Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

A Pass Deux

Comments

• Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    It wasn't just for Maddy, Laker.. I think there were surprise bombs for several downstream participants. It built up huge for maddy because he originated the boomerang. I understand you aren't trying to play down the seriousness of this, and I know I tend to take a harder line on these things. I may have been wrong to jump to this conclusion (wouldn't be the first time), I just don't have patience to wait for someone to uphold their end of a bargain. Like you, though, I'm actually an extremely trusting person. But I'm downright ruthless when that trust is betrayed. I don't even stand to lose anything in all this.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    dutyje:
    ... I'm actually an extremely trusting person. But I'm downright ruthless when that trust is betrayed.
    For what it's worth, I find that to be an admirable quality in people, as it shows that trust and honesty is something that actually matters to them. When the chips are down, those are the kind of people I want in my corner.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    dutyje:
    ... I'm actually an extremely trusting person. But I'm downright ruthless when that trust is betrayed.
    For what it's worth, I find that to be an admirable quality in people, as it shows that trust and honesty is something that actually matters to them. When the chips are down, those are the kind of people I want in my corner.
    You don't want me.. I'm small and wimpy ;)
  • Options
    rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
    dutyje:
    j0z3r:
    dutyje:
    I'll be in your corner... ;) I collect Katanas... and know how to shave with 'em... Stick out tongue [:P]
  • Options
    rusirius:
    dutyje:
    j0z3r:
    dutyje:
    I'll be in your corner... ;) I collect Katanas... and know how to shave with 'em... Stick out tongue [:P]
    Yeah...I'm not sure if that is a reassuring fact, or just another thing that makes me scratch my head in wonder.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Based on all the posts I've seen on this site, I want Zoom on my side. His weaponry is better than your weaponry.
  • Options
    Luko:
    Based on all the posts I've seen on this site, I want Zoom on my side. His weaponry is better than your weaponry.
    But did I mention I also collect guns? Lots and lots of guns? My favorite is this beauty... The Robinson Arms XCR... Stick out tongue [:P]

It's decked out with an EOTECH 552 holo-sight, midwest industries BUIS, and folding stock... Gotta love gas piston baby... ;)
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I'm about as easy going as anybody. Ever. In the long and colorful history of the human race. But like doody, I think there ought to be consequences when somebody misbehaves, which, even if the packages turn up, Dias has done. That's why I've proposed elsethread that there be a penalty. Not a ban or a reputation nuking (if the packages show up), but a penalty, nonetheless.

Also: I got your back, doody; I'm a total badass in a fight. (Guns are for sissies.)
  • Options
    btmislesbtmisles Posts: 125
    Scrambler:
    j0z3r:
    Maybe we should amend the rules of any future passes to include only those with positive trading feedback.
    I like this rule. I had an odd feeling about adding someone with no trading reputation when the pass was going around, but everyone seemed cool with it. Obviously we need to allow for new members to get that cred (MAW is perfect). I'm grateful that I was able to join in the games so quickly when I joined and would hate to exclude people, but barring a last minute comethrough this sucks.

I'm just kicking myself because I came very close to pulling Maddy's goodie bag out of the box and sending it directly to him because of its magnitude.

I will sit out on this pass then. The only cred I have is from Dias in the last pass and i'm not sure that will fly. I will be looking to get in on some things in the near future to build a rep.
  • Options
    ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    btmisles, I don't think there is any need for you to sit out. You have a longer track record as a poster than I do. You may not be as prolific as some of us, but you've been around. Besides, by all indications the package arrived just fine after you sent it along.

I hope you didn't take my comments as directed at you.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Yea BT you're still in bud.

I'm going to send this pass out a week from Monday, no matter what the outcome of the Dias ordeal.
  • Options
    btmislesbtmisles Posts: 125
    Scrambler:
    I hope you didn't take my comments as directed at you.

