Home Non Cigar Related
Options

MMA Junkies in here

Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    ENFIDL:
    j0z3r:
    So, I don't know about last night. I don't have a problem with the decision, Condit did enough to win (as did Diaz depending on how you look at it), but I do take issue with the scores, no way in hell did Condit win 4 rounds.
    I didn't see it but it sounded like the consensus either thought he should have lost because he fought with his head and didn't fight Diaz's fight or that he won only 3 rounds and not 4.
    I think he won, he did fight a smart fight, he avoided letting Diaz put him against the cage and work combos and he stayed mobile avoiding a dogfight. I don't always put faith in the compustrike numbers telling the tale if a fight, but in this case I think they do; quite simply Condit landed more total strikes and that's where the fight was decided. I think he won 3/5 rounds, and I wouldn't have had a problem with round 3 being scored a draw. I just hope that when Condit v GSP happens, we see a Carlos Condit who is less hesitant in the opening rounds.
  • Options
    asianbiker8asianbiker8 Posts: 551
    I hope condit changes things up and makes things exciting with gsp. Gsp is such a great technical fighter, that watching him puts me to sleep.
  • Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    i personally think Diaz won but i can really understand why Condit got the decision, looks like Condit is a master in Greg Jackson fighting now by fighting for points/ decision victorys, good news is i think Dana just put up its gonna be a rematch for may i think back in Vegas, looks like a road trip for me, lol hopefully diaz works on his takedowns and tries to finish because Condit is just gonna back up and kick again
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Wow roller coaster the last few days. Dana says Condit vs Diaz rematch is on now Diaz has been popped for the refer again and his brother insists he is staying retired. I wonder who will get the next shot if Condit chooses not to wait on GSP. Kos, Ellenberger, Hendriks?
  • Options
    Nick will be Nick, not surprised that he is on the reefer, but I am surprised he got popped, I figured he was a master of the herbal flush routine. This is a bit off the tracks, but I think the punishment doesn't fit the crime in this case...it's a pretty hard sell to convince me that pot enhances performance in any way, with the exception of making Nick Diaz halfway sociable. On the one hand I realize that marijuana use is against NSAC rules and I'm fine with that, but on the other hand I'm not ok with the sentence that will likely be handed down...everybody knows Nick Diaz smokes weed, almost everybody knows he has no intention of not smoking weed, I guess that's the roundabout way of saying a year + 40% of his fight purse is beyond excessive. Not condoning what Diaz does, but I'm of the camp that what an adult does in their own time is their business, exempting steroids of course, and not the AC's. Perhaps they should test for alcohol metabolites too. Ok, I'm off my soapbox.

On the other topic, I can see either Condit v Ellenberger or Ellenberger v Hendricks for no 1 contender. I'm guessing it will depend on how soon they want Condit back in there.
  • Options
    Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    Rampage missed weight by 5 pounds for his fight against Ryan "Darth" Bader tomorrow in Japan. WTH Rampage?!? How unprofessional. I don' t know what his excuse or excuses are, but, to me, it does not matter. You should never miss your weight. He will give 20% of his purse to Ryan though. The fight is still on, thank god. I'll be baco tomorrow with my predictions. I'm a Rampage fan but tomorrow I'll be pulling for.my bud Darth to KO him.
  • Options
    Disappointed he didn't make weight. I love Rampage though, I hope he wins!
  • Options
    Yeah I was pretty shocked Rampage missed weight so badly. He told Dana before the presser when he asked his weight that he didn't wanna know and they laughed. Still love Rampage though. He's too funny not too.

