Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

A Pass Deux

Comments

• btmislesbtmisles Posts: 125
    I definately understand where you are coming from Laker and it is more than likely that the reason the package hasn't reached Maddy is not Dias' fault.

I just know what was in that package (at least 12 sticks for maddy plus the five in the pass) and the thought of it being lost makes me sick.
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    DiasFlak joined 7/31 and averaged more than 18 posts per day in his first couple weeks on the board. He last posted anything up on 8/19, and was supposed to have shipped out the box no later than 8/14 (48 hrs after receipt on 8/12). That leaves us two weeks out on this package. I have no idea why he returns here every day but suddenly doesn't take the time to post anything at all.

I have a reputation at work as a person with very little tolerance for mistakes or mediocrity. I've worked hard to correct that over time, but I still hold people to high standards. We've got 14 days of transit allowance, and no tracking number as a backup. We've also got a sudden stoppage of posts once he was on the receiving end of two games. That's three major red flags here, two of which are well within control of the offender (if you assume that the 14-day lapse is simply the fault of the mailman).

I call fucktard. If the packages don't arrive, post his name and address on the public forum.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I can certainly see where you are coming from Duty, and I'm with you. I am still waiting on my Fun and Games pack from Dias, he says he mailed it on the 21, so that means it has been in transit for about a week...something about that just doesn't smell right to me, even first class it should have arrived by now, not to mention the two weeks on the pass.

Maybe we should amend the rules of any future passes to include only those with positive trading feedback.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    He said he sent the pass out on the 21st as well Joe. I keep hoping but I'm losing hope. Yea he received on 3 different games a dissappeared on all 3 it seems. I guess we all lost out on this one. Damn, this pass was a really large one too. I'm sorry to everyone who stuck extra sticks in there for me.
    j0z3r:
    Maybe we should amend the rules of any future passes to include only those with positive trading feedback.
    This is officially a rule for this pass. Sorry RUSirius. Everyone else look at the list of people make sure everyone on there is a validated trader. The only person I'm not sure of is SacNick, has he participated in anything?
  • dep691dep691 Posts: 311
    Maddy i sent you a pm
    yeah, I don't have an ounce of doubt that rusirius is a stand-up fellow and will be a good trader, but I think it's a fair rule. Although these passes take time, and I believe we added a name or two of people who became a citizen in good standing after the pass began.
    Yea duty I'm with you on that ppl can be added as the pass goes around, if they meet the criteria.
    And I'll just throw this one out, if anyone wants to get their name added to the good traders list, I'm more than willing to make a trade with you and certify your stand-upness.
    j0z3r:
    And I'll just throw this one out, if anyone wants to get their name added to the good traders list, I'm more than willing to make a trade with you and certify your stand-upness.
    Leave it to Joe, to be classy in a time like this ...
  • rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:
    This is officially a rule for this pass. Sorry RUSirius. Everyone else look at the list of people make sure everyone on there is a validated trader. The only person I'm not sure of is SacNick, has he participated in anything?
    Well damn... leave it to one fucktard.... *sigh*

Alright j0z3r, watcha looking for?
    Again I apologize sirius we have no reason to doubt you but!
    rusirius:
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:

Send me a pm and we'll work something out. I figure just a five cigar grab bag ought to do the trick nothing real high end (and no grape phillies, got enough to last a lifetime), just to prove you're stand-up and all. Anyways, hit me with a pm and we'll go from there and get you your wings.

Joe
    madurofan:
    Again I apologize sirius we have no reason to doubt you but!

Nah, I completely understand Maddy... Your just looking out for the goods and I can't say I wouldn't do the same... Just sucks to get voted in and then out just because of the actions of an ass...

Why can't we all just be perfect like me huh?!?!? Smile [:)]
    j0z3r:
    rusirius:
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:

Send me a pm and we'll work something out. I figure just a five cigar grab bag ought to do the trick nothing real high end (and no grape phillies, got enough to last a lifetime), just to prove you're stand-up and all. Anyways, hit me with a pm and we'll go from there and get you your wings.

