Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin this morning?

Comments

• Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    jliu:
    yup. famosos. it has all the typical robaina flavors but it's a bit on the spicier side. i like it. tried it?
    its on the list. I've also been wanting to try the Juan Lopez stuff as well.
  • Options
    chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    Had the VR don Alejandro yesterday from 09 and it was much milder than expected. This may have been due to the fact it was plugged and I forgot my poker at home :/ so I may have not been getting full draws. Toward the end the spice turned up a bit. The flavor I did get was very pleasant and it had a great finish after retrohale. I am excited to try one with proper draw to get full floral notes. At times there was dominant cedar which was a nice change of pace.
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    jliu:
    yup. famosos. it has all the typical robaina flavors but it's a bit on the spicier side. i like it. tried it?
    ahh. good to know. i'm wanting to try JL as well. i hear the robo is pretty tasty
  • Options
    jliu:
    catfishbluezz:
    jliu:
    ahh. good to know. i'm wanting to try JL as well. i hear the robo is pretty tasty
    I've heard that as well. I'm more interested in the 5.5x46 one, I think it is the no1, and the PC's since I like the smaller rg's.
  • Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    Smoking a Viaje Late Harvest 2011, has a good looking band on it so far so good
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Had a Avo Classic robusto, thanks Fishbait for telling me about the deal CCOM had :)....
  • Options
    RCY Cigars:
    Had a Avo Classic robusto, thanks Fishbait for telling me about the deal CCOM had :)....
    did it seem a little young? JdN mentioned that, I thought mine did as well.
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    RCY Cigars:

Interesting, I didn't smoke one of those. I smoked my last one I had from a box a year ago. I still have a couple samplers to try. But since you said they may be young. I'm going to smoke another either today or tomorrow from that pack. I'll let you know what I think.
  • Options
  • Options
    Nub 460 Habano
  • Options
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gino USMC:
    sir that is an awesome looking ashtray just awesome.stick looks good to
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    AJ Fresh-rolled Maddie corona. Meh...
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    RCY Cigars:
    catfishbluezz:
    RCY Cigars:

Interesting, I didn't smoke one of those. I smoked my last one I had from a box a year ago. I still have a couple samplers to try. But since you said they may be young. I'm going to smoke another either today or tomorrow from that pack. I'll let you know what I think.
    I'm having an AVO Classis this morning, great with a cup of coffee.

...and by the way Dustin, I think you'll enjoy the JL line. The CG's I've had have been very good.
  • Options
  • Options
    bigharpoon:
    RCY Cigars:
    catfishbluezz:
    RCY Cigars:

I'm having an AVO Classis this morning, great with a cup of coffee.

...and by the way Dustin, I think you'll enjoy the JL line. The CG's I've had have been very good.

Excellent morning smoke, happy to see another person who agrees, cheers....
  • Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    smoking a Padilla Miami Lancero this morning
  • Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    RCY Cigars:
    catfishbluezz:
    RCY Cigars:

I think the catfisher ment to type JDH instead of JDN, because I recently bought some Avo classic robustos and mentioned to him that mine were just a little young - and slightly bitter. That was a couple of months ago and they've calmed down considerably and I'm enjoying them a lot now.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Had a M.O.W. SE Figuardo at a local B&M with a friend in Ormond Beach followed by one of their "House" sticks which wasn't half bad... Left with a few more sticks and a lighter wallet!
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    American Label. Waiting for the bottom to drop out. Havent smoked one of these in 3+ months because I love the 1st and 2nd but cant stand the last 3rd of the cigar. seeing if some age helps.

post cigar:
    I didnt make it. Maybe this cigar just isnt my cup of tea.
  • Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    I had an unbanded AVO that was rolled at a B&M event from my secret santa. Musky for sure, paired well with coffee. It was only a 4x44 or so. I wish it had been an inch longer. Thanks secret santa. Only 10 degrees out and my toes and fingers are numb... maybe it's good it wasn't an inch longer!
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    pelirrojo:
    ..... Musky for sure, paired well with coffee. It was only a 4x44 or so. I wish it had been an inch longer......
    Wait for it..
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    pelirrojo:
    ..... Musky for sure, paired well with coffee. It was only a 4x44 or so. I wish it had been an inch longer......
    Wait for it..
    That's what she said! Tag team.
  • Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    kaspera79:
    pelirrojo:
    Wait for it..

Here's the pitch... it's low and outside... back back back goooooone.
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    kaspera79:
    pelirrojo:
    Wait for it..
    funny, i thought about typing that same thing! and then...there it was!
  • Options
  • Options
    ddubridge:
    American Label. Waiting for the bottom to drop out. Havent smoked one of these in 3+ months because I love the 1st and 2nd but cant stand the last 3rd of the cigar. seeing if some age helps.

post cigar:
    I didnt make it. Maybe this cigar just isnt my cup of tea.
    Yeah, the last third of those can get a little honky. I think a year plus will make a difference. I still like the first two thirds enough to keep a couple of them around. I may take the cello off and bury some for an experiment.