Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Uber premium pass.........In Transit

Would anyone be interested in an uber premium pass? I was thinking today of all the uber premiums I want to try but can't shell out the cash so I think a pass like this would give BORKS a good opportunity to try that one brand that they have been dying to try.

Due to the investment needed to start a pass like this I would like to limit it to folks with +200 posts unless you guys think thats unfair.

Its hard to put a price limit on a pass like this because the MSRP is varried but I think in general we should be looking at $20 plus sticks.

I like what sirfoster has done with his pass and allowed everyone to record their takes and puts on the forum because it adds a element of suspense waiting to see if the stick you have your eye on lasts till your turn. If you guys want to participate just shoot me a PM and I'll make a list. Listed below are the sticks I was thinking of starting the pass with.

Opus X
GOF
Strativarious (3)
Camacho PE (2)
Partagas Serie No 4
MOW Armada
AF Shark

Here is the pass list in geographic clockwise order. Let me know if there are issues.

Sirfoster83
Jetmech_63
Bass
Icpleel
Robroyas
Redtailhawkoz
Duder2
Firetruckguy
Sandman
Diamond Dog
RaschNuts
Kingjk729
Lilwing 88
The Cank
T_Evan50
The Sniper
ejenne87
Vulchor
Xmacro
Cabinatemaker
Zeebra
Here is the list of approved sticks, let me know if I have overlooked any.

AF Anejo
AF GOF
AF Opus
AF Work of Art maduro
AF Casa
AF Between The Lines
AF Don Carlos Edition de Anniversario
Ashton ESG
Camacho PE
Diamond Crown
Gurkha HMR
MOW Armada
Padron 40/80
Padron Family reserve
Partagas 150/160
rare or special edition tatuajes
Strativarious
Zino Platinum Crown

Rules:
Each person can take 1-3 sticks and must replace each stick taken with a stick on the approved list.

When shipping the pass please get a tracking number so we all know where it is.

Post all your takes and puts so we call drool over the package.

Comments

• Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    I would LOVE to get in on this but I'm not sure I have the inventory to play along
  • Options
    Im Game i have a few that will fit in this. PM to you
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Goldy:
    Would anyone be interested in an uber premium pass? I was thinking today of all the uber premiums I want to try but can't shell out the cash so I think a pass like this would give BORKS a good opportunity to try that one brand that they have been dying to try.

Due to the investment needed to start a pass like this I would like to limit it to folks with +200 posts unless you guys think thats unfair.

Its hard to put a price limit on a pass like this because the MSRP is varried but I think in general we should be looking at $20 plus sticks.

I like what sirfoster has done with his pass and allowed everyone to record their takes and puts on the forum because it adds a element of suspense waiting to see if the stick you have your eye on lasts till your turn. If you guys want to participate just shoot me a PM and I'll make a list. Listed below are the sticks I was thinking of starting the pass with.

Opus X
    GOF
    Strativarious (3)
    Camacho PE (2)
    Partagas Serie No 4
    AF Anejo
    AF Shark
    xxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    I would love to get in on this and have a few sticks that will fit in with that crowd :^)
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    I'm in. Let's do it.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    I'm in
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    I'm game!
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    Me too!
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Excellent idea Goldy! I'm in sir! PM coming your way.

• Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Hells yes im in.
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Count me in as well
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    im in
  • Options
    bass8844bass8844 Posts: 416
    Count me in as well.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Hey, just a quick question - when is this going down? I'm moving before the end of the year, so my address is gonna be different depending on when this goes down
  • Options
    My first time in a pass of high end smokes, and I have a question.

What MSRP are we using? Cigar.com? For example, I see you have Opus, which are sold at majority of places for $20+, but MSRP is lower, closer to like $12+. Arturo Fuente WOAM here is listed for $25, when MSRP is only like $10.

Thanks!
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Im in too----I agree with the last poster though. But i think we all agree despite what the MSRP may be....Opus is a premium stick, so are Anejos, ect. Maybe make it in the 15 buck range though, that adds a few more ideas I think, ie..Padron 64 & 26, Ashton VSG, ect.
  • Options
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    xmacro:
    Hey, just a quick question - when is this going down? I'm moving before the end of the year, so my address is gonna be different depending on when this goes down
    In a week I will close this down and make a list. I'm sure this will take enough time that you will be moved before you get the box.
  • Options
    zeebra:

What MSRP are we using? Cigar.com? For example, I see you have Opus, which are sold at majority of places for $20+, but MSRP is lower, closer to like $12+. Arturo Fuente WOAM here is listed for $25, when MSRP is only like $10.

