Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Uber premium pass.........In Transit

Comments

• Options
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    I have a spare 15ct humi that I have donated to the pass so we shouldn't need much else.
  • Options
    Goldy:
    I have a question for all of you. I have recieved a few PM's asking that the pass be limited to super Uber premo sticks and I wanted to see what the masses thought. Some people are concerned that a 35 dollar stick might be replaced with something like a AVO which is a little less than half the price. So, We can edit the list to only show the Super Uber sticks OR we could have two bags. One bag would be Super Uber Premo sticks ($20+) and the other bag would be the Super sticks (12-19 range) and would include AVO and the like.

What does everyone think?
    I think we all know well enough what replaces what or pretty close. But we can also make it so everyone posts their takes and leaves and get ok'd by you.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    RaschNuts:
    Goldy:
    I have a question for all of you. I have recieved a few PM's asking that the pass be limited to super Uber premo sticks and I wanted to see what the masses thought. Some people are concerned that a 35 dollar stick might be replaced with something like a AVO which is a little less than half the price. So, We can edit the list to only show the Super Uber sticks OR we could have two bags. One bag would be Super Uber Premo sticks ($20+) and the other bag would be the Super sticks (12-19 range) and would include AVO and the like.

What does everyone think?
    I think we all know well enough what replaces what or pretty close. But we can also make it so everyone posts their takes and leaves and get ok'd by you.
    Actually this is something that needs to be accurately defined and adhered to, room should not be left for judgement on this as anyone that is involved is investing serious sticks and there is not much shittier than waiting a month or 2 for your turn and the pkg has changed substantially then when it went out...the integrity of the pkg needs to be kept from start to finish, this is just my opinion of course...personally I think for simplicity sake the thread and pass is about Uber Premium sticks and should only include those agreed upon and the mid range HIGHER end sticks as good as a lot of them are (for me a La Aurora 100anos) should not be considered for this pass...again just my thoughts...
  • Options
    sirfoster83sirfoster83 Posts: 783
    I'm with DD. It's 100% easier if you go by the list takes all the back and forth out of it.
  • Options
    Im fine with that. You guys have been doing this longer and know the best way.
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    UBER premium pass enough said on that topic.

I think that everyone here should look at the list and consider if they put in a stick would the other sticks on the list be a fair trade for your sticks you are planning on putting in. If you are not good with a Padron replacing an Opus X then you should speak up now. I think we need to stick to the list once it is motion. Unless someone finds something so amazing that they just have to share with the group during the pass. Then it would be up to Goldy if it was allowed.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Agreed - limit the passes to the list
  • Options
    Sandman1am:

I think that everyone here should look at the list and consider if they put in a stick would the other sticks on the list be a fair trade for your sticks you are planning on putting in. If you are not good with a Padron replacing an Opus X then you should speak up now. I think we need to stick to the list once it is motion. Unless someone finds something so amazing that they just have to share with the group during the pass. Then it would be up to Goldy if it was allowed.
    Again need to be specific...i would be ok with a Padron 40th or 80th replacing an Opus but not a standard Padron anny...I think Goldy with just have to put the hammer down and tell us whats in and whats out and not worry about offending anyone lol....cigars are SOOOOOOOOOOO subjective!
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Sandman1am:

>br> I look at it this way if its on the list and its in the box when you get it its fair game...... To many **** rules........ Make the list do the deal and not be pissy about it... if its going to be that way I would rather continue to have freinds then be backstabbed and talkd about on the forum because of Bullshit Jealosy over a stick that was pre approved.
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Sandman1am:

>br> I look at it this way if its on the list and its in the box when you get it its fair game...... To many **** rules........ Make the list do the deal and not be pissy about it... if its going to be that way I would rather continue to have freinds then be backstabbed and talkd about on the forum because of Bullshit Jealosy over a stick that was pre approved.
    AMEN BROTHER!
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Ya if its on the list, it should be fair game. Half the fun is the surprise of the smokes out in the pass.

I'm perfectly fine with trading as long as its on the list...

How about as long at it is $___ or more at ccom, its fair game? Just leave the Gurkhas and Graycliffs out the package.
  • Options
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Sandman1am:

I was saying exactly what DD was saying just not as well as he did. I agree it needs to be specific.

I don't think talking about the rules is a bad thing before the pass is sent out esp. in this case where we are dealing with stuff you don't smoke everyday & is on the expensive side. If you don't speak up as to what you think is fair, which was what I was saying, then we will have to do just what you said Ozzie and SETTLE for whats in the box.

