Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Fun and Games

Comments

• Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Thewelder:
    For the Cubs game October 14th 2003 Steve Bartman catches "foul ball", oh and you said where so Wrigley Field.
    The cubs game was a historic game and it was @ wrigley. This is not the game. This was a historic game because of an individual record.
  • Options
    robbyras:
    Pats Raiders "Tuck Rule" Game, January 19, 2002 at Foxboro Stadium
    Not this game, but close. one of the pats games had similar weather conditions.
  • Options
    Fourtotheflush:
    Hayblet:
    BoSox vs Yankee's?
    Sadly no. But I am looking for a little more specific - like bosox yankees in the 03 playoffs when Grady didnt pull Pedro! That would be a winner, but i wasnt actually at that game. I watched it in a PA bar on a golfcourse.

So hint time.
    1, 2 or 3 is a pats game
    1 is a celts game
    1 is a U-mass game
    1, 2 or 3 is a Sox game.
    1 is a cubs game.

More hints tomorrow.

Ok, So memorable pats games, think playoffs, think qb controversy
    Celts - hmmm this is a tough one to give a hint, but Scal played most of the game.
    ---It wasnt a very important game, but it was fun and very memorable.

Sox - There are a bunch of them, think great pitching, great pitching duels.
    Umass - Do you know when I went there? Do you know of any exciting games while I was there?
    Cubs game, there is a hint above about individual records.

1st one, anyone wins
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    October 19, 2004 Schilling won Game 6 of the 2004 American League Championship Series - The Bloody Sock
  • Options
    robbyras:
    October 19, 2004 Schilling won Game 6 of the 2004 American League Championship Series - The Bloody Sock
    Not this game, but another stud sox pitcher.
  • Options
    JumperJumper Posts: 135
    Pedro v. Clemens '00
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Sammy So-so hitting his 500th HR as a Cubbie 4/4/03 but I think that was at Cinci not at home... Mark Prior's unbelievable .29 ERA after coming back from a bad injury from running into the 2nd baseman of the Braves? I would have guess the game where Manny intercepted the cutoff throw in such outrageous fashion but you might not have been there?
  • Options
    Hayblet:
    Sammy So-so hitting his 500th HR as a Cubbie 4/4/03 but I think that was at Cinci not at home... Mark Prior's unbelievable .29 ERA after coming back from a bad injury from running into the 2nd baseman of the Braves? I would have guess the game where Manny intercepted the cutoff throw in such outrageous fashion but you might not have been there?
    Very very close - it was a sammy sosa HR game. but not his 500th, definately a memorable record setting hr game though
  • Options
    Jumper:
    Pedro v. Clemens '00
    One of them is a pedro game, one of them is a clemens game. But not Pedro V. Clemens. This one is tough to give a hint to without giving it away.....
  • Options
    Keep guessing, not 24 hour rule. You can guess for each category every time until you get an answer. Example 1 pats guess, 1 cubs, 1 sox, 1 celts, 1 umasss..... more hints to follow.
  • Options
    8/10/02 Sosa has a 3 Homer gaming tying him with Johnny Mize for most 3 run home run games in a career? was Cubs vs Rockies
  • Options
    Hayblet:
    8/10/02 Sosa has a 3 Homer gaming tying him with Johnny Mize for most 3 run home run games in a career? was Cubs vs Rockies
    man o man you are getting close. I think the game in questino was in 1999, maybe 2000.... but you are on the right track w sosa & home runs.
  • Options
    Fourtotheflush:
    Fourtotheflush:
    Hayblet:
    BoSox vs Yankee's?
    Sadly no. But I am looking for a little more specific - like bosox yankees in the 03 playoffs when Grady didnt pull Pedro! That would be a winner, but i wasnt actually at that game. I watched it in a PA bar on a golfcourse.

So hint time.
    1, 2 or 3 is a pats game
    1 is a celts game
    1 is a U-mass game
    1, 2 or 3 is a Sox game.
    1 is a cubs game.

More hints tomorrow.

Ok, So memorable pats games, think playoffs, think qb controversy
    Celts - hmmm this is a tough one to give a hint, but Scal played most of the game.
    ---It wasnt a very important game, but it was fun and very memorable.

Sox - There are a bunch of them, think great pitching, great pitching duels.
    Umass - Do you know when I went there? Do you know of any exciting games while I was there?
    Cubs game, there is a hint above about individual records.

