Home Non Cigar Related
Options

MMA Junkies in here

Comments

• Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Yeah it really sucks. I hope he can come back and not suffer any set backs as a result. I'm pumped for Diaz vs Condit. My money is the fight doesn't last past the first round lol

As far as Jones vs Machida goes I'm not a fan of either but I really respect and admire Machida's style but don't know how well it'll pair up with the reach of Jones. I wanna see somebody come out and blitz Jones. Nobody has pushed it to him to open the fight and I'd like to see how he'd respond. I want it to be Machida but I think Jones is gonna win.
  • Options
    TeegeTeege Posts: 660
    Jones it is... And little nog beats huge nog to boot lol
  • Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    Crazy submission by frank mir, awesome fight, and machida looked real good in the first round, looks like jones gets a little impatient, but Jones is an awesome fighter
  • Options
    CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    big chunks:
    Crazy submission by frank mir, awesome fight, and machida looked real good in the first round, looks like jones gets a little impatient, but Jones is an awesome fighter
    +1...killer fights...hated Big Nog had to get his shoulder broke to tap, but these guyz r beast...
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Well, that's it...I can't say anything about Jon Jones anymore, the dude cemented his place at #1. I hate that Big Nog had to get stupid and go for the sub, he was so close to a tko stoppage and he could have gotten it. Hats off to Mir though, that was an impressive comeback. How good was the Korean Zombie? I haven't seen Hominick get tooled like that.
  • Options
    I didn't get to see the fights but yeah Jones has really made his mark. 3 champion/former champion defeats in 1 year is ridiculous. Esp since none of them are washed up. I still don't like Jones but I respect his in cage abilities even more now. Yeah it sounded like Nog almost had more done he was all wobbled and then decided to choke him which seems very strange. If I was him I'd wanna get the TKO seeing as Mir TKO'ed him in their last fight. I saw he won in like 7 seconds. Ridiculous!
  • Options
    i cant wait till/if he fights Evans, i think Jones is the real deal
  • Options
    asianbiker8asianbiker8 Posts: 551
    Anyone know how the condition of big nog? I know his arm was broken, but I can't find anyone that says how bad it was.
  • Options
    His humerus was broken, the doctors decided it didn't require surgery and will completely heal on its own.

Here's a link to an article with an x-ray. http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/12/11/2627746/ufc-140-results-photo-big-nog-broken-arm-x-ray-frank-mir
  • Options
    asianbiker8asianbiker8 Posts: 551
    That means better chance of recovery, but still, major ouch!
  • Options
    anybody gonna watch the strikeforce event tomorrow, im going for Melendez should be a good fight
  • Options
    I'll probably be watching it. Melendez will likely take it, but I'm not counting Masvidal out. I'm looking forward to the Mousasi OSP fight, I'd like to see Gegard in a promotion where he can be challenged consistently and see if he is as good as he is/was thought to be or if that was all hype from fighting lower level competition.
  • Options
    Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    I'll be watching. I got Melendez finishing it in the second round but I can see it going all five rounds. I'm interested in that Mousasi/OSP fight too. I would love to see the upset. OSP has looked really good in his past few fights. I'm watching Legacy on HDNET right now. I barley recognize any names, but these larger regional shows are usually really good.
  • Options
    Very excited to see how Gegard does. I really hope he comes motivated as he seems to be a beast but half the time seems like he could care less about the fight when he's in big fight situations.
  • Options
    Gil needs to step up his game if he wants to be taken seriously as a top LW...it was obvious that Masvidal was outclassed, yet Gil was comfortable coasting to a decision...I don't know, maybe I'm just being critical, but color me unimpressed. Cyborg, on the other hand, was in there against someone who had no business challenging her...and she took care of things quickly. I'm not impressed so much with the fact that Cyborg beat her, but how she beat her...I keep thinking that Cyborg is a sex-changed mini-clone of a prime Axe Murderer.
  • Options
    Yeah Melendez seems like he was just in there to win and didn't care about actually trying to impress anyone. I think he'd get handled by Edgar at this point. Before I thought it'd be great but now I'm not so sure. And Cyborg being an Axe Murderer Clone is pretty spot on. He I mean She is just so nasty
  • Options
    It's kinda funny, Gil was talking about how he's done more to deserve a shot than Ben Henderson, yet Bendo would handle him easily.
  • Options
    Agreed. Guys like Bendo and Edgar hit the gas and don't let off. They hunt and try to finish they don't just go out and try to do enough to win.
  • Options
    A reminder to any MMA fans out there. UFC 141 is TONIGHT!!! Not tomorrow night. Lesnar v. Overeem!! Man, I am so stoked for this fight card tonight. I'll be rooting for Lesnar but I think Overeem by TKO in 1st. Hopefully I am wrong.

Overeem by TKO in 1st.
    Cerrone by UD in the fight of the night
    Fitch by UD
    Gustaffson
    Nam Phan

Happy New Years everyone!!

