Home General Discussion

THANK YOU Lakota72 and CCOM BOTL'S

Comments

• laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Nice work Cabi. That piece of furniture could last for hundreds of years.

Imagine all the stories and memories that will be wrapped into that cabinet eventually. Very KEWL.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Looks great. Good work Cabi!
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Oooohhhhh. I like that.
    One God, One Truth
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a beautiful cabinet and truly an amazing thing you guys did. Things like that just don't happen much in this world very often. Can't wait to see a pic of it stocked.
  • very cool gesture and awesome looking cabinet
  • Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Just so everyone knows, RCYcigars is an amazing BOTL. He is the one who introduced me to cigars and taught me a lot. He is a great individual and an absolutely amazing Soldier. He is a fire and forget type of person-give him a task and it's done before you remember you tasked it.

It is because of his positive attitude, great friendship, and mentorship that I felt this was an appropriate thing to do. Thank you to everyone who helped in this process and a BIG thank you to Greg for building such a beautiful cabinet.
  • AJGARLETTAJGARLETT Posts: 648
    looking great Rick and Cabinetmaker!! Hey Rick, need any help stocking that thing??? ;)
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Did the rest get there yet?
  • RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    cabinetmaker:
    Did the rest get there yet?

Have not gotten anything yet. Still waiting.....

• ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Can't believe I missed this, glad to see most of it has arrived! Can't wait to see that beast stocked up!
    It should have been there 2 days ago...
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    had a usps box that shoulda been delivered sat. but didnt come till monday even thought the tracking showed it here sat. morning, maybe he will get it today , someone forgot it somehow, mail delivery person maybe?
    cabinetmaker:
    It should have been there 2 days ago...
    BUMP
    This was so much fun to take part in... I REALLY want to see the finished piece in it's new home.
    Should have posted yesterday. Got the remaining pieces and going to put it together. Cabinetmaker even sent some beads for it so, I can season it. I will take a picture during this process also. Can't say enough how thankful and excited I am.
    How long on average does it take to season a humi of that size?
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    How long on average does it take to season a humi of that size?
    Spray her down with the garden hose, that will do the trick ;) Seriously, great humi my friend. Hell of a job cabi.
  • DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    Its been 2hrs and 50min... YOU'VE HAD TIME! I want to see the pictures...
    DSWarmack:
    Its been 2hrs and 50min... YOU'VE HAD TIME! I want to see the pictures...

Lol, your right had plenty of time. Also have a wife and kid too, lol. Welcome back DS, I was going to put you on the MIA list.

Well, here are the pictures for starting the seasoning process.
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    That's real good looking. Gonna look great when you fill her up.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Rick that's one beautiful humi you've got there! Greg amazing work brother!
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    DANG! That is a gorgeous humidor, Rick. Congrats.
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Man, that thing really does look sweet! The shelves look great. Have fun filling that sucker up Rick, and awesome job Cabbie!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Beautiful cabinet and I love those drawers. Congrats bro.
    SWEET.
  • DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    Holy $hit! That is beautiful!
  • amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    Very Nice, Well done Cabbie !!!!
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Rick, who's laying claim to that couch next to the humi? I'd be willing to hold it down for ya. It's win-win for you....your couch won't float away and your sticks will have 'round-the-clock protection services from yours truely.
    I think my son would say him, lol. But don't worry, the cabinet is safe. Unless the earthquake got my house badly. I need to get home, seriously.
  • amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    RCY Cigars:
    But don't worry, the cabinet is safe. Unless the earthquake hot my house badly. I need to get home, seriously.
    That was the first thing I checked when I got home, then the TV. All ok and accounted for.
    Looks good, glad it didn't get shook up too bad in the quake. But if it made the trip from here to there intact I think a 5.9 is nothing. You might fill a spray bottle with some distilled water and mist the drawer and shelf; speed things up a bit.