Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Ccom NCAA Brackets 2011

Comments

• Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Registered! Thanks again Tony for setting it up!

• Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    sightunseen:
    Matt Marvel:
    By five stick 'buy in', that means I just send five sticks to the winner, correct?
    Correcto. You in, my good man?
    I most certainly am.
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Matt Marvel:
    sightunseen:
    Matt Marvel:
    By five stick 'buy in', that means I just send five sticks to the winner, correct?
    Correcto. You in, my good man?
    I most certainly am.
    Very, good. Password has been PM'd to you.
  • Options
    zeebra:
    Registered! Thanks again Tony for setting it up!

Awesome, thanks for joining. This is going to be epic.
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Logged in....
  • Options
    Bump as you can start today!
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Iam in ..... hit me up with a pm
  • Options
    zeebra:
    Bump as you can start today!
    Indeed it does. Thanks, Shawn, for the reminder.

At this point, passwords have been PM'd to every participant. Please let me know if you didn't received one and I will send it out right away.
  • Options
    RaschNutsRaschNuts Posts: 882
    are their double points for Upsets? or just a win is a win and you get those points?
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    sightunseen:
    Please note: bandyt pointed out that my "bracket lock" date should be 03/17 instead of 03/24. PLEASE FINALIZE YOUR BRACKET BEFORE 03/17.

Thanks, Todd, for catching this and I will revise the first post.

So once we complete our Brtacket we can go in and Change it anytime before the 17th? I have mine set already .
  • Options
    Redtailhawkoz:
    sightunseen:
    Please note: bandyt pointed out that my "bracket lock" date should be 03/17 instead of 03/24. PLEASE FINALIZE YOUR BRACKET BEFORE 03/17.

So once we complete our Brtacket we can go in and Change it anytime before the 17th? I have mine set already .
    I dont think you can change brackets once they start. Its not like the college pick em games. Once these are filled out, those are your final picks. Thats how I've always played em in the brackets.
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    zeebra:
    Redtailhawkoz:
    sightunseen:

I dont think you can change brackets once they start. Its not like the college pick em games. Once these are filled out, those are your final picks. Thats how I've always played em in the brackets.

So you cant change your picks anytime before the Games Actually Start once you have finalized your bracket... if thats the case thats cool i think i have mine the way I want it anyway i was just checking , Never done one like this on Yahoo Before.....
  • Options
    RaschNuts:
    are their double points for Upsets? or just a win is a win and you get those points?
    I don't have any upset bonuses in place. Scoring is progressive, meaning each round will be worth one additional point (Round of 64 = 1 point, Round of 32 = 2 points, etc).
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Redtailhawkoz:
    zeebra:
    Redtailhawkoz:
    sightunseen:

So you cant change your picks anytime before the Games Actually Start once you have finalized your bracket... if thats the case thats cool i think i have mine the way I want it anyway i was just checking , Never done one like this on Yahoo Before.....
    Ozzie, not to bust your "basket"balls, but you can change the brackets up to Thursday because there are certain seeds that haven't been finalized yet, i.e. the USC / VCU seed (#11 in the Southwest region) won't be chosen until the game is over, approx. 8:00 pm PST. This is why you have until the 17th, before the 9:25 game to finalize the bracket.
  • Options
    sightunseen:
    RaschNuts:
    I don't have any upset bonuses in place. Scoring is progressive, meaning each round will be worth one additional point (Round of 64 = 1 point, Round of 32 = 2 points, etc).
    No worries just wanted to double check

My bracket is in GO XAVIER!!!
  • Options
    dwayne3307dwayne3307 Posts: 272
    picks are in, let me go ahead and thank you guys for the free smokes!!! hahaha
  • Options
    Hey all. Just a reminder to finalize your bracket before it locks tomorrow. Good luck to all.
  • Options
    Less than 2 hrs left.

Just made a few changes and I'm all set. I'll send out my addy later today for you guys. Thanks! LOL!
  • Options
    Raschnuts, how in the hell did you get that Louisville upset?! lol. I heard about it on the radio on the way in from work and thought, well, there's one wrong pick that won't hurt, nobody could've seen that coming. Guess I was wrong, lol.
  • Options
    Hey boys, due to technical difficulties I wasn't able to put my picks in for this year, however, I will be sending sticks to those that I had side bets.

Tony, let me know who I need to send winning sticks to when this is done.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    So, for some reason I can't seem to find the group again... What the hell is going on?! I am so freaking stupid when it comes to anything involving computers or the internet :-(
  • Options
    Matt Marvel:
    Raschnuts, how in the hell did you get that Louisville upset?! lol. I heard about it on the radio on the way in from work and thought, well, there's one wrong pick that won't hurt, nobody could've seen that coming. Guess I was wrong, lol.
    Honestly im a genius.

just luck. i randomly pick a couple up sets here and there. there is no rhyme or reason to how i pick.

i dont follow basketball in general especially college basket ball this is just fun. i go with names i know and or kinda like from past years.
  • Options
    ejenne87:
    So, for some reason I can't seem to find the group again... What the hell is going on?! I am so freaking stupid when it comes to anything involving computers or the internet :-(
    Never mind, I am stupid. Maybe tonight I will get more than 3 hours of sleep...
  • Options
    RaschNuts:
    Matt Marvel:
    Honestly im a genius.

just luck. i randomly pick a couple up sets here and there. there is no rhyme or reason to how i pick.

i dont follow basketball in general especially college basket ball this is just fun. i go with names i know and or kinda like from past years.
    Great call on that!! I'm sure Morehead killed tons of brackets. Had Richmond which is good.

This *** is fun and up about $400 for the day....lets hope it ends well. Good Luck fellas!!
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Louisville???? WTF?!?!?!?!!?
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    lilwing88:
    Louisville???? WTF?!?!?!?!!?
    Always go with More head.......St that is, LOL
  • Options
    I'm off to that early last place start it looks like! If I keep this up maybe maybe the opposite of what happened last year upcoming. Last year I was ahead bot like 6 picks, and then all my elite 8 teams freaking lost... Hopefully, with only one out so far (so much for Mich St. with the Cinderella story) I can still make points in the last couple rounds. All I need is for Connecticut to keep playing like they were in the Big East Tournament and all will be gravy. They looked pretty good last night!
  • Options
    This is getting interesting!! Love this stuff! Even though my bracket went downhill yesterday, I ended up winning some major cash, going 7-1 in the games yesterday!! MARCH MADDNESSSSS!!!!!!!!

Good luck the rest of the way fellas!!

I think Ohio St and Kansas are meeting in the finals now.
  • Options
    I can't believe I've come back and hung around like I have. I'm sure I can't afford too many more losses though.
  • Options
    Its been a great tourney! Tons of upsets!! Which make it awesome!