list of some of your faves? So those of us that want to include a little something extra for you, know what to choose?
    I have a hunch he's a fan of maduros ;)
    dutyje:
    I have a hunch he's a fan of maduros ;)
    LMAO.. Thanks for pointing that out Lucinda....
    Bwhahhaha
    madurofan:
    laker1963:
    madurofan:

You may be new but you're an established trader now and a known philanthropist ;).

Hey Maddy... I never touched that rubber chicken. Unless of course you have pictures and then, well, I was drunk, yeah, really really drunk. Oh and that chicken was coming on to me.

And even so, theres no need to be calling people names, jeeezh.
    rusirius:
    Maddy, Can you provide a list of some of your faves? So those of us that want to include a little something extra for you, know what to choose?
    There is no need pass anything on to me, of course I won't turn it down but you definetly don't need to do so.
    However, I'm a fan of something new to be honest. Im as much a collector as I am a smoker, I love getting cigars I've never had. While I am a big maduro fan(obviously), I'm almost an even bigger cameroon and sumatra fan. I do prefer medium-full cigars and love a good spicy cigar.
    laker1963:
    And even so, theres no need to be calling people names, jeeezh.
    I forgot you were Canadian, no more big English words, I promise.
    madurofan:
    There is no need pass anything on to me, of course I won't turn it down but you definetly don't need to do so.
    However, I'm a fan of something new to be honest. Im as much a collector as I am a smoker, I love getting cigars I've never had. While I am a big maduro fan(obviously), I'm almost an even bigger cameroon and sumatra fan. I do prefer medium-full cigars and love a good spicy cigar.
    Nah, I know, but still I think it's a good idea to throw in a little something extra for the "sponsor"... Besides... Everyone else get's to "pick" what they take... You just get stuck with whatever's left in the end... Might as well get something nice out of the deal... ;)
    Ha! Never thought about the fact that I'm getting stuck with it, lol. Well I appreciate it.
    OK I just looked up Philanthropist in the dictionary. Ummm, can I withdraw the chicken post? :)
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    madurofan:

He hasn't given you a tracking number?
    Forgot to get DC. I didn't get DC on the package I sent to you either Urbs, it happens.

What does make me nervous is that he has dissappeared fromt he boards as of late!
  • dep691dep691 Posts: 311

madurofan:
    Forgot to get DC. I didn't get DC on the package I sent to you either Urbs, it happens.

What does make me nervous is that he has dissappeared fromt he boards as of late!

Dude this sucks!

I really hope its there when I get home bc I'm starting to get a sick feeling. I hope he wouldn't do this.
    I mean it was just yesterday that he PMed me again letting me know he didn't get DC. It was sent the 21st supposedly.
  • dep691dep691 Posts: 311

madurofan:
    I mean it was just yesterday that he PMed me again letting me know he didn't get DC. It was sent the 21st supposedly.

I'm sure it will be there when u get home.

madurofan:
    Do you know how it was sent (priority mail, UPS, etc)? I mean, he isn't terribly far away from you, so it should certainly be there soon. He's at least been on here. We have his home address.
    dutyje:
    madurofan:
    Do you know how it was sent (priority mail, UPS, etc)? I mean, he isn't terribly far away from you, so it should certainly be there soon. He's at least been on here. We have his home address.
    Not that this is any of my business, but since he mentioned DC (i'm assuming delivery confirmation) that would imply he sent it regular 'ol first class... priority includes tracking by default (albeit a pretty poor excuse for it), and of course so does UPS or any other carrier...
    rusirius, true it comes with DC but if you don't ask for it they don't give it to you. It wasn't here when I got home, this is dissappointing. Not quite to the point of calling him out on it yet but I'm worrying.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Check yer PM, maddy.
  • btmislesbtmisles Posts: 125
    Dias was on today but hasn't posted in a while. That scares me a bit but I would give it a few more days before we really roast him.
    Yea I say until next friday before we roast him. Like I said, he's been keeping me up to date until a couple days ago.
    I see he has visited the forums today.

Perhaps we should cool the worrying talk about Dias for a while and give him a chance to come thru. I am sure he is the MOST worried of all of us. I mean it is his reputation that is on the line here... for a few cigars?

DiasFlak seems like an upstanding guy, but if for some reason the PIF doesn't show up then we should just start a new one. I will start it off next time if we have to go that route. I have no problem with starting the Pass troix in due time.

I will and would suggest that EVERYONE who gets involved agree to purchase and ask for tracking of all PIF packages or accept responsibility for any lost packages. That could be tracked via the last report of what was in the box, when it left the person prior to the problem. Just a thought.