Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Any golfers out there?

Comments

• Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Good luck! It's tournament time. I'm guaranteed 2 more matches in the matchplay bracket. Then 2 day strokeplay next weekend, and club championship 2 weeks after that. I guess I won't be doing any fishing anytime soon. I'm hoping I can build up enough winnings to go on a shopping spree in the proshop lol.
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Just won city tournament in my flight yesterday, pretty stoked, 13 hncp, shot 83,83,78!
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    Sandbagger! Just kidding. Congrats Mike. I (3 hncp) shot 80, 81 this weekend to finish second in my flight by 1 stroke. I had to take an unplayable and a lost ball Sunday and it cost me. I'll feel better when I start spending that prize money though.
  • Options
    Somebody said if I took it serious, I wouldn't have such a high handicap, but what fun is that!!LOL
  • Options
    wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    Camacho is giving away some nice looking irons on their facebook page.
  • Options
    Woohoo! 2012 Pinon Hills Club Champion. It's not quite as cool as what McIlroy pulled off this weekend, but I'm pretty proud none the less.
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    pelirrojo:
    Woohoo! 2012 Pinon Hills Club Champion. It's not quite as cool as what McIlroy pulled off this weekend, but I'm pretty proud none the less.
    Congratulations my friend! What was your total?
  • Options
    81, 74 for a 155 and a 6 stroke victory.
  • Options
    I played in another tournament this past weekend. This one was just north of Durango, Colorado. I didn't play very well, but I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.
    I probably didn't play well because I was too busy enjoying the scenery.
  • Options
    consistant 80-90 player here
  • Options
    Float from 10-13 hncp, good 10, better 13, if i hit 14 -15 best around LOL, but never really take it too seriously, well sometimes won City B Flight 82, 82, 78 not bad. Seems like the pressure rounds play tons better.
  • Options
    THE SNOW IS MELTED AND THE COURSE IS OPEN AGAIN!!!!!!! Yeah I'm yelling, sorry. I'm playing flog(golf) tomorrow. Got myself a new(to me) set of irons this winter. Swwwwweeeeeet set of Mizuno MP-32s. I went blades because I'm a lunatic. Getty up boys it's go time. I have to defend my club champion title this year.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Somebody, PLEASE come to Ga. to play!!

I got $20 on the 18 holes...

But I'll put a solid $1k on the longest drive... but, no, seriously, $1k...
  • Options
    Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    BigT06:

I would love to take you up on that, but I think most of my serious playing days are behind me. I have some nerve and back problems that may well be sidelining me, unless I can find someone that can help me get cured. In my early-mid 20's I was a zero hdcp. I was a 6 hdcp last year but probably should have been 10.(formula makes it hard for that hdcp number to go up apparently). My longest drive on a course was 380, wind aided, with a circa 1998 driver. But like I said, those days are behind me now.
  • Options
    RobIsSweetRobIsSweet Posts: 266 ✭✭✭
    does disc golf count? :D
  • Options
    macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    Have Played for 20+ years, due to bad shoulder I only play the occasional 9
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    RobIsSweet:
    does disc golf count? :D
    I like disc golf but haven't invested in my own discs, yet. I like that all the courses I know about are free. I'm a reformed golfer...it got too expensive when I first got married to keep up my 3x a week habit so I quit pretty much cold turkey. Finally sold my clubs a few years ago after only going to the range a couple of times in 8 or 9 years and hitting the links once in that time.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    BigT06:

This could be interesting...... .
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    BigT06:

Where are you in Georgia??? I'm in Jacksonville. Been thinking of planning a trip to Jekyll Island here soon.
  • Options
    Oh..... and just to be clear, I am not a very long driver so I'm certainly not interested in your $1k challenge! LOL.
  • Options
    Why don't I just tell you how far I drive it out here at a mile above sea level and then you send me 5 bucks? Sound like a deal?
  • Options
    pelirrojo:
    Why don't I just tell you how far I drive it out here at a mile above sea level and then you send me 5 bucks? Sound like a deal?
    Well???? We're waiting!!!!
  • Options
    MVW67:
    pelirrojo:
    Well???? We're waiting!!!!

Not really all that far, I'm just a wee lad. Definitely not that far right now because it's cold and wet. Buuuut, in the dead of summer I can pretty consistently hit it in the 275 to 300 range. I apparently gained 10 pounds this winter, maybe that will help.
  • Options
    First tournament of the year was Saturday. I shot 75 with a 42 front and 33 back. Tied for first. I think it's going to be a good year.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    pelirrojo:
    First tournament of the year was Saturday. I shot 75 with a 42 front and 33 back. Tied for first. I think it's going to be a good year.
    75? I once mixed tequila and golf and shot 75 on the front 9.

Seriously, I love golf not much of a player. I'm happy to break 100 but its nice to get out there.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    pelirrojo:
    So that's what you're doing in your avatar photo.
    I once shot a 90. But I cheated.
  • Options
    BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    Any one of the socal brothers or southwest borthers for that matter play Pelican Hill in Newport? I am heading down there late spring and wanted to know if anyone has played it. Read the reviews but wanted a first hand account.
  • Options
    Our pro/scratch matchplay bracket started this week. I drew the club champion from 2 years ago. Played him yesterday and the match went 18 holes. I won 1 up and advanced to the second round. I also have a wicked sunburn.
  • Options
    pelirrojo:
    Our pro/scratch matchplay bracket started this week. I drew the club champion from 2 years ago. Played him yesterday and the match went 18 holes. I won 1 up and advanced to the second round. I also have a wicked sunburn.
    That's awesome (except the sunburn!). Congratulations. Hope you do well the rest of the tournament!
  • Options
    Sooon!:-)