Not at all. I understand and agree with the rule in question so I was just keeping in line with the rule.

madurofan:
    Yea BT you're still in bud

Sweet!
  • Options
    btmisles:
    Scrambler:
    j0z3r:
    Maybe we should amend the rules of any future passes to include only those with positive trading feedback.
    I like this rule. I had an odd feeling about adding someone with no trading reputation when the pass was going around, but everyone seemed cool with it. Obviously we need to allow for new members to get that cred (MAW is perfect). I'm grateful that I was able to join in the games so quickly when I joined and would hate to exclude people, but barring a last minute comethrough this sucks.

I'm just kicking myself because I came very close to pulling Maddy's goodie bag out of the box and sending it directly to him because of its magnitude.

I will sit out on this pass then. The only cred I have is from Dias in the last pass and i'm not sure that will fly. I will be looking to get in on some things in the near future to build a rep.
    I hope nobody takes this as me ***'n, cause it's not... I don't give a hoot if I get in on this pass or not... Well, that's not fair... I'd certainly like to be, but it's not like I'm gonna go ball in the corner if I don't.. LOL...

BUT... I do have to question one thing... I guess I really just don't understand the whole "have to have a good trade to participate" thing... Here's what I mean...

Perfect example is this trade with Joe... We're exchanging some sticks (5) that are around $5 a piece... (Actually I hooked Joe up pretty good, he just doesn't know it yet.. ;) After this "trade" he'll post in the "Stand-up guys" post and then all will be good...

But what does that REALLY say about me or my character? So I sent 5 sticks to someone and they sent 5 sticks to me... Big whoop?

I mean let's face it... If I'm looking to rip you boys off and take home a motherload of cigars, wouldn't I get on here, set up a trade or two like that, and THEN jump in on something like a pass and steal those??? Exchanging a few cigars with someone in my opinion doesn't speak ANYTHING about someones character, only their ability to use the US postage service.

I guess what I'm saying is this... I provided links to another forum where I've been a long standing member. A quick check there would show that I've not only participated in quote a few buying and selling transactions in the B/S/T forum, but also made TONS of posts helping other newbies, wrote a few articles that were "introductions" to wet shaving, participated in a thread that gathered various people to send "wet shaving starter kits" to military men, etc... Further, I'm more than happy to provide my address, various contact numbers, place of employment, etc...

To me personally, THOSE things speak volumes to my character far more than my ability to package up a couple sticks and mail them to an address...

Just my two cents... Like I said, don't take it the wrong way... I don't want anyone to think I'm pissed off, bothered, or anything like that about this entire situation... Just wanted to voice my side of things and simply say that I just don't understand what the "criteria" for joining in really tells us about a persons character...
  • Options
    Hey Shirley, I read ya. Those are all excellent points and I totally agree. We're talking cigars here, and if somebody really desperately wants to swindle the group out of a dozen or so sticks, there's certainly opportunity to o that. I guess the validity in the "trading" exercise comes from the point that somebody who's simply in it to run away with free stuff would be doing a lot of work to score a hundred bucks worth of merchandise. There are a lot more lucrative and efficient scams on the web than this.
  • Options
    dutyje:
    Hey Shirley, I read ya. Those are all excellent points and I totally agree. We're talking cigars here, and if somebody really desperately wants to swindle the group out of a dozen or so sticks, there's certainly opportunity to o that. I guess the validity in the "trading" exercise comes from the point that somebody who's simply in it to run away with free stuff would be doing a lot of work to score a hundred bucks worth of merchandise. There are a lot more lucrative and efficient scams on the web than this.
    Which reminds me... I've got to go mail this check to pay these transfer fees... Can you believe some poor sob in a 3rd world country is wiring me 10 million dollars today just to transfer it to the US!!! All I have to do is get the bulk of the money to him and I still get to keep 2 million of it... Man! I'm placing a big order for cigars tommorow!! Woo Hoo!!!
  • Options
    LOL!!
  • Options
    Sirius, very good points. I agree with duty though, its just another precaution. Typically if someone is just trying to rip you off they don't participate at all. But you're points are valid someone could do that just to try to swindle us.

LMAO, when you get your 2 mill, will you buy me a God of Fire?
  • Options
    madurofan:
    Sirius, very good points. I agree with duty though, its just another precaution. Typically if someone is just trying to rip you off they don't participate at all. But you're points are valid someone could do that just to try to swindle us.

