Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Fun and Games

Comments

• Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    Hayblet:
    The Hail Mary pass by Drew Brees? (least I think it's him that threw it)
    no. sorry. (especially if you're talking about the Doug Flutie Miracle in Miami pass in like 1984) I don't remember a hail mary by Brees.
  • Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    I see you guys are making this tough =p.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    There are a couple I can think of. I would have to go with Vince Young's 2006 Rose Bowl game. Still remember that game as I made $3700 on it!

Facing 4th down and 5 yards to go from the 9-yard line, Young received the shotgun snap and found his receivers covered. Young then bolted towards the right sideline and received a critical block from Justin Blalock as he won the footrace to the end zone to give the Longhorns a one point lead with 19 seconds left.

Yes, football cannot come any sooner bro! I already placed my futures on Iowa to win the BCS at +2000, and the Big Ten at +380
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    cholmes8310:
    Hayblet:
    The Hail Mary pass by Drew Brees? (least I think it's him that threw it)
    no. sorry. (especially if you're talking about the Doug Flutie Miracle in Miami pass in like 1984) I don't remember a hail mary by Brees.
    Yeah it was Flutie I was kinda sunbaked...
  • Options
    zeebra:
    There are a couple I can think of. I would have to go with Vince Young's 2006 Rose Bowl game. Still remember that game as I made $3700 on it!

Facing 4th down and 5 yards to go from the 9-yard line, Young received the shotgun snap and found his receivers covered. Young then bolted towards the right sideline and received a critical block from Justin Blalock as he won the footrace to the end zone to give the Longhorns a one point lead with 19 seconds left.

Yes, football cannot come any sooner bro! I already placed my futures on Iowa to win the BCS at +2000, and the Big Ten at +380
    was a bad@ss play I had thought Texas was gonna lose that one.
  • Options
    Hayblet:
    zeebra:

that play didn't win as espy though... *hint hint*. That narrows it dramatically.
  • Options
    Hayblet:
    zeebra:

I had faith in VY, but was just hoping that the TX D would step up and get a stop, and they finally did to give TX a chance. Great game!
  • Options
    cholmes8310:
    Hayblet:
    zeebra:

that play didn't win as espy though... *hint hint*. That narrows it dramatically.
    Hint# 2 - this play earned the player an espy.

I thought ^ was that the player won the espy, not the play. Then I know which one.
  • Options
    zeebra:
    cholmes8310:
    Hayblet:
    zeebra:

I thought ^ was that the player won the espy, not the play. Then I know which one.
    No, to clarify. The question is about the greatest play, in my opinion. The PLAY earned an espy for the player. That really should give it away. I make these too easy for y'all.
  • Options
    cholmes8310:
    zeebra:
    cholmes8310:
    Hayblet:
    zeebra:

No, to clarify. The question is about the greatest play, in my opinion. The PLAY earned an espy for the player. That really should give it away. I make these too easy for y'all.
    Ya..I know it. When can I guess?, I mean tell you the winner.
  • Options
    zeebra:
    cholmes8310:
    zeebra:
    cholmes8310:
    Hayblet:
    zeebra:

now if ya know it. I didn't set any rules about how often guesses could be made.
  • Options
    cholmes8310:
    zeebra:
    cholmes8310:
    zeebra:
    cholmes8310:
    Hayblet:
    zeebra:

now if ya know it. I didn't set any rules about how often guesses could be made.
    I'll go with the Bush Push then. If that is not correct, I wont guess anymore since ya let me guess again.
  • Options
    zeebra:
    cholmes8310:
    zeebra:
    cholmes8310:
    zeebra:
    cholmes8310:
    Hayblet:
    zeebra:

I'll go with the Bush Push then. If that is not correct, I wont guess anymore since ya let me guess again.
    no. That didn't win an espy for best play. And that was TERRIBLE. That goal should have been overturned and USC should have lost. I hate the Trojans.

Hint #3 - it involved my favorite team. A quick search of the forums here should make that eary to figure out. Or i'm sure Alex knows...
  • Options
    Yea, I hate the Trojans as well, and yea that should have not been a TD.

ok, I'm done guessing.
  • Options
    Bama winning the National Title while suck@ss Tebow cried on the sidelines? IMO watching him cry was the best play ever.
  • Options
    Hayblet:
    Bama winning the National Title while suck@ss Tebow cried on the sidelines? IMO watching him cry was the best play ever.
    That was classic. But no... I'm gonna have to spell this out to y'all in a minute, haha. It won an ESPY for best play. While that moment was a classic, and is on my youtube favorites, that didn't win an ESPY.

• Options
    cholmes8310:
    cholmes8310:
    Ok, sticking with the football theme, because Sept 2 cannot get here fast enough.

