Home Non Cigar Related

World Cup 2010 - http://espn.go.com/espn3/

Comments

• Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wednesdays matchups I have England tie 1-1 US 2-1 Australia 1-0 and Germany 3-1. Let's go US.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Pacman84:
    Wednesdays matchups I have England tie 1-1 US 2-1 Australia 1-0 and Germany 3-1. Let's go US.
    nice thats almost exactly what i was gunna predict.

england to tie
    us by 1
    Germany by 3
    the only difference with our predictions is i have serbia by 1
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    is there a conspiracy against the US? Dempsey wasnt offsides...
    They don't want us over there but they can suck it lol
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LANDON DONOVAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT A GOAL
  • Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! Donovan!!! Yes!!!! USA to Round of 16th!!! AWESOMEE!
    I literally just jizzed when Donovan scored!
    sorry guys I got excited... what a match this has been.. now we won the group
    As did I Stan, and I'm pretty sure the people in my apt building hate me now cuz of all the commotion I made lol
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    what a game... been watching as many games as possible, but I haven't posted...

That game... wow... i literally had tears in my eyes when Donavon scored... they played so hard, but it just felt like it wasn't gonna happen... 91st minute, star of the team, MUST score situation... just unreal...
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    oh... and the Algerian's play some dirty soccer... Dempsey getting punched in the mouth was just ridiculous
    robbyras:
    oh... and the Algerian's play some dirty soccer... Dempsey getting punched in the mouth was just ridiculous
    True that! It was ridiculous the referee did nothing... But hey - the US had a damn legit goal denied so maybe its a conspiracy!
    Today was a good day for the Americans. We needed that win and we got it.
    Thursdays matchups New Zealand tie Italy 2-1 Netherlands 2-0 Denmark 1-0.
    Renaissance_Man:
    robbyras:
    True that! It was ridiculous the referee did nothing... But hey - the US had a damn legit goal denied so maybe its a conspiracy!
    second one for them too. they had 2 games where this happened
    I really under estimated Slovakia and Japan today.
    Pacman84:
    I really under estimated Slovakia and Japan today.
    +1 theyre playing really well
  • bigbgballzbigbgballz Posts: 283
    Now its getting real interesting, cant wait for the next round to begin!
    Fridays matchups I have North Korea 2-1 Brazil 2-1 Spain 2-0 Switzerland tie.
    Ivory coast by 1
    Brazil by 1 (this is gunna be a great game)
    switzlerland by 1
    Chile by 1
    Some good games today but the must see is gonna be Brazil vs Portugal.
    Pacman84:
    Yeah, second that. With all the surprises from big teams this year, I wonder what will happen in this game. I feel like I'm kind of more for Portugal though... Even though C. Ronaldo's "sissiness" pisses me off sometimes...
    Renaissance_Man:
    Pacman84:
    Yeah, second that. With all the surprises from big teams this year, I wonder what will happen in this game. I feel like I'm kind of more for Portugal though... Even though C. Ronaldo's "sissiness" pisses me off sometimes...
    not just ronaldos... the entire portugal team is a bunch of whiners. they need to shut up, quit diving, and play some ball.
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    kuzi16:
    Renaissance_Man:
    Pacman84:
    not just ronaldos... the entire portugal team is a bunch of whiners. they need to shut up, quit diving, and play some ball.
    At least the ref seems to be policing that pretty well. The diving I've seen in the Cup so far is ridiculous.
    Damn! Korea got theirs handed to today. I actually thought they would do good.
    Spain Tie, Swiss win and Chille and Swiss go, another favourite goes home!
    Dumb move by the Chilean goalie. He came out too far but great shot by Villa.
    Pacman84:
    Dumb move by the Chilean goalie. He came out too far but great shot by Villa.
    Indeed, the defender was going to handle the situation well, oops 2:0 , chille plays pretty soccer though. And a red card now!
    I want to see Spain continue - I have hopes they might pull it together for the rest of the competition...
    It looks like they are, now i wanna see Chile with Spain go next round.