Home Non Cigar Related
Options

UP THE IRONS!

Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Hell yes! Seventh Son, to me, is easily Maiden's best album from the classic lineup. I'm a damn fool for concept albums, I just love being told a story regardless of the delivery.

So this isn't anything new, but I watched the Death on the Road documentary the other day and found it really cool. Covered everything from the writing and recording of Dance of Death to the ensuing tour. I had forgotten over the years, but that album has some real gems on it...I think Pachendale could easily be one of the most epic Maiden songs.
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah man! Pachendale is just a classic maiden sound to me! Montsegur, and others on there are great too. I dig everything on a matter of life and death too. I don't think there's a maiden song I wont listen to though!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    tincup703tincup703 Posts: 58
    They'll be at the venue I work at the end of June.
  • Options
    tincup703:
    That's cool. Do you get to see them, or at least hear them? All things considered, I'd settle for either one.

I have my tickets for an August show in Irvine, CA, can't wait for that. Maiden puts on one of the best live shows I've seen...I think Rush is the only live show I thought was better.
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    j0z3r:
    tincup703:
    That's cool. Do you get to see them, or at least hear them? All things considered, I'd settle for either one.

I have my tickets for an August show in Irvine, CA, can't wait for that. Maiden puts on one of the best live shows I've seen...I think Rush is the only live show I thought was better.
    AAAAAAAAAAWESOME!!! Glad to hear you're gonna make the show Joe! You should drag bandyt with you, get a little culture in his game! LOL

• Options
    The Sniper:
    j0z3r:
    tincup703:

AAAAAAAAAAWESOME!!! Glad to hear you're gonna make the show Joe! You should drag bandyt with you, get a little culture in his game! LOL

Hells yeah! I was never not gonna make it, there are very few things in this world that could make me miss a Maiden show within 100 miles. So stoked.
  • Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Last week when I was in Russia I found the coolest metal bar called "Rock Pub." They were blasting the Flight 666 DVD and I stayed and watched the whole thing and got hammered. It made me think of you Maiden fanatics on here. The bartenders barely spoke English, but they knew every word to every song!
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    JCizzle:
    Last week when I was in Russia I found the coolest metal bar called "Rock Pub." They were blasting the Flight 666 DVD and I stayed and watched the whole thing and got hammered. It made me think of you Maiden fanatics on here. The bartenders barely spoke English, but they knew every word to every song!
    Cizzle you dog-ass!!!! I always wanted to go to Russia but have never gotten the opportunity - where were you at and how was it? Without exception, the Russians I had to deal with in the military were, to a person, some of the friendliest and coolest I have ever met!

And you're right about Maiden crossing cultural boundaries, I ran into that too during my travels. Koreans, French, Turks, Middle Easterners... the Maiden comes on, and suddenly the prople you cant communicate with well enough to ask for a glass of water are singing along word for word in perfect English. A very cool thing! :-)

• Options
    Snipey!

The people were just as you described, really cool, and really friendly. I was in St. Petersburg, and it's a pretty well developed and modernized city, but at times you still remember you are in Russia. I lucked out and had perfect weather there, not to mention 20 hours of sunlight, so while you're out getting shitfaced on Baltika and vodka, one moment you realized it's 3 am.

Yeah, my Russian is very basic, but when it came to Maiden and metal, we were able to communicate just fine! :D
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    Flash318Flash318 Posts: 49
    UP THE IRONS!!!!!!! ALL THE WAY!!!
  • Options
    Incidentally, another album I think is great is "Brave New World."
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    JCizzle:
    Agreed! VERY strong statement from the boys that WE'RE BAAAAAACK!!!

• Options
    The Sniper:
    JCizzle:
    Agreed! VERY strong statement from the boys that WE'RE BAAAAAACK!!!

Your time will come!! Your time will coooooooooome!!! :D
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    From the coast of gold, across the Seven Seas,
    Ive traveled long, far and wide.
    But now it seems, Im just a stranger to myself,
    And all the things I sometimes do,
    It isnt me, but someone else.

I close my eyes, and think of home,
    Another city goes by, in the night.
    Aint it funny how it is, you never miss it til its gone away,
    And my heart is laying there, and will be til my dying day.

• Options
    The Sniper:
    From the coast of gold, across the Seven Seas,
    Ive traveled long, far and wide.
    But now it seems, Im just a stranger to myself,
    And all the things I sometimes do,
    It isnt me, but someone else.

I close my eyes, and think of home,
    Another city goes by, in the night.
    Aint it funny how it is, you never miss it til its gone away,
    And my heart is laying there, and will be til my dying day.

Sooooooo, understaaaaaaand..... (with the sick harmonies) :D

Cizzler's Maiden song of the day: These Colour's Don't Run m/,
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    JCizzle:
    Cizzler's Maiden song of the day: These Colour's Don't Run m/,
    From cold, bloody war! :-)

• Options
    I'm going Powerslave on you ****, Flash of the Blade is my Daily Dose of Maiden. Listen to it, love it...then do it again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7jeG2-xQBg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

• Options
    j0z3r:
    I'm going Powerslave on you ****, Flash of the Blade is my Daily Dose of Maiden. Listen to it, love it...then do it again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7jeG2-xQBg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

You live for the touch, for the feel of the steel - one man, and his honor!!! :-D

• Options
    I've been visiting this thread daily at work to pump me up, before I crank it on the iPod!!

Let's keep it going! Cizzler's Maiden Song of the Day (CMSOTD): Sea of Madness!!! m/,
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    JCizzle:
    I've been visiting this thread daily at work to pump me up, before I crank it on the iPod!!

Let's keep it going! Cizzler's Maiden Song of the Day (CMSOTD): Sea of Madness!!! m/,
    Madness!

The sun dont shine on the Sea of Madness.

There aint no wind to fill your sails.

Madness!

When all you see can only bring you sadness...

On, towards the Sea, we go!

• Options
    Undoubtedly one of Maiden's funnest songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dzSEenqc3w&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I've lived in filth, I've lived in sin
    And I still smell better than the sh*t you're in.

• Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Was jamming this at work today
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POISDmuOWVw
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    What a dope I am - I saw the title and thought this was about golf, which I like. I've been missing out. Run to the Hills is a favorite along with the other popular songs. Used to smoke things and drink things in high school to this music. I have some reading and listening to do now. Unfortunately, I never saw them in concert.
  • Options
    The Sniper:
    JCizzle:

Madness!

The sun dont shine on the Sea of Madness.

There aint no wind to fill your sails.

Madness!

When all you see can only bring you sadness...

On, towards the Sea, we go!

Like the Eagle and the Dove, fly so high on wings above!!!!
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    james40:
    What a dope I am - I saw the title and thought this was about golf, which I like. I've been missing out. Run to the Hills is a favorite along with the other popular songs. Used to smoke things and drink things in high school to this music. I have some reading and listening to do now. Unfortunately, I never saw them in concert.
    Dude, it is NOT too late! Those old guys still really rock live, they smoke a lot of bands half their age.
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    Today is a Maiden day as usual. I drew their logo on our dry erase board at work with red and black marker. That was a solid use of company materials and an hour's worth of pay.

I'm easing in to the metal today, but shorty I will pick CMSOTD off The Final Frontier album. Stay tuned...
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    CMSOTD: Isle of Avalon, from The Final Frontier! m/,
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Undoubtedly one of Maiden's funnest songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dzSEenqc3w&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I've lived in filth, I've lived in sin
    And I still smell better than the sh*t you're in.

LOL I will counter your impressive Holy Smoke form with my ancient and unstoppable Hooks In You technique!

Hooks in you, hooks in me,
    Hooks in the ceiling for that well hung feeling!
    No big deal, no big sin,
    Strung up on love, I got the hooks screwed in! ;-)

• Options
    Come to think of it...

Holy Smoke
    Hooks In You
    Bring Your Daughter... To The Slaughter

Our boys were in fine lyrical form on No Prayer For The Dying! Thank God we had Tailgunner, The Assassin and Mother Russia to balance it out a little. LOL UP THE IRONS!!!

PS: I suddenly miss redtailhawkoz being around the forums regularly... sigh...

• Options
    Just listened to that album yesterday. Not their best, but not a bad album. Stay tuned for CMSOTD....
    Light 'em up.