Comments

• Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    Smoking a man o war virtue figurado this morning
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    ddubridge:
    American Label. Waiting for the bottom to drop out. Havent smoked one of these in 3+ months because I love the 1st and 2nd but cant stand the last 3rd of the cigar. seeing if some age helps.

post cigar:
    I didnt make it. Maybe this cigar just isnt my cup of tea.
    Yeah, the last third of those can get a little honky. I think a year plus will make a difference. I still like the first two thirds enough to keep a couple of them around. I may take the cello off and bury some for an experiment.
    Yeah, Im pretty much taking 3 month trials on them now. I just hear how people like them so much and I feel ya on the first two thirds, but as soon as I start tasting the crap on the last third, off to sleep she goes.
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    catfishbluezz:
    ddubridge:
    American Label. Waiting for the bottom to drop out. Havent smoked one of these in 3+ months because I love the 1st and 2nd but cant stand the last 3rd of the cigar. seeing if some age helps.

post cigar:
    Yeah, the last third of those can get a little honky. I think a year plus will make a difference. I still like the first two thirds enough to keep a couple of them around. I may take the cello off and bury some for an experiment.
    Yeah, Im pretty much taking 3 month trials on them now. I just hear how people like them so much and I feel ya on the first two thirds, but as soon as I start tasting the crap on the last third, off to sleep she goes.
    That is the case with many conny's on the cheaper side I have noticed. I started a column on this for RRR that will be up soon, that was one of them tested. It has a very heavy profile that needs coffee or a bold meal to compliment, otherwise it is better served later in the day.
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    ddubridge:
    catfishbluezz:
    ddubridge:

post cigar:
    That is the case with many conny's on the cheaper side I have noticed. I started a column on this for RRR that will be up soon, that was one of them tested. It has a very heavy profile that needs coffee or a bold meal to compliment, otherwise it is better served later in the day.
    Let me know when you get it up. I would like to read it.
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    catfishbluezz:
    ddubridge:
    catfishbluezz:
    ddubridge:

post cigar:
    Let me know when you get it up. I would like to read it.
    Should be this week. The idea is that coffee blasts the palette, so a proper review is not in order. However, the interplay of coffee and conny wrapped cigars on the palette is unique. Coffee acts as an acidic wash of sorts and can improve the finish of an average conny, while accentuating the positives of a good conny. The flip side is a bold blend may not interact well with a smooth finish conny as well. I paired that one specifically with a French Roast, very oily dark beans, and the pairing improved the finish. However, a lighter breakfast or medium blend might not mask the youth of that tobacco.

I will say this, I have experienced significant change with aging conny's for the better, specifically the finish. It may take a long time, but the boldness of the fillers in the American Label might mellow into something special. I actually like the boldness of them without being overpowering and spicy like some NC fillers.
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    AJ Fernandez overrun corona on my way to work
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭

I took off the band before snapping any pics for some reason. Just excited to add it to my collection, I guess. Picked this smoke today because it's my last day off before returning to work.

Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    very nice. I just cant get my self to smoke the one I have till I have more.
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    This was my first. I really liked it, but was expecting a little more flavor, I guess. Don't get me wrong, the flavors were all good, and it was smoooooooooth. It just seemed more a medium smoke than a strong smoke. Draw was just a little tight, but I will definitely revisit it if I get a chance. I'm such a noob at this, I don't want to go into more detail for fear of sounding an idiot. If nothing else, it woke me up! Great nicotine kick was making me lightheaded near the end, but I wanted to keep smoking it. Then my fingers got a little hot so I quit. I guess this sounds like a mixed review--want more flavor but couldn't put it down--I think I might need more experience to appreciate this one.

When I first started drinking wine, an experienced collector friend helped me try a lot. By asking me what I liked he really helped me refine my palate as well as figure out what I liked; one of his first comments to me: "you have expensive taste". And I didn't even know what I'd been drinking. Maybe it's the same with cigars for me. Eventually, I hope to be able to put my thumb on the reason I wanted to keep smoking this stick. Right now I can't.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat as far as experience. I know I love all the other MOW I've tried so far, so i'm sure i'll love Armada, but I'd like to have a couple more before I burn one.
  • Options
    robertgreen30robertgreen30 Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭
    Smoking a Cain Daytona one of my favorites
  • Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I've had a Fonseca Arana every morning this week.
    Thought it was time to mix it up this morning so I burned a Padilla Artemis torp.

• Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Having my first La Palina courtesy of Bigshizza

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BigT06:
    Having my first La Palina courtesy of Bigshizza

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
    like x2 :)
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    I had my first churchill in nearly a year. It was a VigilantE Corojo, and it suprised me how enjoyable it was!
  • Options
    My first Aston ESG (gifted the only other i ever had before).

• Options
    Smoked a GH 2002 this morning
  • Options
    chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    image started out grass and moss on pre draw. Getting some vegetable and something else I can't put my finger on at the moment. Thanks to mmccartneydc for this one if I remember correctly.
  • Options
    Up next, Undercrown Corona.

• Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flor de las Antillas - this one deserves the high ratings and the "Cigar of the Year" that it has been given (unlike last year's Prensado)

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    What a great picture! CCOM all sold out. Darn. Looking to spend a Christmas Gift Certificate from my lovely wife. Hopefully they will restock soon.
  • Options
  • Options
    smoking a My Father S special this morning
  • Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    Had a Punch London Club Maduro on my way to work.
  • Options
  • Options
    robertgreen30:
    I have to know how it was. I am a huge fan of the connie but cant find a couple maddy's to try before i commit to a box.
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    both of those are some of my favorite smokes.got a sampler a while back with 5 of each in it.if you like the conn you like the madd.IMO
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    ddubridge:
    robertgreen30:
    I have to know how it was. I am a huge fan of the connie but cant find a couple maddy's to try before i commit to a box.
    It was my first and I enjoyed it very much, It was good for a gurkha but I like gurkhas and want to try this for a long time, well worth it. I say tried one when you get a chance.