Joe
    PM Sent!
    rusirius:
    A perfect ass?
    madurofan:
    rusirius:
    A perfect ass?
    You noticed? Thanks, sometimes these pants make it look a little strange...
  • ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    I like this rule. I had an odd feeling about adding someone with no trading reputation when the pass was going around, but everyone seemed cool with it. Obviously we need to allow for new members to get that cred (MAW is perfect). I'm grateful that I was able to join in the games so quickly when I joined and would hate to exclude people, but barring a last minute comethrough this sucks.

I'm just kicking myself because I came very close to pulling Maddy's goodie bag out of the box and sending it directly to him because of its magnitude.
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    So, I need to build my cred. The only person I sent to was from a fun and games and it was, uh-oh, DiasFlak. I would say I hooked him up alright. In the meantime, I'll stay out of things like a pass...I've got something on the way to Joe and somebody else as soon as someone guesses three of my favorite movies.
    As far as the pass is concerned, you should be good to go once your package hits me, that will give you some good trader status to start with.

And about DiasFlak, I wonder if maybe we weren't a bit too quick to write him off. His post from General Discussion makes me wonder if maybe he was as clueless as to what was going on as the rest of us were.
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Ummm, cool. Do you like swisher sweets?

Giving my relative noob status and the fact that I'm not part of the pass, I won't weigh in on the DiasFlak "situation," other than to say that I think it makes sense for any of us FNGS to start off slow in terms of receiving/sending gars. My advice would be don't bite off more than you can chew. I've found you regulars are extremely generous and friendly, and you hate to see that spoiled by intended or unintended screw-ups.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    j0z3r:
    And about DiasFlak, I wonder if maybe we weren't a bit too quick to write him off. His post from General Discussion makes me wonder if maybe he was as clueless as to what was going on as the rest of us were.
    I totally agree joz3r. Much like smoking our fine cigars, we should all just relax and let things take their own time. (within reason of course)

I may be too easy going... but I sure don't like to call a person out until all other options / possibilities are exhausted.

I mean we have guys here named Shirley and others confessing to shoving trader cigars into various body openings ! Seems like a pretty easy goin' bunch of guys to me, which is why it is such a nice place to be, and only a complete idiot would F&%K with that!
    laker1963:
    j0z3r:
    I totally agree joz3r. Much like smoking our fine cigars, we should all just relax and let things take their own time. (within reason of course)

I may be too easy going... but I sure don't like to call a person out until all other options / possibilities are exhausted.

I mean we have guys here named Shirley and others confessing to shoving trader cigars into various body openings ! Seems like a pretty easy goin' bunch of guys to me, which is why it is such a nice place to be, and only a complete idiot would F&%K with that!
    I think the most upsetting part is the pass. The package went through many hands and was carried along faithfully the whole way with very few bumps, and then it grinds to a halt on the home stretch. Those of us who came along the way know maddy was getting quite the side pack built up as well, which is another part of it. I'm confident, though, that some sort of resolution will come of this.
    I am frequently accused of writing people off too quickly. Frankly, I have little patience or tolerance for someone when it comes to holding up their end of an agreement. I hold myself and others to a very high standard of respect. To allow something like a hold-up in this pass is, in my opinion, a self-centered example of pure arrogance. Look at the time we've spent talking about this, wondering about this, or in maddy's case, waiting for this. On one hand, I understand that you can be very busy. On the other hand, I consider your own schedule your responsibility. You don't bother us with your business, so don't let your business get in our way.

Most everybody on here has jobs. I've seen them post up about their crazy schedules. If you've got a moment to light up a single damn cigar, you've got the tme to get on-line and print yourself up a shipping slip, tape it to a box, and give it to the mailman. If you're above doing this yourself or ensuring it gets done on your behalf, you're probably too good for our games. Should maddy, laker, or jozer be funding your interest-free tobacco loan just because you suddenly find yourself out of town?
    j0z3r:
    laker1963:
    j0z3r:

I think the most upsetting part is the pass. The package went through many hands and was carried along faithfully the whole way with very few bumps, and then it grinds to a halt on the home stretch. Those of us who came along the way know maddy was getting quite the side pack built up as well, which is another part of it. I'm confident, though, that some sort of resolution will come of this.

