Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Cigar.com Pay it forward

Comments

• Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Sure, but a Backwoods makes them look like Clint Eastwood.
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Hey smoke, it has been a long time since I played since I got stiffed on the last one. The scumbag never sent me my PIF but of course I wanted to do th right thing and keep the game going and guess who just happened to mooch from me. His "roommate." I suppose I should start a bad trader thread because this has happened to me twice now. Once in PIF and once in fun and games, but I have a hard time smearing someone's name without making sure they deserve it first. Anyway, with that said I am going to exercise some faith. Here it goes.

smoke=fire...I will be your CCOM mooch.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    I can't imagine smoke would do that to you. Please post those names, we all need to be aware! If they make up for it later you can always edit the post and remove their name.
  • Options
    Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    rdnstn:
    Hey smoke, it has been a long time since I played since I got stiffed on the last one. The scumbag never sent me my PIF but of course I wanted to do th right thing and keep the game going and guess who just happened to mooch from me. His "roommate." I suppose I should start a bad trader thread because this has happened to me twice now. Once in PIF and once in fun and games, but I have a hard time smearing someone's name without making sure they deserve it first. Anyway, with that said I am going to exercise some faith. Here it goes.

smoke=fire...I will be your CCOM mooch.
    Good deal!! :D And if you remember Ron, I even comisserated with you via PM about your issue since I felt your pain. While I did not get stiffed, it took 28 days of active communication on my part to even get the sticks sent my way. So the same reason I have not played since the first time, and finally worked up the gonadal tissue to jump back in.

PM me your info, and I will have them off the next day (fires permitting) with a USPS tracking number ;)

No worries brother, I got your back :D
  • Options
    PM sent
  • Options
    And package away in today's mail ;) Check you inbox for the tracking number, Ron
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Smoke, your cigars are at the PO as of this afternoon, so they'll be going out tomorrow priority. I don't have any tracking info for you as I kinda spaced out and didn't get delivery confirmation... the new label printing machine had me all confused. In any event, they should be to you mid week I'd imagine, hope you enjoy.

Joe
    And arrived in today's mail safe and sound, Joe...so you can relax now ;) A ~very~ nice selection, and all untried except for one, and even that is in a shape I have not had :D Thanks again for your PiF...much appreciated!
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Not a problem, glad to hear you're pleased with it. Which one have you had before?
  • Options
    The Oliva Serie G, but in a toro. I am going to let it rest before diving in, but not too long :P Just enough to recover from the trip ;)
  • Options
    Oh ok, I honestly couldn't remember if I had sent you one of those or not.
  • Options
    Ironic too, since my latest Cameroon Curiosity Craze has struck me full force ;) Perfect timing on your part, that is for sure. :D Especially after urbi's post about wrapper/filler ratios. So the smaller ring gauge will be a perfect counterpoint to my Toro in the same line.
  • Options
    When you smoke it, do tell how it compares/contrasts, I'd be interested to see how the theory holds up with this particular line. Oliva is a brand that, in my eyes, can do no wrong, I love everything Oliva that I smoke.
  • Options
    Alright you vultures. I guess it's that time.

WHO WANTS TO BE MY CCOM MOOCH????
  • Options

Another good gameI would like to try.  How do I get involved. do I just need to post.  I have no problem starting with sending the cigars to a Mooch.

Patriotcjl

• Options
    It's easy to try. Just read the rules on the first page and once you get 25 posts, just jump in.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    rdnstn:
    Alright you vultures. I guess it's that time.

WHO WANTS TO BE MY CCOM MOOCH????

I'm gonna start this... Maybe it's the Bacardi Limon making me do this, but like I've said in an earlier post that I find Time/Energy hard to do on this thread but with my Girlfriend's help and encouragement....

Ron... I WILL BE YOUR CCOM MOOCH!!!!!

p.s. I love this forum and if this is as smooth as my girlfriend makes it out to be... then I'm gonna go nuts on this thread!!!

Nate
  • Options
    It's about time someone picked this up, and this is a game that you're qualified for. PM me your address Nate and I'll get some sticks out to you next week. Don't forget though you only have 48 hours to ask who wants to mooch from you.
  • Options
    rdnstn:
    It's about time someone picked this up, and this is a game that you're qualified for. PM me your address Nate and I'll get some sticks out to you next week. Don't forget though you only have 48 hours to ask who wants to mooch from you.

PM Sent and I understand the 48 Hour rule :)
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    lasabar, if you mail quickly and you vouched for, then you guesses will actually count on my 1000th post.
  • Options
    "Who wants to be Nate's Cigar.Com Mooch?"
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    lasabar, if you mail quickly and you vouched for, then you guesses will actually count on my 1000th post.

Hot Diggity Damn!
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    If he gets a DC # when he sends out his mooch package and I say let his guesses count! Someone needs to mooch off him quick! I would but I'm on a self inflicted hiatus between here and another forum I spent $150 on shipping alone last month :(.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    I swear this isn't shameless post padding so I can soon participate in PIF, but I have a question. As I'm just beginning to stock up, is it considered in bad form to send packages of recently purchased sticks, or do they need to have spent some time in the humidor first?
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    ive known people that will ship directly from cigar.com to another persons house just because they dont have the inventory to support a PIF.
  • Options
    And that's OK, not considered taboo?
  • Options
    C'mon!!! Who wants to be my mooch!!!

I really wanna join in kuzi's contest!!! I can't wait till the 2000th post contest :) AND I won't be STINGY either...

Nate
  • Options
    Luko:
    And that's OK, not considered taboo?
    Sure its ok. The pif game is not about sending out super-primo, well aged sticks as much as it is about community involvement and spreading the love (for the leaf, that is). I'd be just as happy if you sent me a cigar that's been aging for 3 years as I would if you sent me one fresh off the rolling floor, and I'm not even exaggerating. Don't sweat the small stuff and have fun.
  • Options
    cool, I figure (once I have enough posts) this will be a good way to try cigars others have enjoyed. I just don't know where to start...like a kid in a candy shop, man. So in reading threads, I get the impression that two of the three I should send should definitely be Macanudo and Backwoods, right? In all seriousness, my inventory is so low and I'd be nervous about sending decent sticks.
  • Options
    Luko:
    cool, I figure (once I have enough posts) this will be a good way to try cigars others have enjoyed. I just don't know where to start...like a kid in a candy shop, man. So in reading threads, I get the impression that two of the three I should send should definitely be Macanudo and Backwoods, right? In all seriousness, my inventory is so low and I'd be nervous about sending decent sticks.

That shouldn't matter as much, I'm using this forum as a way to try NEW stuff. One of the most beloved cigars is Ghurka Sherpa... and those are darn right CHEAP! So don't worry about decency, just worry that the cigar is hand-rolled, and is one of a name brand and smoke/give AWAY!
  • Options
    ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    What the hell, I've been away for on vacation for over a week and have been looking for a place to jump back in the fray here, so I'll be your ccom mooch.

If you send the package out today and PM the conf # to both me and Kuzi, he might even let your guesses count... I should head over there and enter some guesses myself.