Fun and Games

Comments

• Options
    good guess....but not yet...
  • Options
    i think no one wants to play...lol
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    I on't know much about the NYC so my guess is Edison , NJ? think that's a lot closer than I remember but hey I was 14 at the time fahgetaboutit
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    How about Ocean City NJ
  • Options
    close rob...ill let the nite pass..next clue tomorrow at 7am...my little dog wakes me up at 5am....ohh boy......lol
  • Options
    good morning to all....my little guy actually got me up at 436am......even earlier than i expected. ....anyways....clue #2 The vaca spot is in the garden state and is in contact with the atlantic ocean. sorry is this isnt too much of fun...this is my first contest......ill learn ....loll..........goodluck guessing stav-millennium115
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I live in the Deep South...I don't know a damn thing about any state that's above the Mason-Dixie line! ;)

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    Sea Isle City, NJ?
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    how about Strathmere Bay?
  • Options
    good guesses guys.....but not yet.....ill wait for about 5-6 more guesses , then the next clue.....good luck
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Cape May?
  • Options
    You got it buddy!!! My parents and my little sis are there as we speak.... nice job...... pm ur addy thanks all for playing
  • Options
    I just go millennium115's PM saying I won and man did that make my night. Give me a little while and I'll come up with something before the end of the night. (I hope)
  • Options
    This is for all you football fans. It's no surprise that I'm a huge Notre Dame fan given the name and picture. I've been to countless number of games in my life. One game that I had been to had something happen in the game that I don't believe has ever happened in modern college football or has happened since. I'll give two small hints right now to give you a start. It happened in a game against their biggest rival and it was in the 80s.
  • Options
    navy beat them....iwas at the game last year
  • Options
    my friends flew in from baltimore...and we drove to the game.. that was my first ever college football game....the university, the campus , the bookstore was unreal...it sucked cause navy won..i hope i wasnt bad luck for them..
  • Options
    Nope. ND beat them 44 (give or take) straight years but has lost to them 2 out of the past three years. Thanks for bringing that up. LOL. This happened in the 1980's and has nothing to do with winning or losing. It was very unique.
  • Options
    The Standford game runback with the band on the field?
  • Options
    Nope. That was Stanford versus Cal. This happened when ND played their biggest (football) rival.
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    undulac:
    This is for all you football fans. It's no surprise that I'm a huge Notre Dame fan given the name and picture. I've been to countless number of games in my life. One game that I had been to had something happen in the game that I don't believe has ever happened in modern college football or has happened since. I'll give two small hints right now to give you a start. It happened in a game against their biggest rival and it was in the 80s.
    i have no idea. Depends on who you ask really. A lot of ND fans will say USC, a lot say Miami (especially in the 80s), and a lot say Michigan.

I'd have to say 1985 vs USC though, and Gerry Faust having ND change jerseys to green jerseys at halftime? I'll be surprised if this is it. You would have only been 5. How the hell would you remember that? I can't remember anything before 10
  • Options
    cholmes8310:
    undulac:
    i have no idea. Depends on who you ask really. A lot of ND fans will say USC, a lot say Miami (especially in the 80s), and a lot say Michigan.

I'd have to say 1985 vs USC though, and Gerry Faust having ND change jerseys to green jerseys at halftime? I'll be surprised if this is it. You would have only been 5. How the hell would you remember that? I can't remember anything before 10
    I would hafta agree with Chase, kinda hard to recall recently anything major ND did that didn't result in a loss >.> anything major I can recall is around the 80's maybe early 90's but I would hafta research it
  • Options
    Hayblet:
    cholmes8310:
    undulac:

I would hafta agree with Chase, kinda hard to recall recently anything major ND did that didn't result in a loss >.> anything major I can recall is around the 80's maybe early 90's but I would hafta research it
    i originally thought 88 vs Michigan, where they failed to score an offensive TD but won, but I know that's happened a buncha times since then. I know Bama did it to UT twice this decade I believe. Then I reread where he said it had nothing to do with winning and losing, and this was all I could think of was the jersey change. UGA changed jerseys between warmups and kickoff against UF last year. from their red to black.
  • Options
    cholmes8310:
    undulac:

That was it! For being 5 I remember every second of it. Send me your info and I'll get something out to you soon. We just put the house up for sale and I have the auditors at work this week so cut me some slack if it takes a few days to put together. LOL.
  • Options
    no problem. No hurry on my end - I have to figure out somewhere to put em. Humi's are stuffed. Just let me know when you are able to ship them so I can keep an eye out. I sent you a pm.

I'll think up a good question and get it up here tonight.
  • Options
    Ok, sticking with the football theme, because Sept 2 cannot get here fast enough.

This, in my opinion, is the greatest single play in college football history. Hint #1 - it happened in the past 20 years. I'll give more hints as we go along.
  • Options
    Nov. 20, 1982: Completing a wacky 57-yard kickoff return that includes five laterals, Kevin Moen runs through Stanford band members who had prematurely come onto the field. His touchdown stands and California wins 25-20......i liked that play!!
  • Options
    millennium115:
    Nov. 20, 1982: Completing a wacky 57-yard kickoff return that includes five laterals, Kevin Moen runs through Stanford band members who had prematurely come onto the field. His touchdown stands and California wins 25-20......i liked that play!!
    No. Remember, it happened within the past twenty years.
  • Options
    ohhh..thats right......thanks brotha....lol
  • Options
    cholmes8310:
    Ok, sticking with the football theme, because Sept 2 cannot get here fast enough.

This, in my opinion, is the greatest single play in college football history. Hint #1 - it happened in the past 20 years. I'll give more hints as we go along.
    Hint# 2 - this play earned the player an espy.
  • Options
    The Hail Mary pass by Drew Brees? (least I think it's him that threw it)