Home Non Cigar Related
Options

World Cup 2010 - http://espn.go.com/espn3/

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    ive got US by 1
    Uruguay by 1

south korea has been playing some good soccer but i still think Uruguay is gunna edge em out.
  • Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have US 1-0. Uruguay has surprised me in this world cup they are still undefeated.
  • Options
    Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    wow... very very disappointed at USA... angered actually... to the point that I can agree - they are not ready for this yet. if you loose to Ghana like that then idk wtf u r doing in world cup 2010... A goal in 5th minute again? WTF?!
  • Options
    Ghana didn't waste any time taking it to the US. They played really well. Poor defense by the US and now they are coming back home.
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Renaissance_Man:
    wow... very very disappointed at USA... angered actually... to the point that I can agree - they are not ready for this yet. if you loose to Ghana like that then idk wtf u r doing in world cup 2010... A goal in 5th minute again? WTF?!
    You can lay that, and a bunch of other stuff, squarely at the feet of Bob Bradley. I think we should re-name this thread the "Bob Bradley's head on a stick!" thread...
  • Options
    bigbgballzbigbgballz Posts: 283
    Lets not forget that Ghana U-21 are world champions,they are definately a tuff team and USA were not too concentrated at times infront of goal and in D,i thought it will go to penalty shootout and USA win but unfortunately did not happen.USA is a very good team nontheless!
  • Options
    Tommorow expect Germany and Arjentina to move on,should be nice games!
  • Options
    Sundays matchups I have Germany 2-1 and Argentina 2-1 as well.
  • Options
    What a performance from the Germans,they look solid,it should be a great match up against Argentina if they qualify!
  • Options
    Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    bigbgballz:
    What a performance from the Germans,they look solid,it should be a great match up against Argentina if they qualify!
    Yeah - awesome stuff!
  • Options
    Yeah I agree watchout for the Germans they are playing very well. Looks like Mexico is going home today.
  • Options
    Tommorow Netherlands by 2 and Brazil by 2 although i want the underdogs to win!
  • Options
    Modays matchups I have Slovakia 2-1 and Brazil 2-1.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    So far 0-0, but it has been all Chile. Brazil has a free kick right now.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555

2-0 Brazil
    Halftime.
    Chile has still posessed the ball most of the game and had more attack chances, but brazil has had about 3-4 chances and made 2 count.

• Options
    Brazil is just too damn good. I have them going to the final against Germany or Spain.
  • Options
    Pacman84:
    Brazil is just too damn good. I have them going to the final against Germany or Spain.
    that is if germany can beat argentina ....
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    kuzi16:
    Pacman84:
    that is if germany can beat argentina ....
    +1 thats gonna be a great game
  • Options
    Tuesdays matchups I have Paraguay 2-1 Spain 2-1. Can't wait for the Spain and Portugal game it's gonna be good.
  • Options
    Tommorow, i got Portugal and Spain go to penalty shootout and Paraguay! Brazil is good but they really havent played against a powerhouse yet,I dont count Portugal as a power house but they are veey good nontheless!
  • Options
    as much as i dislike portugal....
    Portugal by 2
    ... no overtime.

Paraguay by 1

japan has been playing well, but i still dont think they can win this one.
  • Options
    about 5 min till the end of regulation in the japan/paraguay game....
    the Japanese defenders are playing an outstanding game. this is looking more and more like its gunna go to double OT and maybe even PKs. that would be great to watch. i gotta root for Japan here.... the defense is just outstanding. it reminds me of teams i used to play for... low scores but its always about the D

offense wins the game
    defense wins the tournament.

• Options
    kuzi16:
    about 5 min till the end of regulation in the japan/paraguay game....
    the Japanese defenders are playing an outstanding game. this is looking more and more like its gunna go to double OT and maybe even PKs. that would be great to watch. i gotta root for Japan here.... the defense is just outstanding. it reminds me of teams i used to play for... low scores but its always about the D

offense wins the game
    defense wins the tournament.

good saying,i have it little bit different thogh, offense sells tickets,D wins games! PSO i hope!
  • Options
    holy crap!! PKs!!

first time of the tournament.

gunna need a cigar to settle down after this.
    one of the best games of the cup so far (rivaled only by the US final group match)
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    Paraguay by 1

japan has been playing well, but i still dont think they can win this one.
    paraguay by one.

next game
  • Options
    Games are only gettin better, thats good.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    as much as i dislike portugal....
    Portugal by 2
    ... no overtime.

i guess this is a win win for me. i lost the prediction, but my least favorite team is out of it.

• Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow. I can't believe I have missed this thread completely. I have watched every game so far..... don't know how I ever lived without DVR.

The teams that have impressed me so far are Germany, Brasil, and Spain. Of course you can always expect these teams to be right in the mix, but there are certain changes in this WC that have impressed me.

Germany has certainly been the most impressive with their chemistry. Not too difficult since half of them play together for Bayern Munich. Their timing has been impeccable and their technique has been absolutely sound. These guys can span the entire field from goal to goal with 3 passes in 8 seconds.

Brasil has demonstrated early that they can play disciplined for a change. Although they've received much criticism by their citizens for putting the Brasilian flare aside and just getting down to business, they Brasilian flare didn't fare too well in 2006. I'm enjoying seeing them score goals for a change. Robinho and Dani Alvez have put just enough pizzazz into their dribbling to keep is oooing. The defensive backs played an inspired game in the last game vs Chile making some incredible runs into the offensive zones. They need to be careful with this because teams like Germany will make them pay for leaving their keeper.

Spain I think has one of the best chances to win this cup but their gonna need Fernando Torres to show up for a game. Or just start someone else. About the only thing he's done effectively so far is divert just enough attention from David Villa for him to find space to score some fantastic goals. Aside from Torres, the rest of the team has played solid.
  • Options
    I am sooo glad that Portugal lost. Did anyone read about how Ronaldo spit at a camera after the game? What a sore loser I really can't stand that guy. Very disrespectful and no class what so ever. Good thing he's on his way back home.
  • Options
    Pacman84:
    I am sooo glad that Portugal lost. Did anyone read about how Ronaldo spit at a camera after the game? What a sore loser I really can't stand that guy. Very disrespectful and no class what so ever. Good thing he's on his way back home.
    thats why im glad they are out.