Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Fun and Games

Comments

• Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Renaissance_Man:
    laker1963:
    Also, I figure that we are even again now ;)
    Even?!? You are wrong. You are still Canadian. No way close to even ;)! hahha... sorry... I had to allude to this again - it seems to be Canadian themed day today...
    Well I know that Canadians aren't actually EVEN.

I was just trying to make you feel better about your shortcomings. Keep trying and one day... ;)~
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Alright, break it up boys. Here are a few more clues. The make was guessed previously but is not the current guess, you are dancing around the correct size but haven't hit the mark yet, red is not the traditional color of this manufacturer (this truly only rules out 1 company) and this particular model had dual rear shocks, not the typical monoshock suspension you see these days.

I have a couple more clues but I can't blow them all in one post, so you all better start taking some Google Fu lessons.
  • Options
    rdnstn:
    Alright, break it up boys. Here are a few more clues. The make was guessed previously but is not the current guess, you are dancing around the correct size but haven't hit the mark yet, red is not the traditional color of this manufacturer (this truly only rules out 1 company) and this particular model had dual rear shocks, not the typical monoshock suspension you see these days.

I have a couple more clues but I can't blow them all in one post, so you all better start taking some Google Fu lessons.
    OK since nobody (except rennie,,, and he doesn't count) is guessing I will go ahead here. If I am disqualified oh well, this is personal now, LOL.

I will guess Yamaha MX 175 and the year (that's a tuff one) as '83
  • Options
    Make, Model, Year.....Nope, nope, and nope.
  • Options
    Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    laker1963:
    rdnstn:

OK since nobody (except rennie,,, and he doesn't count) is guessing I will go ahead here. If I am disqualified oh well, this is personal now, LOL.

Buddy! I aint gonna let you die alone! If WE are going to get disqualified then let it be! Its been only Bulgaria and Canada guessing anyway... So ima hit it too! And I think I might be getting closer... This is it! If I win I will split my prize with Laker (if he pays for shipping ;))!

1979 Kawasaki KX80 in surprisingly RED color... motocross... how's that for a slice of fried gold?
  • Options
    Renaissance_Man:
    laker1963:
    rdnstn:

Buddy! I aint gonna let you die alone! If WE are going to get disqualified then let it be! Its been only Bulgaria and Canada guessing anyway... So ima hit it too! And I think I might be getting closer... This is it! If I win I will split my prize with Laker (if he pays for shipping ;))!

1979 Kawasaki KX80 in surprisingly RED color... motocross... how's that for a slice of fried gold?
    Eww. Didn't Ron say it was street legal?

I'll pay shipping for a split if you will do the same when I win :)
  • Options
    Agreed on the split! Hahaah. Or we can just ask Ron to mail us individual packages ;)!
  • Options
    Renaissance_Man:
    Agreed on the split! Hahaah. Or we can just ask Ron to mail us individual packages ;)!

By now Ron is probably wishing he hadn't even started this, LMAO.

Now he has two misfits who have broken every rule there is regarding these games and without even providing the proper answer, we are talking about a prize split and how to get it sent.
    LMAO... maybe we should back up a bit and actually come up with the correct answer? Just a thought :)
  • Options
    Alright, you too. You're not getting off that easy. Maybe I need to slow down on the clues. You all want to be like that and I'll make you earn it. I'll drag out the clues until I get an exact answer and remember the longer this goes and the narrower the selection criteria get, the easier it is for a sniper to come in and grab the sticks.
  • Options
    So I guess we did not guess it :)... Well it must be a 1980 Honda CRF Dual-Sport 175cc Street Legal in gleaming RED color... Send us the sticks already?

And btw Laker - I think the right answer can be anything we want ;)! After all its the two of us against, Ron! We just need to agree on an answer and there you go - that's Ron's bike. I mean (for anybody else that reads this thread) - who are you going to believe? Some dubious US Army Medic (who has heard of medics anyway?!?!) or two honest people from the best countries in the world - Canada and Bulgaria (shortened - Canaria)? Its obvious Ron is cheating us here! We guessed the right answer long time ago... jk btw...
  • Options
    Renaissance_Man:
    So I guess we did not guess it :)... Well it must be a 1980 Honda CRF Dual-Sport 175cc Street Legal in gleaming RED color... Send us the sticks already?

And btw Laker - I think the right answer can be anything we want ;)! After all its the two of us against, Ron! We just need to agree on an answer and there you go - that's Ron's bike. I mean (for anybody else that reads this thread) - who are you going to believe? Some dubious US Army Medic (who has heard of medics anyway?!?!) or two honest people from the best countries in the world - Canada and Bulgaria (shortened - Canaria)? Its obvious Ron is cheating us here! We guessed the right answer long time ago... jk btw...
    Hey great little speech there Rennie.

