Home Non Cigar Related
Options

World Cup 2010 - http://espn.go.com/espn3/

Comments

• Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    Pacman84:
    I am sooo glad that Portugal lost. Did anyone read about how Ronaldo spit at a camera after the game? What a sore loser I really can't stand that guy. Very disrespectful and no class what so ever. Good thing he's on his way back home.
    thats why im glad they are out.

I watched the game last night after I got off work and as far as Ronaldo spitting at the camera, he was spitting more at the camera guy and not the camera. They guy had the camera right up in his face. I'd have spit at him too. If you go back and watch it, you'll see what I'm talking about and you'll all see the camera guy back up afterward.

I enjoyed the game tremendously. I would have liked to see Ronaldo get a little more envolved but the Spanish midfielders pretty much eliminated him from the game.

And how about David Villa? Man is that guy a superstar or what! He was at the end of a magnificent goal but the whole Spanish team is really to credit. They all seemingly stepped up their game for about 8 minutes straight around the 60th minute and simply willed the ball into the goal.
  • Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spitting at someone for whatever reason is the most classless thing to do imo. I think he should have handled it better. Yes David Villa is a beast! He's right up there with Haguian (Argentina) for most goals. That's why they pay him the big bucks lol.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Brazil by one
    Uruguay by 2
    no OT today.
  • Options
    The five time world champs are out of the tournament. Props for the Netherlands they are playing awesome. I'm cheering for Ghana 2-1.
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Wow, painful loss for Ghana. Some exciting penalty kicks there.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    Brazil by one
    Uruguay by 2
    no OT today.
    looks like i was way off....

my pick to with the entire thing?

whoever wins the Germany vs Argentina game tomorrow.

that one is way to close to call.

but ill try anyway...
    rest of the tournament

Argentina Vs Germany: germany by 1
    Paraguay Vs Spain: Spain by 1
    Uruguay Vs Netherlands: Netherlands by 2
    Germany Vs Spain: Germany by 1
    Uruguay Vs Spain: Spain by 2

Final:
    Germany VS Netherlands: Germany by 2

of course this is all messed up if Argentina wins tomorrow, and that isnt all that far fetched. they have not looked this good since Maradona was playing.
  • Options
    bigbgballzbigbgballz Posts: 283
    Its either Germany or Netherlands win all, I dont think Argentina can make it but who knows, that is why its so interesting! If Argentina wins tommorow they will look pretty strong.
  • Options
    The Germans are taking it all the way. Very impressive win today over Argentina I thought it would be a close game.
  • Options
    Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    Germany - Netherlands on the final and Germany finally wins world cup! :)
  • Options
    The Spain and Paraguay game just got interesting. Three penalty kick chances missed by both teams.
  • Options
    Finally Spain 1-0. David Villa with the goal. Duh lol
  • Options
    Yeah Germany looks really good, they are playing good teams in the playoffs and look really strong ,organized and tacticly disciplined!
  • Options
    that was one heck of a game.

i didnt think that they would win by THAT much. impressive bit of defense the germans had.

• Options
    Netherlands 2-1 Uruguay, should be a great game!
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    so pumped for the game tomorrow! I'm gonna say Netherlands will win 3-2, hopefully lots of goals!!
  • Options
    Yeah me too. I have the Netherlands 2-1.
  • Options
    Pacman84:
    Yeah me too. I have the Netherlands 2-1.
    copycat! jk :)
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    illinoisgolf99:
    so pumped for the game tomorrow! I'm gonna say Netherlands will win 3-2, hopefully lots of goals!!
    what a great game, doesnt hurt that my prediction was right :) lol
  • Options
    Lol. Good one bro. Germany and Spain is gonna be even better than today's game. I have Germany 3-1. What are your predictions?
  • Options
    I think It will be a tie 1:1 and then Germany will win it, so far they have been playimg the best soccer imo!
  • Options
    Pacman84:
    Lol. Good one bro. Germany and Spain is gonna be even better than today's game. I have Germany 3-1. What are your predictions?
    on the previous page i posted my predictions for the remainder of the tournament. i got the winner of today's game but not the score.
    i have Germany to win it by only 1.
  • Options
    eh...the germany that has been playing in the entire tournament just didnt show up.
  • Options
    Nope they did not, Spain had good D plus good control of ball that did not let Germany play with it easy!
  • Options
    Didn't watch the game because of work. Spain vs Netherlands will be a good final to watch. We all thought Germany was gonna play Uruguay but we'll have to watch them play Uruguay another good match up to watch.
  • Options
    Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    I was thoroughly disappointed at Germany... After all the great football till now - they just sucked this game...
  • Options
    Uruguay and Germany game looking pretty good. I have Germany going out 3-2.
  • Options
    It was a very nice game given that its for 3rd and 4th place,it was going to be nice if Forlan scored the goal at the end so he can get the goalscorer price as i really like that player but oh well,tommorow is the big game, i got the dutch winning it all, in over time or penalty shootout!
  • Options
    That last shot by Forlan was good I would have liked to see it go in for them to keep on playing. Good game by both teams. As for tomorrow I have Spain winning it all 2-1. David Villa is beast lol.
  • Options
    David Villa is very good always liked him, we will see how he performs in Barcelona as well,do you guys follow any of the leagues as well,champions league,english,spanish,italian,german or any?
  • Options
    Yeah when I get a chance I watch the English premiere league. My favorite team to watch is Manchester united and Chelsea. The Italian league is good too I watch that sometimes.