LMAO, when you get your 2 mill, will you buy me a God of Fire?
    Screw that... Gurkha HMR's for everyone...
  • Options
    awesome!! as soon as that $2M comes in, we all get free HMR's courtesy of Late for Dinner!! Should be any day now... any day.....
  • Options
    dutyje:
    awesome!! as soon as that $2M comes in, we all get free HMR's courtesy of Late for Dinner!! Should be any day now... any day.....
    Didn't we already discuss calling me Late for Dinner? Now the gloves are down...
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    rusirius:
    dutyje:
    Didn't we already discuss calling me Late for Dinner? Now the gloves are down...
    Take another look Shirley those are your panties that are down... your gloves come OFF !
  • Options
    laker1963:
    rusirius:
    dutyje:
    Take another look Shirley those are your panties that are down... your gloves come OFF !
    I'll have you know I just did a double check and my panties are FIRMLY planted WAY up the crack of my ass... At this point it's gonna take a tow truck just to get 'em outta there, so I know there's know way in hell they just happened to fall down... (Unless it was during one of those wild seisures where I was clicking away by accident on c.com...)
  • Options
    rusirius:
    Perfect example is this trade with Joe... We're exchanging some sticks (5) that are around $5 a piece... (Actually I hooked Joe up pretty good, he just doesn't know it yet.. ;) After this "trade" he'll post in the "Stand-up guys" post and then all will be good...
    Do I need to go and reconfigure my pack for you now based on that? I'm gonna feel like a big jerk if i sent you about half what you sent me.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    rusirius:
    Do I need to go and reconfigure my pack for you now based on that? I'm gonna feel like a big jerk if i sent you about half what you sent me.
    NO NO NO NO... We AGREED on what we were going to send and that's that!

Besides... I really just sent you 5 Dominican Premeiros... Take that Lucinda!!!
  • Options
    Sirius you threw in a bunch of Grape Phillies for Joe didn't you? Joe is a HUGE grape phillies fan if you didn't know. The plastic tubes just do it for him.
  • Options
    And I NEVER EVER expect more than what's agreed... I fully expect someone to hold up their end of a bargain, but I never expect them to exceed it...

For future reference... Not just for Joe, but for ANYONE... Regardless of what it is, a trade or otherwise, I don't care if you DO send me 5 Premeiros and I send you 5 HMR's... As long as your end holds up to the bargain (assuming their was one) then do NOT feel like you should have done more, or anything like that... That's bullcrap... ;)

HOWEVER... I ask but only one thing in return... The exact inverse of that... If we agree on certain terms DO NOT hold me to any higher expectations... Chances are you'll be pleasently surprised... But I'd rather have that than you being disappointed because you "thought" I would do something better than the agreed upon terms.
  • Options
    Well, Ok then. I did throw in a little extra initially anyway, because that's just what I do, but it's nothing much. And I'll have a delivery conf. # coming your way pretty soon, just about to head on over to the PO.
  • Options
    madurofan:
    Sirius you threw in a bunch of Grape Phillies for Joe didn't you? Joe is a HUGE grape phillies fan if you didn't know. The plastic tubes just do it for him.
    ***! Grape Phillies... I knew I screwed up... I got a pack of 20 Captain Black Little Cigars... They say they're little, but anything made by a Captain has to be good right??? And I mean 20 of 'em... You can't go wrong!
  • Options
    SacNickSacNick Posts: 77
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:
    This is officially a rule for this pass. Sorry RUSirius. Everyone else look at the list of people make sure everyone on there is a validated trader. The only person I'm not sure of is SacNick, has he participated in anything?
    I have not participated in a trade on here before.

I sure want to. I have already communicated with BASS and he has my cell.

• Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I think Shirley's points about trades are very valid. I thought the same thing back when j0z3r proposed trading with him to give him some cred. I'm not sure what we can do about it, though. It's probably best just to proceed as we always have -- that is, primarily on trust. Any other approach I can think of would just sap the fun from the games.