Options

Any golfers out there?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    MVW67:
    Sooon!:-)
    Look at Mike .. wishing for spring, dusting off his clubs, and digging up a three year old thread.. You must really miss the game.
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    MVW67:
    Look at Mike .. wishing for spring, dusting off his clubs, and digging up a three year old thread.. You must really miss the game.
    Getting ready for Florida in March...lol:-)
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    MVW67:
    kaspera79:
    MVW67:
    Getting ready for Florida in March...lol:-)
    I will be in Biloxi in March....
  • Options
    Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    Im addicted to it. I havent taken it seriously in about 3 years even though I practice almost everyday. Im about to start getting serious and playing in some tournaments.
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanatos0320:
    Im addicted to it. I havent taken it seriously in about 3 years even though I practice almost everyday. Im about to start getting serious and playing in some tournaments.
    Very cool, glad to hear!!
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I was in ***'s the other night staring at the "trade in your old set for 50% more credit towards any new set" sign, Damn I hate being on a zero allowance this year........
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I've only played one game ever, but it was pretty fun. It was right before I came out here, I ordered a set of Adams Tight Lies and they are currently at the house waiting on me. I can't wait to get home and take them out.
  • Options
    What does everyone play with? I play with:

driver: 9.5 cleveland launcher
    3 wood: 15 degree cleveland hibore
    5 wood: 19 degree cleveland hibore
    irons: 3-pw Titleist cb 710
    Sandwedge: 56 degree vokey
    Gapwedge: 52 degree Mizuno MP
    Putter: 1990 Mizuno Scotty Cameron The Reason
  • Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Man I miss playing. From the time I was 12 i worked for local golf courses and played all the time. Since my first year of college I haven't had the time or money to play much, hopefully this summer I'll get back into it.
    To answer your question I play strictly with my irons,, none of the pro's I have worked with could figure out why I can't hit my woods as consistently, I have an old set of King Cobra clones that I bought in high school and still love. My brother gave me a taylor made burner rifle shaft 2-iron for christmas quite a few years ago that I still need to get reshafted, it's a stiff flex and I definitely need a medium or lower.
  • Options
    perkinke:
    Man I miss playing. From the time I was 12 i worked for local golf courses and played all the time. Since my first year of college I haven't had the time or money to play much, hopefully this summer I'll get back into it.
    To answer your question I play strictly with my irons,, none of the pro's I have worked with could figure out why I can't hit my woods as consistently, I have an old set of King Cobra clones that I bought in high school and still love. My brother gave me a taylor made burner rifle shaft 2-iron for christmas quite a few years ago that I still need to get reshafted, it's a stiff flex and I definitely need a medium or lower.
    there could be a number of reasons why you couldn't hit your woods consistently: face is out of alignment, swing is too steep, and many other reasons. Try to swing all clubs the exact same way you swing your favorite club and you'll be fine.
  • Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, after i got to thinking about it there was one driver that I really liked, it was a King Cobra 10 degree with an offset head. I tried to figure my swing issue out for a while, but then figured that since i don't enjoy tournaments and don't keep score to begin with I'd just play and enjoy it rather than let it cause me stress and worry. :)
  • Options
    TwoThingismTwoThingism Posts: 121
    I play for fun with my friends to basically drink and smoke cigars. Best score I ever got was a 120. Don't be jelly :)
  • Options
    TwoThingism:
    I play for fun with my friends to basically drink and smoke cigars. Best score I ever got was a 120. Don't be jelly :)
    That was your total score for a 4 day tournament wasn't it? :P
  • Options
    honorknight7honorknight7 Posts: 523
    Cant golf, titanium cage and a bolts in the spine wont let me twist much, but wanted to learn just before they got put in when I was ok :(
  • Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Thanatos0320:
    What does everyone play with? I play with:

driver: 9.5 cleveland launcher
    3 wood: 15 degree cleveland hibore
    5 wood: 19 degree cleveland hibore
    irons: 3-pw Titleist cb 710
    Sandwedge: 56 degree vokey
    Gapwedge: 52 degree Mizuno MP
    Putter: 1990 Mizuno Scotty Cameron The Reason

Nice putter. I have an M100 that is collecting dust in my closet.

Driver: 10.5 Taylormade R11 (Probably going to lose its spot this year)
    3 wood: 15 Callaway Razr Fit
    3 Hybrid: 19 Taylormade Raylor
    4 Iron: Mizuno MP 60
    5-P: Mizuno MP 32
    Gap wedge: Nike SV Tour 52/08 (Probably going to lose its spot this year)
    Sand wedge: Cleveland 588 RTX 56/14
    Lob wedge: Cleveland Tour Action 588 60/04
    Putter: 34" Scotty Cameron Kombi S(H)

Also on a high note, I shot my lowest 2 rounds of the year so far this past weekend. 77 Saturday and 75 Sunday on a course rated 73.9/139
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TwoThingism:
    If I ever make it to Hawaii, we will play a round of 18.
    I'll give you some good competition for the "high score".....

If it wasn't for the beer and cigars, I wouldn't go!!!
    I usually consider it a "good golf day" if I down a 6-er or more, nub 2+ cigars, and lose less than a dozen balls. If I hit all those then it was a great day IMO.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *