Home Non Cigar Related
Options

UP THE IRONS!

12346»

Comments

• Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Nightmaaaaaares!! Still Life, great track.

I carry this thread as a service to society.
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    And you do so very well sir!

The smell of resined leather
    The steely iron mask
    As you cut and thrust and parried at the fencing master's call.
    He taught you all he ever knew
    To fear no mortal man
    and now you'll wreak your vengeance in the
    Screams of evil men.

You'll die as you lived
    In a flash of the blade,
    in a corner forgotten by no one
    You lived for the touch
    For the feel of the steel
    One man, and his honor.

• Options
    Yeah!! Great album, too!
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    Here's my little 4th of July from the Englishmen tribute. None other than an oldie but goodie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXYuPMsThYs
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Maiden playing here Sat night at the bluesfest (of all festivals lol)!
  • Options
    Diamondog:
    Maiden playing here Sat night at the bluesfest (of all festivals lol)!
    Jealous. Seen them 3 times, and jealous.
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    They just played at Summerfest last night here in Wisco... I did not see them
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    One of the obscure....

Black Bart's truckin' ain't what it seems
    Black Bart's lookin'
    Don't know where she's been
    Maybe she's an acrobat
    Spends her evenings dancing on a pole
    We all got to try the Black Bart blues

• Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Sniper:
    One of the obscure....

Black Bart's truckin' ain't what it seems
    Black Bart's lookin'
    Don't know where she's been
    Maybe she's an acrobat
    Spends her evenings dancing on a pole
    We all got to try the Black Bart blues

That girl you need
    Gonna knock you off your feet,
    That girl ya' know
    She'll never let you go
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    So far...Moonchild, Can I play with madness, the prisoner, afraid to shoot strangers, the trooper, two minutes to midnight phantom of the opera, number of the beast, run to hills, wasted years, seventh son of a seventh son, the clairvoyant, fear of the dark, iron maiden, aces high, the evil that men do, running free.

That's pretty close...I might have a few out of order. Awesome set list tonight.
  • Options
    That was an amazing show last night. I wish I could've gotten some pictures or video, but the stage lighting makes that really difficult with just my phone camera. Considering that they did a show at the same venue the night before, the guys were in top form. The level of energy they put out is astounding.

Why Coheed and Cambria was opening for the mighty Maiden, I will never know. Aside from a pretty good cover of Sabbath's Heaven and Hell, I found zero appeal to their performance. But hey, they have their fans and I'm OK with that...I just won't count myself among them.
  • Options
    jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    That was an amazing show last night. I wish I could've gotten some pictures or video, but the stage lighting makes that really difficult with just my phone camera. Considering that they did a show at the same venue the night before, the guys were in top form. The level of energy they put out is astounding.

Why Coheed and Cambria was opening for the mighty Maiden, I will never know. Aside from a pretty good cover of Sabbath's Heaven and Hell, I found zero appeal to their performance. But hey, they have their fans and I'm OK with that...I just won't count myself among them.
    Did you not care for Coheed's music or did they put on a crappy show? I ask because I have seen them a couple times myself, and they are one of the bands who's show always seemed...lackluster(stand at the mics, do their set, little crowd interaction), but the music was always solid.

Otherwise, that sounds awesome. Maiden has always been on my list to see live, but whenever they are near, something seems to come up.
  • Options
    jthanatos:
    j0z3r:

Did you not care for Coheed's music or did they put on a crappy show? I ask because I have seen them a couple times myself, and they are one of the bands who's show always seemed...lackluster(stand at the mics, do their set, little crowd interaction), but the music was always solid.

Otherwise, that sounds awesome. Maiden has always been on my list to see live, but whenever they are near, something seems to come up.
    It wasn't that they put on a crappy show, but they weren't very compelling either. The music was solid if you're a fan of their style, I just didn't care for it. I will give them props though, they did Sabbath justice when they covered Heaven and Hell. I'll check out some of their music though, maybe I'll feel differently about them.

You've gotta see Maiden, they put on such a great show. Hopefully you get the chance, it's a show you won't ever forget. The only show I've seen that surpassed Maiden was Rush as the performance goes, but for sheer energy Maiden is tops.
  • Options
    The_buffalonianThe_buffalonian Posts: 987 ✭✭✭
    just seen Maiden and Cooper about two weeks ago. it was a great show and Maiden never fails to deliver.
  • Options
    Just saw then in Salt Lake!!!! Oh my god, I will never be the same
    Photobucket
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    I just saw the Mighty Maiden for my 28th time in Sacramento lon the 4th, An amazing show as usual, and I got to go back in time to here them Play Live My favorite song IN All Maiden Songs... The Phantom of the opera... The first time I heard that Live was the 3rd Time I saw Iron Maiden with the Original Maiden and Paul Diano....... The BEST!
    Here are some Photos from that Show In Sacramento,
    Iron Maiden Live Sacramento California 2012
    Up The Irons !
  • Options
    Sweet pics Oz. I guess I meant to mention it but forgot...Phantom of the Opera was the highpoint of the show for me. The place went crazy for that one, and I loved hearing it live. One of my all time favorite Maiden tunes.
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    j0z3r:
    Sweet pics Oz. I guess I meant to mention it but forgot...Phantom of the Opera was the highpoint of the show for me. The place went crazy for that one, and I loved hearing it live. One of my all time favorite Maiden tunes.

I am thinking to TRUE Maiden Fans that Song is the HOLY GRAIL! It has all the great Eliments of a Heavy Metal Master piece! A True Classic!