Yup agree joz3r totally. My point was that I think most of us feel so lucky to have found a place with a group of people like here at C.com forums that to intentionally mess with it by trying to score some free cigars... well. Just seemed to me that in this case anyway, DiasFlak had spent some time and built somewhat of a rep. here and if he felt even half as fortunate as most to be able to participate with the fine folks here, then it didn't add up (to me) that he would do the "dine and dash" thing. That said, I would have trashed him here and hounded him at the address he provided me for a VERY LONG time, just for my own twisted satisfaction. Maddy being screwed (more then everyone else) was indeed unfortunate, and I don't mean to be a *** here but... those extra's really should have been sent separate from the pass. They were not part of the games, and the responsibility of them passing from one person to another was not fair for those who handled the pass until it reached Maddy IMO.
    I dunno, Laker.. I like the efficiency of the pass. Being early in the game, I have the opportunity to pass along a 1- or 2-stick bomb without paying to ship a separate package. I understand what you're saying about the added responsibility, though, but I also think it adds to the fun to see something as it's coming through, and to be "in on" the big surprise headed to somebody's door.
    dutyje:
    I am frequently accused of writing people off too quickly. Frankly, I have little patience or tolerance for someone when it comes to holding up their end of an agreement. I hold myself and others to a very high standard of respect. To allow something like a hold-up in this pass is, in my opinion, a self-centered example of pure arrogance. Look at the time we've spent talking about this, wondering about this, or in maddy's case, waiting for this. On one hand, I understand that you can be very busy. On the other hand, I consider your own schedule your responsibility. You don't bother us with your business, so don't let your business get in our way.

Most everybody on here has jobs. I've seen them post up about their crazy schedules. If you've got a moment to light up a single damn cigar, you've got the tme to get on-line and print yourself up a shipping slip, tape it to a box, and give it to the mailman. If you're above doing this yourself or ensuring it gets done on your behalf, you're probably too good for our games. Should maddy, laker, or jozer be funding your interest-free tobacco loan just because you suddenly find yourself out of town?

Hey duty, again I agree with you. While I have been trying to cut Dias some slack for his part in this, I am VERY MUCH like you in my expectations of myself first and others secondly.

There really are no good excuses. If you take on a committment, you found time for that... find time to follow thru. I hope I haven't given anyone here the impression that I don't take this lapse seriously and that I would treat any of my trades or passes with a casual attitude. Just want to see it come to a positive conclusion, without writing someone off too early.
    And it was pointed out in the initial outline of the game that "hitchhikers" would be allowed, so while perhaps not being a responsibility to each person to pass it along, it was something we all agreed to by participating.
    dutyje:
    I dunno, Laker.. I like the efficiency of the pass. Being early in the game, I have the opportunity to pass along a 1- or 2-stick bomb without paying to ship a separate package. I understand what you're saying about the added responsibility, though, but I also think it adds to the fun to see something as it's coming through, and to be "in on" the big surprise headed to somebody's door.

Perhaps I misunderstood. I assumed that one person just used the box to send along some extra sticks to Maddy and was just trying to avoid a few dollars shipping. Are you saying that as the pass went along a surprise bag was growing within the pass box for Maddy? Cause that I can see... and Maddy, I don't mind tellin' ya, I'm jealous. Lucky guy having surprise bombs from several sources like that. I do think it will eventually get to you tho Maddy. Didn't intend to jump to any conclusions Duty, I think I had the wrong impression of those extra sticks for Maddy.
  • ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    Laker, as the pass went, most of us added a stick or three to the bag for maddy, his reward for getting this thing going. I don't even remember what I tossed in there at this point, but I know there were some primo cigars in there.

And like j0z3r said, hitchikers were explicitly allowed. I received a nice package from bass8844 tucked inside the pass box.