Picks:
    Edgar vs Henderson: Edgar but I could see it going either way. Picked Frankie based off of his ridiculous run that he's on.
    Rampage vs Bader: Rampage
    Pettis vs Lozon: Pettis
    Kongo vs Hunt: Kongo
    Shields vs Akiyama: Shields
    Okami vs Boetsch: Okami

I think they put together a great card for the Japan return
  • Options
    just finished watching Pettis with a beautiful highlight reel KO kick, wow he earns his nickname in showtime, anyway i hope shields wins tonight, going for Rampage, hopefully he works in a slam and im going for the upset in BENDO, i just think hes gonna pull it off but Edgar has proved me wrong before
  • Options
    By far one of the best UFC I've ever seen
  • Options
    big chunks:
    By far one of the best UFC I've ever seen
    It was an awesome card. Great fights. Great finishes. It seemed like everyone upped their game tonight. Congrats to the new champ. Bendo is a beast. I really hope to see a rematch within the next 12-18 months. Some great KO's tonight. And, you got to love the Japanese fans. Quiet but respectful. I do think I heard them boo Darth Bader at one point though.
  • Options
    I'm really hoping Edgar drops to 145 and fights Aldo now that he's not the champ. I'd love to see him and Aldo fight
  • Options
    ENFIDL:
    I'm really hoping Edgar drops to 145 and fights Aldo now that he's not the champ. I'd love to see him and Aldo fight
    I'd much rather have that than a rematch!
  • Options
    That was a pretty awesome card. Love seeing Mark Hunt do well, and I'm not gonna lie, I loved seeing Kongo get knocked out.

So does Cantwell get cut now?, he's now lost 5 in a row and obviously doesn't belong in the major league. I'd say Kid Yamamoto falls into that category too.

I wouldn't hate seeing Edgar go down, but I'd much rather see him stay at 155...I don't see how one loss all of a sudden makes him unable to compete at lightweight, and it's not like Bendo beat him down.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    That was a pretty awesome card. Love seeing Mark Hunt do well, and I'm not gonna lie, I loved seeing Kongo get knocked out.

So does Cantwell get cut now?, he's now lost 5 in a row and obviously doesn't belong in the major league. I'd say Kid Yamamoto falls into that category too.

I wouldn't hate seeing Edgar go down, but I'd much rather see him stay at 155...I don't see how one loss all of a sudden makes him unable to compete at lightweight, and it's not like Bendo beat him down.
    I def don't think he's unable I just wanna see him fight Aldo. I think Frankie is still one of the top 55'ers in the world.

I think Cantwell, Kid Yamamoto and Sexyama all have to go.

I think what Hunt is doing is awesome. Really glad to see him doing well in the UFC. Kongo is so d@mn arrogant that I love seeing him get destroyed. Well that and he's French...lol
  • Options
    Dana just said if Edgar drops he'd get an immediate title shot! Its just one fight, you know you'd watch!
  • Options
    ENFIDL:
    j0z3r:

I def don't think he's unable I just wanna see him fight Aldo. I think Frankie is still one of the top 55'ers in the world.

I think what Hunt is doing is awesome. Really glad to see him doing well in the UFC. Kongo is so d@mn arrogant that I love seeing him get destroyed. Well that and he's French...lol
    For sure I'd like to see Edgar at FW fighting Aldo, that would he epic. The second part wasn't in regards to what anyone here said, but rather the tone some articles on mma fan sites take. As far as dropping weight classes, Edgar could probably make BW pretty easy as well, wouldn't mind seeing him take Cruz's belt away.
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Bobbo2009:
    And, you got to love the Japanese fans. Quiet but respectful. I do think I heard them boo Darth Bader at one point though.
    I really loved that aspect of this UFC! Great fans in attendance. I wasn't sure why they booed during the Bader vs Rampage fight. I was really impressed that the entire arena booed the hometown favorite Akiyama for grabbing the fence not once but twice. If that's not class I don't know what is!
  • Options
    clearlysuspect:
    I really loved that aspect of this UFC! Great fans in attendance. I wasn't sure why they booed during the Bader vs Rampage fight. I was really impressed that the entire arena booed the hometown favorite Akiyama for grabbing the fence not once but twice. If that's not class I don't know what is!
    It was quite the contrast to the Brazilian fans, the laser pointers weren't needed =/
  • Options
    What do you guys think of this flyweight "tournament"? I love the idea of a 125 class, there are going to be some great fights. But this "tournament" looks to me like a squash match designed to have the UFC's marquee flyweight fighters into a title match... Ian McCall is the dark horse in this "tourney", and I wouldn't mind seeing him take it, but it seems like the "tournament" is simply a formality on the way to strapping the belt on either Mighty Mouse or Benevidez. Am I just being cynical here?
  • Options
    Of course it is haha. These fights should be amazing, the pace they fight at is so fun to watch.
  • Options
    After watching the weigh-ins, I'm rooting for Ian McCall to win the belt. Gotta love a guy who strokes his mustache during the stare-down. Anybody else watch? Is it just me, or does Mighty Mouse's head look even bigger at flyweight?
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    ENFIDL:
    j0z3r:

