Comments

• Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    ellinas:
    you have a pm
    replied...thanks Brotha!
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, love to golf!! Figure to revive this thread!:-) :-) :-) :-)
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    one of our club's biggest tourneys starts today, could really use a victory!
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    I was kicked off a putt putt course one time. Turns out those aren't the best places to drop acid
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Direwolf:
    I was kicked off a putt putt course one time. Turns out those aren't the best places to drop acid

They get a bit miffed when you drive from the third hole and bust someone's windshield, too. Just sayin'...
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    MVW67:

Thanks for doing so, looking to upgrade my putter and drivers. I've been using a Callaway Diablo set for the last two years. Love them, but my putter sucks. I have a old Wilson something. It gets the job done on some days. But I really need to get more consistent in that department.
  • Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    I'm a diehard golfer myself. Check out the cleveland classics putters. Find a store or proshop that you can demo one. They have great feel and are dirt cheap. Putting for me is more about how comfortable I feel standing over the ball. These putters have a really nice look and feel. Budgetgolf.com is another good place to find some deals. As with anything, practice, practice, practice. We talkin' bout practice?
  • Options
    marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    Rockbottomgolf.com is another great site for name brand discounted clubs. I love playing, and can't wait to get home and play in August. Tobacco Road here I come!
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Nice, thanks for the information. I will have to check out those websites.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just snuck in 18 this AM. The course we played it is way harder then where i usually play = many many lost balls. Oh well, enjoyed a few beers & some good company so it was a good time.

Also, anybody use GolfNow.com to book tee times? If not, you should check it out - they have some great discounts.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    jgibv:
    Just snuck in 18 this AM. The course we played it is way harder then where i usually play = many many lost balls. Oh well, enjoyed a few beers & some good company so it was a good time.

Also, anybody use GolfNow.com to book tee times? If not, you should check it out - they have some great discounts.
    It is saved on my favorites bar. I can usually save about 50% off normal rates in my area, and some friends of mine use it on a regular basis up in Columbus.
  • Options
    marineatbn03:
    jgibv:

It is saved on my favorites bar. I can usually save about 50% off normal rates in my area, and some friends of mine use it on a regular basis up in Columbus.
    Yep that's how we've booked all our tee times for the past 2 years for the public courses.
    We usually save at least 30% off regular rates - the only time we don't use it is for private courses (obviously) or if we have other coupons like from Groupon.

• Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Im a diehard golfer, too. Love it. Going to Myrtle beach in a couple weeks. Gonna do a lot of golfing while I'm there.
  • Options
    Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    Raining today here was scheduled for a morning round. Will be out tomorrow morning. Last 18 shot 72. Struggling to get under par this year.
  • Options
    BigT06:
    Im a diehard golfer, too. Love it. Going to Myrtle beach in a couple weeks. Gonna do a lot of golfing while I'm there.
    Play the world tour, its worth it!
  • Options
    Roberto99:
    Raining today here was scheduled for a morning round. Will be out tomorrow morning. Last 18 shot 72. Struggling to get under par this year.
    I wish I had that problem, I shoot low 80's on average, and have broken into the 70's once.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    marineatbn03:
    BigT06:
    Play the world tour, its worth it!
    I've played it. Very fun. I have my personal favorites down there though that I usually stick to. We usually only hit 1 "new" course each trip.
  • Options
    kevin1323kevin1323 Posts: 294
    I play about as much golf as a guy with 2 kids under 3yrs old can without getting in trouble. Actually playing 18 tonight after work. I have a EP Carillo New Wave and a LADC Mi Amor to join me.
  • Options
    Very nice brother. Enjoy it. When I was home last my wife actually said "you need to get out and play more golf" I was floored, she went and pulled a crazy Ivan on me.
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    RCY Cigars:
    MVW67:

Thanks for doing so, looking to upgrade my putter and drivers. I've been using a Callaway Diablo set for the last two years. Love them, but my putter sucks. I have a old Wilson something. It gets the job done on some days. But I really need to get more consistent in that department.
    I have a Oddyssey, best thing Ive ever putted with. They are on sale right now at Rock Bottom.
  • Options
    StreaterStreater Posts: 293
    Direwolf:
    I beg to differ. Dome of those places are far out, Man.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    When I was younger,, much younger, I used to work and caddy at the Olympic Club (US Open) Loved it,, The seaside course is brutal!! Or it used to be, the course has been changed quite a bit over the years due to erosion..,, These days I dont get out nearly as much as I'd like to,, Pretty decent short game.
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Me. I'm golfer.
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    The Kid:
    When I was younger,, much younger, I used to work and caddy at the Olympic Club (US Open) Loved it,, The seaside course is brutal!! Or it used to be, the course has been changed quite a bit over the years due to erosion..,, These days I dont get out nearly as much as I'd like to,, Pretty decent short game.
    You were younger?
  • Options
    Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    The Kid:
    That is very cool! I've been to Pebble Beach but not The Olympic Club. Did you ever get a caddy day where you got to play? (like Caddyshack?)
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Roberto99:
    The Kid:
    That is very cool! I've been to Pebble Beach but not The Olympic Club. Did you ever get a caddy day where you got to play? (like Caddyshack?)
    Not that i can remember,, but I wasnt much of a player then,,They treated us caddy's very well though,,Love that movie!!!!
  • Options
    i know i've posted some cigar pics from the golf course before, but don't think i've elaborated much on how my "game" is....well let me say, it's not much to write home about, LOL.
    i've only been playing for a few years and i don't usually get out more than a half dozen times/year - i enjoy it, but to me - it's more of an excuse to play "hooky" with friends, smoke some cigars and have a few beers in the middle of a week day.

but i wanted to share this pic from last weekend - from the "father/son" golf tournament at my dad's club. my score wasn't great, but i didn't lose too many golf balls so it was all good IMO - and on the 18th hole I had a he11 of a chip shot for par (5) ... chipped it in from about 80 yds out, great way to end the round

(me, dad, step-brother)

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Cool pic bro. From that distance, you look like the Beards stunt double; even though the Beard does his own stunts.
  • Options
    kevin1323kevin1323 Posts: 294
    marineatbn03:
    Very nice brother. Enjoy it. When I was home last my wife actually said "you need to get out and play more golf" I was floored, she went and pulled a crazy Ivan on me.
    TAKE ADVANTAGE! There is a built in motivation for my wife to get me out on the course, b/c we are members at a club. If I don't play, that $ is a total waste. Last year I couldn't really play at all b/c she was pregnant with our second and was on a modified bed rest and couldn't lift our first child. This year I am making up for lost time. Trying to get out again this evening after work.
  • Options
    james40:
    Cool pic bro. From that distance, you look like the Beards stunt double; even though the Beard does his own stunts.
    thanks. one of the only pics i have of us on the course so i'm definitely going to print it and put it with the other "family" pics i have framed.

(off topic) and yeah - my beards getting out of control - i still wouldn't put it in the same league as "The Beard's" legendary beard though...

electric razor broke about a month ago and i've not yet found a good replacement. i've gone through 5 of the rechargeable piece of $hit ones in the last year and i refuse to get another "lithium-ion powered" POS - i want to find one that's corded/runs off of AC power so hopefully it will last for a while.
    gonna go shopping this weekend because beard + 90 degree weather = bad move, hot!