Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Ccom NCAA Brackets 2011

Welcome, gentlemen, to the 2011 Ccom NCAA Brackets. Please reply to this thread or PM me if you are interested in participating. This contest is open to everyone on the Good Traders List. This is going to work the same way as the 2010 bracket that I organized.

Rules
"Buy-in" of five sticks. Sticks should be handmade premiums only.

Scoring will be determined by a bracket that participants will enter on Yahoo Sports (sign up instructions provided later in this post).

There will only be 1st and 2nd prizes only. The amount of sticks for each prize will be determined by the final number of participants. Losers will send their sticks directly to the winners. Senders will be determined by the whoever is after the winner on the participant list.

Brackets open on Sunday, March 13th. Brackets lock on Thursday, March 17th. Please finalize your bracket before that date.

Sign-in Info for Yahoo Sports
You can sign in at Yahoo Sports. Sign-in info is as follows:

Group ID: 32510
Group password: To be PM'd to participants.

To keep better track of the brackets, please use your Ccom handle when you register your bracket.

Current Participant List
sightunseen
rossdavey2
ejenne87
zeebra
RCY Cigars
Vulchor
skweekz
RaschNuts
bandyt09
lilwing88
dwayne3307
Redtailhawkoz
kingjk729

Comments

• Options
    rossdavey2rossdavey2 Posts: 979
    I'm in.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    count me in!
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    I'm in Tony!!
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    sightunseen:
    Hey, all. If you guys remember, I organized a pool last year and if anyone is interested this year, I am down to do it again. Here is the link from last year:

http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/119273.aspx

I don't forsee the rules changing. If I get at least as many responses as I did last year, I will go ahead and set it up. It was a lot of fun last year and I hope that members that have joined us since then will join in.

Lastly, I did a quick check and didn't find anyone else doing this. If someone is, then please let me know so we can avoid a conflict of running the same contest.

What are the rules, I see some BOTL's are excited about it. Would like to know more. I'm still new to some of your games.`
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Well Tony...I guess you suckered me in;), lol.

Sounds good manm, thanks yet again for running this game again. Let us know where to sign up on YahooSports so I can get to picking incorrectly:)
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    RCY Cigars:
    sightunseen:
    Hey, all. If you guys remember, I organized a pool last year and if anyone is interested this year, I am down to do it again. Here is the link from last year:

I don't forsee the rules changing. If I get at least as many responses as I did last year, I will go ahead and set it up. It was a lot of fun last year and I hope that members that have joined us since then will join in.

Lastly, I did a quick check and didn't find anyone else doing this. If someone is, then please let me know so we can avoid a conflict of running the same contest.

What are the rules, I see some BOTL's are excited about it. Would like to know more. I'm still new to some of your games.`
    If you check out the link to last year's thread, the rules are outlined in there. Are you on the Good Traders List yet? You should if you haven't and its easy to get on the list (just initiate and complete a trade with someone that is already on the list).
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Tony, RCY Cigars is good to go! He bombed the crap outta jsnake a few days ago. There is a thread up on it. And from what he sent, he sure does have some premiums to hand out!!

• Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    sightunseen:
    RCY Cigars:
    sightunseen:

If you check out the link to last year's thread, the rules are outlined in there. Are you on the Good Traders List yet? You should if you haven't and its easy to get on the list (just initiate and complete a trade with someone that is already on the list).
    ]

New and slow, saw the thread after I post, lol. DSWarmack, jsnake and JCizzle all put me on the good traders list this week. Thank you zeebra for the extra cover....
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    I'm in. I'll give it a shot.
  • Options
    RaschNutsRaschNuts Posts: 882
    count me in.
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I remember correctly I took LAST place last year so I have to defend my CRAPPIEST picks ever title, so once again put my name in the hopper. Thanks for bringing up the memories, Tony.
  • Options
    bandyt09:
    If I remember correctly I took LAST place last year so I have to defend my CRAPPIEST picks ever title, so once again put my name in the hopper. Thanks for bringing up the memories, Tony.