For sure I'd like to see Edgar at FW fighting Aldo, that would he epic. The second part wasn't in regards to what anyone here said, but rather the tone some articles on mma fan sites take. As far as dropping weight classes, Edgar could probably make BW pretty easy as well, wouldn't mind seeing him take Cruz's belt away.
    I totally understand. I've seen a lot of people flipping out saying that he's washed up and what not. I would love to see him at 35! He would match up really well with Cruz and Faber
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    After watching the weigh-ins, I'm rooting for Ian McCall to win the belt. Gotta love a guy who strokes his mustache during the stare-down. Anybody else watch? Is it just me, or does Mighty Mouse's head look even bigger at flyweight?
    McCall deserves to win because of that stache! That thing is epic. It needs it's own cornermen to take care of it between rounds. Mighty Mouse looked like a bobble head. It was great. I do agree that they stacked this tourny to favor who they want to fight for the belt but I could def see McCall spoiling the party just like Bigfoot did in the Strikeforce tourny.
  • Options
    ENFIDL:
    j0z3r:
    McCall deserves to win because of that stache! That thing is epic. It needs it's own cornermen to take care of it between rounds. Mighty Mouse looked like a bobble head. It was great. I do agree that they stacked this tourny to favor who they want to fight for the belt but I could def see McCall spoiling the party just like Bigfoot did in the Strikeforce tourny.

I didn't get a chance to catch the weigh ins. I am pulling for McCall to take the win tonight and the title later in the year. I love to watch him fight (most of the time. he has had a few snooze fests but who hasn't). Those two flyweight fights tonight should be classics. I can see both going the distance. Free fights are always good but tonight should be a great night!!

Rob
  • Options
    hey guys, wondering if you could help me out. if anyone could PM me a few forums dedicated to MMA id really appreciate it. im looking into sponsoring some forums but im not sure which are the most frequently visited. id appreciate it
  • Options
    acsamples79:
    hey guys, wondering if you could help me out. if anyone could PM me a few forums dedicated to MMA id really appreciate it. im looking into sponsoring some forums but im not sure which are the most frequently visited. id appreciate it
    PM Sent
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Sweet! Glad I caught you guys talking about this on here tonight. Didn't know there was an event going on! To the bat cave!!!
  • Options
    Anyone else think Uncle Creepy got robbed? Rd 3 should have been 10-8 McCall for domination imo.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Anyone else think Uncle Creepy got robbed? Rd 3 should have been 10-8 McCall for domination imo.
    Do I think he got robbed?? YES!! I think Uncle Creepy won that fight 29-28. Was it close? Hell yes it was. I can see it going either way, but my rose colored (or creepy looking) glasses say Ian won that fight. My guess is he will win one fight and be the next title contender.

Overall a great night of fights. Kampmann making that comeback sub was AWESOME!!! What a reversal. I nice KO by Benavidez. Him vs. Mighty Mouse will be a good fight. (Winner takes on Uncle Creepy I hope!).

Can't wait till tomorrow's Strikeforce card!!

Rob