Thanks!

I strugled with this pass ides for this very reason. The last thing I want to do is send out a box of opus, PE and other high end sticks and recieve a box of gurkhas because they have the "same" msrp. I would say we should use a price closer to the "reasonable purchase price" which means that while opus have a low msrp you will never find them at that price due to rarity. Conversly, you will never pay msrp for a gurkha. Does that make sense?
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Goldy:
    zeebra:

Thanks!

I strugled with this pass ides for this very reason. The last thing I want to do is send out a box of opus, PE and other high end sticks and recieve a box of gurkhas because they have the "same" msrp. I would say we should use a price closer to the "reasonable purchase price" which means that while opus have a low msrp you will never find them at that price due to rarity. Conversly, you will never pay msrp for a gurkha. Does that make sense?
    In my experience going by MSRP when dealing with cigars is usually a bad idea, because it is a suggestion of what they should be sold at. Supply and demand will determine what they actually sell for in the real world. Granted we all know that people like different smokes and will value them differently. When dealing with crops and consumable goods what you will pay year to year can vary drasticly esp. if that line is discontinued. While MSRP might give you an idea of where to start they can be way off. Again it is all relative to what you the individual are willing to pay and how much is it worth to you.
  • Options
    I'd be interested however with a pass like this it has to be moderated or else what ends up happening is the really nice sticks make it to the first few people and by midway you can definately tell that people have real different ideas on what super premiums are lol...I've seen it, just saying...
  • Options
    Here's an idea, maybe a large master list (done quite easily) is created with all the different brands, blends etc that would be good for the pass and those that want to participate have or get one or however many of those sticks from the list they wish to contribute...
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Diamondog:
    Here's an idea, maybe a large master list (done quite easily) is created with all the different brands, blends etc that would be good for the pass and those that want to participate have or get one or however many of those sticks from the list they wish to contribute...
    I would agree with DD if not the list then moderated in some way. I can def. see it going the way he was talking if it were to be just let go on its way. This would also solve the problem of sticks in the right price range, etc.
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Sandman1am:
    In my experience going by MSRP when dealing with cigars is usually a bad idea, because it is a suggestion of what they should be sold at. Supply and demand will determine what they actually sell for in the real world. Granted we all know that people like different smokes and will value them differently. When dealing with crops and consumable goods what you will pay year to year can vary drasticly esp. if that line is discontinued. While MSRP might give you an idea of where to start they can be way off. Again it is all relative to what you the individual are willing to pay and how much is it worth to you.
    I agree with Sandman... Sol Cubano Artisans MSRP @ $30. When was the last time anyone here saw a FIVER of them go for more than $25?

• Options
    Diamondog:
    I'd be interested however with a pass like this it has to be moderated or else what ends up happening is the really nice sticks make it to the first few people and by midway you can definately tell that people have real different ideas on what super premiums are lol...I've seen it, just saying...

Exactly.

what about this idea. I think each person should be able to reserve one stick from the starting package. This way each person gets something they want and can trade for the other sticks that are not reserved. The reservations will go in backwards order, so the last person to get the pass will be the first to reserve a stick. I'll need to add more sticks if we do this.
  • Options
    That would kinda take the fun out of the pass. I like surprises. How about just saying, no gurkhas, graycliffs, or any cigars that are on jam or daily deal in the package allowed, unless someone wants to throw in a Gurkha HMR. I think those pretty much would cover our issue.
  • Options
    You would still be suprised because you can only reserve 1 stick and I just wont say what the others are. I see your point though.
  • Options
    sirfoster83sirfoster83 Posts: 783
    I'll get in on this. Also Goldy Wed the 8th in Minnetonka they are having Toast Across America – one Fuente Fuente Opus X Figurado and one Diamond Crown MAXIMUS Figurado.
  • Options
    Sandman1am:
    Diamondog:
    I would agree with DD if not the list then moderated in some way. I can def. see it going the way he was talking if it were to be just let go on its way. This would also solve the problem of sticks in the right price range, etc.
    Im with these guys. im still fairly knew but know a few premium sticks that would be ok to put in there. If you do a generic list fo whats ok might be best and have it on first post. Or like the top ten pass have them PM goldy everytime someone gets it and oks the swap
  • Options
    I think a list is a good idea. I'll start making one after work but if you want to post any sticks you want to see in the pass feel free.
  • Options
    the ones i think i will have available to throw in are Ashton VSG, Armada, and ESG if it qualifies. the Opus i have only got 2 saving for special occasion