1st one, anyone wins

I think in the celts game Powe had a career high.
    The Umass game was an NCAA tourney game.
    Pats game was a playoff game in the snow - not the tuck rule...
    Pats also a game of a controversial player or a player that was moved controversially........
    Sox - clemens relatively early in his career Vs. his/their nemesis at the time.
    Cubs - Sammy Sosa HR record......Something special about his high HR years.

Keep guessing, unlimited guesses -

Next one even close gets some free cigars.

• Options
    I'm stuck man only thing 2000-ish is when he led the league with 50 homers (that I can think of at least)
  • Options
    Hayblet:
    I'm stuck man only thing 2000-ish is when he led the league with 50 homers (that I can think of at least)

yOU ARE CIRCLING IT.
  • Options
    September 16th 2000 The St. Louis Cardinals defeat the Chicago Cubs 7–6, the game Sosa hit his 50th in?
  • Options
    IT WAS 1999
  • Options
    Sept 18th, 1999 Sosa becomes the first player to hit 60 homers in a season, twice... off a Brew Crew pitcher?
  • Options
    This game will end tomorrow.
  • Options
    Hayblet:
    Sept 18th, 1999 Sosa becomes the first player to hit 60 homers in a season, twice... off a Brew Crew pitcher?

Phew, I thought I was going to have to sleep on this one! What a great game....
    The cubs were like 10 games out of 1st and I was there for the weekend. You would have thought they were about to win the world series, there was partying in the streets. I was there for this game and sosa hit the ball into the ivy. 60 hrs in back to back seasons. 1st person to ever do it. (then a few more roid freaks did it also).... couple folks went into the ivy for it and promptly got arrested.

I was in the bleacher and picked a peice of the ivy for a momento, it nearly got me thrown out! in the 1st inning..... securit guard told me to put it back, I said why. He said put it back or your outta here. I put it back then he told me.... if everyon picked a piece of ivy for a momento there wouldnt be any iver on top of the wall.... made sense.......Great game great weekend... PM me your addy and Ill get your sticks out......

• Options
    PM sent Sir! Will think up a question here soon-ish post tomorrow at the latest
  • Options
    So the other games.
    Pats V. colts 20-3 pats in the snow. game was awesome and it was cold, but the picturesque snow coming down during the game was great......
    Umass V. Kentuky in the sweet 16 in the Lenny Wertz T. game.... The game after that was Duke Kentucky in the great 8l... Yes the Grant Hill to Christian Laetner pass turn around shot to win it!

The Celts was the last regular season game in their last championship season.
    Not a great game, but a great time and all the bench players played the entire game and still blew out the rockets.....

The Sox.... There have been a bunch of them, but Clemens V. Stewart. 1990 Clemens pitched a 2-3 hitter and stewart had a no no going to the 8th when Marty Barrett broke it up.... ended up throwing a 1 hitter... awesome game, awesome time....

A few sox playoff games including that last game of last season where pap melted down....

Then I went to an angels game during the rally monkey year. also been to Tampa, Toronto, Montreal - when they had a team. The dodgers, Cincinatti, Cubs, philly o's and a few other teams away at these stadiums.....

• Options
    going to stick with the sports theme just need to think of something
  • Options
    ok since I can't think of anything sport related lets give an Anagram for someone famous ha!
    dechiper if you will these 3:
    Docile Farts
    Our Way Is Revenge
    Put On A Ravioli Act
    have fun!
  • Options
    wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    Fidel Castro
    Sigourney Weaver
    LUCIANO PAVAROTTI
  • Options
    maybe that wasn't as hard as I hoped lol shoot me a pm and assuming I don't have engine troubles I'll get something out tomorrow
  • Options
    An urn contains a # of colored balls, with equal numbers of each color. Adding twenty balls of a new color to the urn would not change the probablity of drawing 2 balls the same color.
    How many balls are in the urn? (Before the extra balls are added.)
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    wwestern:
    An urn contains a # of colored balls, with equal numbers of each color. Adding twenty balls of a new color to the urn would not change the probablity of drawing 2 balls the same color.
    How many balls are in the urn? (Before the extra balls are added.)
    And I know the answer to this! Its funny cause this was asked at another site I'm part of just last month. I wasnt the one who got the answer correct, but I know it, but I wont say.
  • Options
    go for it if you know it brother.
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    wwestern:
    go for it if you know it brother.
    190. Again I have no idea how they got the answer, hell I dont even know if its correct...but this was the answer he posted at another forum I'm part of.