I feel pretty certain I'll take that title from you this year. I am the world's worst picker of winners when it comes to college basketball. I'm kinda ashamed to admit that I'll be asking my wife for advice on this one.
  • Options
    skweekz:
    bandyt09:

I feel pretty certain I'll take that title from you this year. I am the world's worst picker of winners when it comes to college basketball. I'm kinda ashamed to admit that I'll be asking my wife for advice on this one.
    Ok, I guess we shall do a side bet if you like. The sad part is that I go every year to Vegas for the Madness and actually bet real live money on this crap. This will be consecutive year #11 that I will be there and I am still looking for my 1st year of being on the positive end of my basketball bets, LOL.
  • Options
    bandyt09:
    skweekz:
    bandyt09:

Ok, I guess we shall do a side bet if you like. The sad part is that I go every year to Vegas for the Madness and actually bet real live money on this crap. This will be consecutive year #11 that I will be there and I am still looking for my 1st year of being on the positive end of my basketball bets, LOL.
    Didn't we have a side pot last year? For last place if I am not mistaken haha. You only won because I had a good start, but it was all down hill from there! I think I was only one or two spots above you in the end of it. Hopefully I do a bit better this year!
  • Options
    ejenne87:
    bandyt09:
    skweekz:
    bandyt09:

Didn't we have a side pot last year? For last place if I am not mistaken haha. You only won because I had a good start, but it was all down hill from there! I think I was only one or two spots above you in the end of it. Hopefully I do a bit better this year!
    I think it was you and Tony that had the side bet that I screwed you both out of, LOL. In fact, I sent Tony some sticks because of that; did I ever get any out to you?
  • Options
    bandyt09:
    ejenne87:
    bandyt09:
    skweekz:
    bandyt09:

I think it was you and Tony that had the side bet that I screwed you both out of, LOL. In fact, I sent Tony some sticks because of that; did I ever get any out to you?
    I can barely remember if I changed my shorts this morning haha. I don't remember, but hows about we make a side pot this year again? Bet a 5-pack for bottom two spots?
  • Options
    ejenne87:
    bandyt09:
    ejenne87:
    bandyt09:
    skweekz:
    bandyt09:

I can barely remember if I changed my shorts this morning haha. I don't remember, but hows about we make a side pot this year again? Bet a 5-pack for bottom two spots?
    Done deal. So even WHEN I lose, I'll WIN, LOL.
  • Options
    bandyt09:
    ejenne87:
    bandyt09:
    ejenne87:
    bandyt09:
    skweekz:
    bandyt09:

Done deal. So even WHEN I lose, I'll WIN, LOL.

Haha hey why not, count me in for the side bet!
  • Options
    skweekz:
    You've got a 5 stick bet with me. Now you have to convince Evan that he is just a little bit better of a crappy picker that you are, LOL.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    IN!!!!!
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    bandyt09:
    skweekz:
    You've got a 5 stick bet with me. Now you have to convince Evan that he is just a little bit better of a crappy picker that you are, LOL.

So who ever finishes the worst...wins? Shouldn't be too hard. The real question, do I picked based on color (can red beat blue?) or animals/mascots (can a tiger beat an otter?)

And I'd just like to clarify right up front, I'm not one to sandbag. I'm just really horrible at picking basketball.
  • Options
    Hey, guys, 1st post has been updated. Please read for info.
  • Options
    dwayne3307dwayne3307 Posts: 272
    Count me in
  • Options
    RaschNutsRaschNuts Posts: 882
    Logged in
  • Options
    RaschNuts:
    Logged in

Me too...let the onslaught begin
  • Options
    rossdavey2rossdavey2 Posts: 979
    Logged in.
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    WELL *** I guess Im in!
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    By five stick 'buy in', that means I just send five sticks to the winner, correct?
  • Options
    Matt Marvel:
    By five stick 'buy in', that means I just send five sticks to the winner, correct?
    Correcto. You in, my good man?
  • Options
    Please note: bandyt pointed out that my "bracket lock" date should be 03/17 instead of 03/24. PLEASE FINALIZE YOUR BRACKET BEFORE 03/17.

Thanks, Todd, for catching this and I will revise the first post.