Ron I believe you have my address. ROFLMAO
  • Options
    If you 2 don't stop acting up and getting lippy, I might start posting the clues, 1 word at a time instead of a clue at a time, but since I am a nice guy here are some more.

This particular model line was made from 1976-2001. The manufacturer does not make cars, musical instrumentsor lawn mowers (although I do think they make hedge trimmers now). The line also had a 125cc, a 175cc and a 250cc version but mine was the smallest of the line so obviously less than 125cc.

and BTW Rennie, it might help to read the clues. I said that Red was not the traditional color of bikes for this company (thus ruling out Hionda). LOL
  • Options
    OK this time I must have at least SOME of it right. I'll guess...

Kawasaki 100 G 7 100

Yeah baby, Rennie get your postage ready, LOL.
  • Options
    Ima post my guess tomorrow :).. Intent on nailing it!
  • Options
    Renaissance_Man:
    We'll see
  • Options
    rdnstn:
    Renaissance_Man:
    We'll see
    POW! I have it!

1977 Kawasaki KE100 in RED (the fuel tank was red)

So are we doing this in one package or two ;)?

here is more info for bonus points:
    # Engine No.: G5E105501-
    # Frame No.: G5-105501-
    # Parts Catalog No.:99997-651-535
    * General Export: 99997-651-54S
    # Owner's Manual No.: 99997-892-00
    # Shop Manual No.: 99997-748-00
    # Major Changes: Color. Tandem footpegs added. Bleed valve added to oil pump. Rotary disc material changed to steel.
  • Options
    Renaissance_Man:
    POW! I have it!

1977 Kawasaki KE100 in RED (the fuel tank was red)
    Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner!Although no bonus is to be awarded. It was a 1982 and the fenders were red as well.

I must say it is about time though. PM me your info Rennie and I will get a package in the mail to you.

BTW, here is a pic if you were wondering what it looked like. This wasn't mine but it looked exactly the same except mine was a 100 not a 175.
  • Options
    Awesome! I'm stoked! LOL... this was fun... PM'ed you... Will post my question up tonight probably... Nice ride btw... I wasn't even born then ;) Oldie! Cheers!
  • Options
    I was 14, maybe 15 when I got the bike but it was cool for getting around town. I used to ride it in the mountains and back and forth to school. It was great for around town. One of my best memories with the bike was when I was leaving school one day and a couple of the football players started kind of laughing but they shut up quickly when I rode a wheelie out of the parking lot at 30mph. LOL
  • Options
    Ok... I am getting some nice *** in the mail so this prize is going to be good :)... So is the question! Now since Ron started talking about childhood I decided to ask a question from my own. Some of you (if not all) know I am a foreigner - from Bulgaria. I have been here for 5 years now and before that never lived in an English speaking country (i must say I am pretty decent at English ;)). So... I started learning English at a veery young age. But even before I started learning the language - I started transliterating songs from it and singing them! I am an avid fan of singing (and I play the guitar) and from an early age started singing English songs.. Now I vividly remember the first song I completely learnt in English (with proper pronunciation) without knowing at all what it meant until many years later (when I knew English). This song will always have a place in my heart and I will always remember listening to the tape over and over again, recording syllables to sing later...

So the questions is - what is this song? What is the first English language song I ever sang? I need the artist's name and the song name.

The first hint would be that the song is a cover and is in a movie from the early 90s...
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    99 Red Balloons
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Where oh where can my baby be.....Pearl Jam (at least with the cover)
  • Options
    Good guesses, but no... Ok - next hint:

The movie the song is from was nominated for Academy Awards, but didn't win any. The song however became really popular and won several awards and was certified for good sales. The song is a ballad. Once again - the movie is from the early 90s...
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    (Everything I Do) I Do It for You by Bryan Adams, from Robin Hood Prince of Thieves.
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    (Everything I Do) I Do It for You by Bryan Adams, from Robin Hood Prince of Thieves.
    Very good guess! This was however the SECOND English song I ever sang... So - no...
  • Options
    Theory of a Deadman's...Make up your Mind from, The Paper
  • Options
    Nope... Ok... I will give you a big hint - the singer was actually a woman... (I had a high falsetto voice and could sing female songs rather well :)...
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Annie Lennox - Walking on broken glass
  • Options
    Run to You.....Whitney Houston....for, The Bodyguard.
  • Options
    You guys are getting closer with your guesses. So the song is actually a remake of a Dolly Parton song...