This, in my opinion, is the greatest single play in college football history. Hint #1 - it happened in the past 20 years. I'll give more hints as we go along.
    Hint# 2 - this play earned the player an ESPY (won the Espy best play award to clarify)
    Hint #3 - involved a player on my favorite team.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    cholmes8310:
    cholmes8310:
    cholmes8310:
    Ok, sticking with the football theme, because Sept 2 cannot get here fast enough.

This, in my opinion, is the greatest single play in college football history. Hint #1 - it happened in the past 20 years. I'll give more hints as we go along.
    Hint# 2 - this play earned the player an ESPY (won the Espy best play award to clarify)
    Is it fair that I know this play? Where are all the bama fans? Prothro makes awesome TD catch around some kids head V. S. Miss.
  • Options
    Fourtotheflush:
    cholmes8310:
    cholmes8310:
    cholmes8310:

Is it fair that I know this play? Where are all the bama fans? Prothro makes awesome TD catch around some kids head V. S. Miss.
    ding ding ding... we have a winner! 2005 Espy Play of the Year. Amazing catch. And here is a link to the video just in case anyone hasn't seen it. It was ruled a catch, but not a TD, as his knee touched. But the catch was amazing.

Sadly, two games later he broke his leg on his second TD catch in a 31-3 stomping of Florida in the Swamp and never was able to recover enough to play again. This is just bad...
  • Options
    Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    cholmes8310:
    that was so sad. seriously. he shouldnt have even been in the game or let alone being thrown to! werent yall up by like thirty points?? sad day in football
  • Options
    Alex Williams:
    cholmes8310:
    that was so sad. seriously. he shouldnt have even been in the game or let alone being thrown to! werent yall up by like thirty points?? sad day in football
    according to an interview I saw with Prothro, he wasn't the intended receiver. He was the third receiver, but he blew past his receiver and was wide open, so Croyle let it fly. No excuse, but he really shouldn't have been playing at all from what I heard. Rumor was that he may have fractured that ankle early in the game on a punt return where he cut too hard. That's what I've heard/read, take it with a grain of salt. All I know is he was explosive, and I hate it hit career was cut so short. He would've been one of the great ones I truly believe, especially for his size.
  • Options
    ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    Hayblet:
    Hayblet check my avatar. Had it up since December and have no intentions of taking it down.
  • Options

Cholmes dropped off my winnings this AM w 6 great stix! A couple old favorites and a few new ones Ive been wanting to try.

Centurian
    JDN - something - confirmed Fuerte
    Cao Italia
    Relic
    Shorty
    LHC Oscuro Solomon

Kaboom - blew the doors of it.

• Options
    Fourtotheflush:

Cholmes dropped off my winnings this AM w 6 great stix! A couple old favorites and a few new ones Ive been wanting to try.

Centurian
    Cao Italia
    Relic
    Shorty
    LHC Oscuro Solomon

Im still working on my question, I am sticking with the football theme, but cannot find the actual answer to my question.
  • Options
    Fourtotheflush:
    Fourtotheflush:

Centurian
    Cao Italia
    Relic
    Shorty
    LHC Oscuro Solomon

Im still working on my question, I am sticking with the football theme, but cannot find the actual answer to my question.

So I cannot find the answer to the question I want to ask so I will ask this one instead.

I love going to sporting events.
    I have been to a few fun events some bigger than others.
    I have been to 3-4 sporting events (games) that I consider to be my favorite games I have been to. The first one to name the game (Base Team and event work). Example Pats 2001 superbowl would work.....It is not that game,

• Options
    Fourtotheflush:
    Fourtotheflush:
    Fourtotheflush:

Centurian
    Cao Italia
    Relic
    Shorty
    LHC Oscuro Solomon

So I cannot find the answer to the question I want to ask so I will ask this one instead.

I love going to sporting events.
    I have been to a few fun events some bigger than others.
    I have been to 3-4 sporting events (games) that I consider to be my favorite games I have been to. The first one to name one of the games (Base Team and event work). Example Pats 2001 superbowl would work.....It is not that game,

• Options
    BoSox vs Yankee's?
  • Options
    Hayblet:
    BoSox vs Yankee's?
    Sadly no. But I am looking for a little more specific - like bosox yankees in the 03 playoffs when Grady didnt pull Pedro! That would be a winner, but i wasnt actually at that game. I watched it in a PA bar on a golfcourse.

So hint time.
    1, 2 or 3 is a pats game
    1 is a celts game
    1 is a U-mass game
    1 is a Sox game.
    1 is a cubs game.

More hints tomorrow.

• Options
    ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    For the Cubs game October 14th 2003 Steve Bartman catches "foul ball", oh and you said where so Wrigley Field.
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    Pats Raiders "Tuck Rule" Game, January 19, 2002 at Foxboro Stadium