Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Ccom NCAA Brackets 2011

Comments

• Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    All but perhaps one of us appears to be alive here. All pretty bunched up as well. I obviously did pretty good through the first weekend (usually a curse in Madness Pools), but have quite a bit hanging on BYU to win at least a couple more games.
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    AM i the one thats out of it... I cant figure that **** *** out! I know MY Bracket SUCKS!
  • Options
    RaschNutsRaschNuts Posts: 882
    Redtailhawkoz:
    AM i the one thats out of it... I cant figure that **** *** out! I know MY Bracket SUCKS!
    No i think im the one thats deff out of it.

should have got into the pool for the worst score lol
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    ND goin down was my one chance of havin a shot, albeit a distant one, in this pool.

I loved watching Charles Barkley go off on a rant about the Big East. F-ing priceless. And the kicker was is that he's 100% right!!! 11Big East teams made it and they're almost all out! Other than that rant, Sir Charles looked like he'd rather be anywhere than commentating on college hoops.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Wow! Duke went down quicker than a Kardashian sister at an NBA or NFL event!

I can't believe not one person in our pool picked Duke to win. Unheard of.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    rossdavey2rossdavey2 Posts: 979
    I will say this. I have no idea about any of this stuff. Just picked teams random and sat back. It's been fun.
  • Options
    dwayne3307dwayne3307 Posts: 272
    lilwing88:

Yep, i laughed out loud at that one. I had Duke losing in the Sweet 16...to Texas. Oh well, I was half right.
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    dwayne3307:
    lilwing88:

Yep, i laughed out loud at that one. I had Duke losing in the Sweet 16...to Texas. Oh well, I was half right.
    So did I. I had Texas in the Final Four. With Wisconsin, one of my other Final Four teams, going down; I can't really afford too many more losses.
  • Options
    3 of my final four teams are still alive
  • Options
    I hate you Dwayne;)
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    I'm done. Good luck fellas.
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Looks like I got lucky with that Kentucky upset (pure luck). And like everyone else, why the hell didn't I pick Duke?
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    As i sat in Ohio watching the Buckeyes last night i realized I was not wearing anything Ohio State.... I also realized It was a very late start....... Then out came the Gangster Thug Oakland raiders ,pittsburgh Steeler playing Kentucky BOYS,,,,, The absolute worst officiated game in College Basketball history...... No less then 20 or more uncalled fouls... Missed technical s in the Throwing the ball in the face trying to save the ball from going out of bounds, two missed technical on the Kentucky coach for coming on the court and cussing the officials ... I mean WTF was that! The poor showing in this pool means nothing to me... but the Loss for the Buckeyes in such a manor is sickening. Ill be back in rare form on the forums in a few days
  • Options
    Yeah, so I'm probably done now. Kansas is my only pick still alive, so it's going to take a miracle for me to win the whole thing.
  • Options
    dwayne3307:
    Open mouth, insert foot. I had Ohio St in my final four. Now I'm down to 2.
  • Options
    dwayne3307:
    dwayne3307:
    Open mouth, insert foot. I had Ohio St in my final four. Now I'm down to 2.
    And now I'm down to 1. Thanks Florida.
  • Options
    How do we handle ties, given the standings are the same as they are at the end?
  • Options
    Matt Marvel:
    Good question. I will have to think about that. If anyone has a good idea, please share. Also, I will be updating on how the sticks should be distributed soon.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    sightunseen:
    Matt Marvel:
    Good question. I will have to think about that. If anyone has a good idea, please share. Also, I will be updating on how the sticks should be distributed soon.
    The tie breaker is the scores we all picked for the Championship game right?
  • Options
    ejenne87:
    sightunseen:
    Matt Marvel:
    Yeah, but if none of us have a team in it, does it still count?
  • Options
    Matt Marvel:
    ejenne87:
    sightunseen:
    Matt Marvel:
    Is anyone still standing? UCONN is in my only final four team still standing but I have them losing next game. This was my worst bracket in all the years I've been doing one.
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    dwayne3307:
    Matt Marvel:
    ejenne87:
    sightunseen:
    Matt Marvel:
    Is anyone still standing? UCONN is in my only final four team still standing but I have them losing next game. This was my worst bracket in all the years I've been doing one.

I too still have Uconn alive but not advancing. My other question is are we basing the results on points or correct picks? It was never really established at the start and I dislike the way yahoo scoring works ...... In all the bracket pools I am in we are using total # of correct picks. If its using yahoo's points Matt and Zeebra are at 54 and Vulchor and I are at 53 yet the total # of correct pics 36 of 60 .... just curious ?
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    wow, so it looks like I am the only one that can still make points and improve my standings. For that to happen though, UCONN has to win it all. This is by far my worst bracket ever, but if UCONN wins it will be the only bracket in which I have correctly picked the overall champion. I can't believe VCU is in the Final Four!!! I hope they win now haha
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    ejenne87:
    wow, so it looks like I am the only one that can still make points and improve my standings. For that to happen though, UCONN has to win it all. This is by far my worst bracket ever, but if UCONN wins it will be the only bracket in which I have correctly picked the overall champion. I can't believe VCU is in the Final Four!!! I hope they win now haha

Rub it in why don't ya, lol...
    I just need to know were I'm sending these sticks...
  • Options
    rossdavey2rossdavey2 Posts: 979
    RCY Cigars:
    ejenne87:

Rub it in why don't ya, lol...
    I just need to know were I'm sending these sticks...
    +1 When w ehave this worked out can some one let me know.
  • Options
    Sight, if I may interject with my opinion here---your decision is final, as its your game of course........Yahoo Scoring should be the way to do this. I am the exact opposite of King Im afraid, as I am not a huge fan of the scoring because it doesnt assisgn MORE points to games as the tourney wears on. Every pool I have ever done has an increase of some kind in scoring for each round as a way to reward those who pick correctly further into the tourney...this is standard for most pools and the way we have done it each of the past 2 years here as well.

As far as tiebreakers....Whoever has a chance to finish 1 or 2 at the time of the championship game should submit a total final score (1st tiebreaker) and then a score for each team individually (2nd tiebreaker----closest to each teams real score added together)----This is the way it was done in a pool many years ago when the 3 guys left did not have any teams in the championship game.....Either submit them on here, or via PM to Sight if that is more fair.
  • Options
    So I looked up the rules on yahoo regarding tiebreakers and here is what it said:

At the end of the game, if two or more players finish with the same overall point total, the following system will be used to break the tie:

1. Closest to the total points scored by both teams in the final game
    2. Closest to the total points scored by the winning team in the final game
    3. Closest to the total points scored by the losing team in the final game

Since it looks like there is already an mechanism in place, I recommend that we leave it as is. If you feel like that we should set up some sort of redundant backup system, please let me know.
  • Options
    As for the distribution of prizes, there will be a first and second place (as mentioned in my first post). Based on the total of 13 players, there will be a pot of 65 sticks. For second place, I am recommending 15 sticks, with the remainder going to the winner. Second place will not have to send sticks to the winner.

For simplicity sake, the three players after the runner up on the list (in the first post) will send their sticks to him. The rest of the players will send the sticks to player one. Does that sound fair to everyone? Suggestions, as always, are welcome.
  • Options
    Sounds good to me.
  • Options
    I have no problem with this.