Rob
  • Options
    I'm having a hard time making a pick. It has become obvious that Brock doesn't respond well to being hit, but.the man has a damn good chin. I'm thinking the first few minutes will be very telling...if Brock can take Reem down and hold him I think he wears Reem down and wins by tko3, conversely if Reem can stuff the takedown Brock is in for a long couple rounds until he gets tko'ed.

This is out of character for me, but I'm going to pick Lesnar to win.
    Diaz by sub
    Fitch UD
    Gustaffson tko
    Hettes UD
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    I'm having a hard time making a pick. It has become obvious that Brock doesn't respond well to being hit, but.the man has a damn good chin. I'm thinking the first few minutes will be very telling...if Brock can take Reem down and hold him I think he wears Reem down and wins by tko3, conversely if Reem can stuff the takedown Brock is in for a long couple rounds until he gets tko'ed.

This is out of character for me, but I'm going to pick Lesnar to win.
    Diaz by sub
    Fitch UD
    Gustaffson tko
    Hettes UD
    You better pick Lesnar Joe. He's always came back better and badder after a loss, other than that I agree with picks.
  • Options
    ug danug dan Posts: 375
    that was quick
  • Options
    Never in a million years did I think Fitch would get knocked out in 12 seconds. That was crazy...I don't think that makes Johnny Henricks the next big thing, but it sure as hell doesn't look good for Fitch.

As much as I though Lesnar really could pull off the win, I'm not at all surprised at how the fight went...he got hit by one knee and was scared to engage, that made the possibility of a takedown pretty slim. I still don't think Overeem is the best heavyweight striker though, too much is made of his K-1 GP win...he wouldn't have gotten that win if a) Badr Hari hadn't gotten disqualified, and b) He'd have fought Semmy Schilt, basically he had an easy road in the GP final 8. I think JDS handles Reem, first or second round KO.
  • Options
    I thought it was a good night of fights. Alot of crazy *** went on.

Hettes beating Nam Phan was great. This kid is going to be very good. Hopefully they don't throw him to the wolves to quick. Fitch getting laid out in 12 seconds was nuts. I never saw that one coming. I don't think Hendricks has enough of a well rounded game to be a serious challenge for the title, but, with the power in his left hand he could be scary.

I hate the Diaz brothers. As people I have no respect for them. As fighters I have all the respect in the world for their talents. Nate is looking better and better each time he comes out to fight. I wouldn't be surprised if we see him wearing the lightweight title by this time 2012 or early 2013.

What is left to be said of the Brock v. Overeem fight. Brock looked like crap. His stand up game had never really evolved. I was surprised to see him throw a few leg kicks but they didn't seem to hurt Overeem one bit. He wasn't going to respects Brocks stand up one bit. And why should be. Brocks only chance was to get this fight to the ground, but he only tried for one single legged take down. ONE!!! What the hell was that?? It seemed like he didn't want to fight. He had already given up before the fight even started. I still am a fan of his and I thought he did the right thing in retiring. After coming back twice from serious illness you could tell his mind and heart were not in it anymore. We didn't get to see enough out of Overeem in the fight. Those knees looked good and that liver kick was brutal. I can't wait to watch him and JDS fight for the belt. JDS likes to stand and bang so this should be a great stand up battle. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long for this fight to happen.

Rob
  • Options
    I think The Reem showed a lot of mental toughness in this camp/fight. Between his mom being sick, the licensing issues, camp jumping countries, and then to get sued the day before the fight and find out your purse is going to be put into escrow and not get paid until the lawsuit is settled is a lot to be dumped on anybody. I agree with Joe that his K-1 win is talked up as he did have a much easier route than he should have. I think it'll come down to how many shots that Overeem can take looking to land his big shots which I feel like will be his undoing against JDS. I really hope he can provide quality depth to the HW division. They need it terribly.
  • Options
    I sure hope the HW division gets some added depth too, Reem can't do that on his own though...they need guys like Josh Barnett, Daniel Cormier...hell, even Bigfoot Silva would be a decent addition. I really hope they plan to bring most of the Strikeforce Heavies over.
  • Options
    I'd also like to see Sergei Kharitonov come to the UFC. Do I think he can hang with the top guys no. Do I think he'd make for a great gatekeeper and spoiler for up and comers absolutely
  • Options
    Cyborg popped for roids.....shocking.....lol
  • Options
    Was wondering why it hasn't happened before. Back to UFC 141 Nate Diaz looked real good that fight I think he should fight Maynard next see how much he's improved against wrestlers even though I think they fought twice already
  • Options
    jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    Nate's boxing was top notch that night!! I would have liked to see him and Cerrone work the ground game but they both wanted to stand and bang it out. Diaz does have a Brown Belt in Jiu-Jitsu and has been training for many years. Fighting a skilled wrestler and winning would def make a huge statement for him!