I guess if you think it's too many rules and that people are being pissy, backstabbing, have BS Jealosy over a pass...then I wouldn't participate if I were you. I don't see that happening here. What I do see is that we are trying to make this a fair and enjoyable pass for everyone involved.
  • Options
    How about this... everyone send a list of the sticks you have that are willing to include in the pass and Goldy and make a master list... we'll work off that list and if something new comes up we can make a post and see it if belongs? we can keep the list fluid, but use common sense at the same time...

we're all friends here and I know that I, for one, won't be leaving less than I take...
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with clarirty, I certainly don't want to wait 2 months for a SUPER premium pass to find a $16 stick that I have to pay more to ship the pkg to the next guy lol...
  • Options
    Sandman1am:
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Sandman1am:

I was saying exactly what DD was saying just not as well as he did. I agree it needs to be specific.

I don't think talking about the rules is a bad thing before the pass is sent out esp. in this case where we are dealing with stuff you don't smoke everyday & is on the expensive side. If you don't speak up as to what you think is fair, which was what I was saying, then we will have to do just what you said Ozzie and SETTLE for whats in the box.

I guess if you think it's too many rules and that people are being pissy, backstabbing, have BS Jealosy over a pass...then I wouldn't participate if I were you. I don't see that happening here. What I do see is that we are trying to make this a fair and enjoyable pass for everyone involved.

Misunderstood again...... ALl i was saying is if its on the list Then its fair game..... all the rest is what May result in the taking of a Stick someone doesnt seem fair.......LOL and the tension mounts.. damn I used to buy and sell and distibute *** much more expensive and Harder to get than cigars without all the Back and fourths about what is to be done... who started the game and set the rules is what should be followed i would think at least thats who all the other games on here are... RIGHT? This is Exactley what I mean By Keeping the friends I have made on here............
  • Options
    Diamondog:
    Nothing wrong with clarirty, I certainly don't want to wait 2 months for a SUPER premium pass to find a $16 stick that I have to pay more to ship the pkg to the next guy lol...

DITTO but Some of us May go to the B&M to Pick out a Nice Stick to Put back in> We might not have it on hand.
  • Options
    These are the exactly the types of conversations I want to have now.

As a general rule I think we should all use common sense with this pass.
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    So not trying to be the one that starts anything but I'm guessing that vitola doesn't matter? Plus if I could get more of a specifics on the ISOM's that would be great keeping in mind that some like the RyJ's are not that expensive at all. The last thing is if AF Work of Art maduro and the AF Between The Lines are on the list i think that any of the AF Maduro Hemingways should be on the list.
  • Options
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Sandman1am:
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Sandman1am:

Misunderstood again...... ALl i was saying is if its on the list Then its fair game..... all the rest is what May result in the taking of a Stick someone doesnt seem fair.......LOL and the tension mounts.. damn I used to buy and sell and distibute *** much more expensive and Harder to get than cigars without all the Back and fourths about what is to be done... who started the game and set the rules is what should be followed i would think at least thats who all the other games on here are... RIGHT? This is Exactley what I mean By Keeping the friends I have made on here............
    No harm no foul Ozzie I was just trying to clarify my point and it looks like things are working out for the best. I def. want you to be in on this and I just want everyone to feel like they are having fun and not getting "cheated" so to speak like what DD is saying. It sounds like we are saying the same thing too....if it's on the list or in the box fair game. I wouldn't trade the friendships I have made here for all of the cigars I could smoke for the rest of my life let alone one pass on this forum. We are brothers and I didn't mean for it to come off as I would be mad about this.
    Man hug
  • Options
    What do you guys think about ISOM's in this? Should I remove them?
  • Options
    Also, I put the order on the first page. Take a look and let me know if there are issues.
  • Options
    you have mail Goldy...
  • Options
    Goldy:
    What do you guys think about ISOM's in this? Should I remove them?
    I think that if they are going to be on the list they need to be specifically listed. They can be pretty inexpensive just a little bit harder to come by.
  • Options
    Goldy:
    Also, I put the order on the first page. Take a look and let me know if there are issues.
    Can we go Counter-Clockwise then I don't have to ship to Canada.....LOL J/K
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Hmm...After cabby, he might smoke em all...lol. I'm good with last! So I should see this some time in February..
  • Options
    Just make sure when shipping to Canada it is USPS/figurines/$20 lol
  • Options
    Still think the Padron Annys should be the 40/80th
  • Options
    Diamondog:
    Just make sure when shipping to Canada it is USPS/figurines/$20 lol
    I've gotcha no problems.
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Diamondog:
    Still think the Padron Annys should be the 40/80th
    +1 i also think that casa fuente could go up as well as partagas 150&160's just because i might have one or 2 of those laying around for this pass.
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I was thinking of including a Partegas 150 serie C, pretty rare stick, whattdya think?