Home Non Cigar Related
Options

MMA Junkies in here

Comments

• Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    danielzreyes:
    ENFIDL:
    Good night of fights. I was disappointed with the main event. Rashad is a tough dude though. He absorbed a ton a punishment with those elbows. Seemed like he was very hesitant. Rothwell showed up in the best shape I can ever remember seeing him in. Glad to see him take Schaub. I was like you Joe my mind was telling me one thing when I wanted the other lol Hendo vs Jones I see as a great fight. I really hope he comes out and just goes nuts on Jones from the opening bell
    yeah, the main event was a bit slow, but who else jabs with elbows? That's just nuts.
    That's true. I'm just a lil bitter because I worked a 12.5 hr shift yesterday then stayed up for the fights then got 3 hrs of sleep and am working a 12.5 hr shift right now lol His delivery on elbows is disgusting
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    ENFIDL:
    Good night of fights. I was disappointed with the main event. Rashad is a tough dude though. He absorbed a ton a punishment with those elbows. Seemed like he was very hesitant. Rothwell showed up in the best shape I can ever remember seeing him in. Glad to see him take Schaub. I was like you Joe my mind was telling me one thing when I wanted the other lol Hendo vs Jones I see as a great fight. I really hope he comes out and just goes nuts on Jones from the opening bell
    yeah, the main event was a bit slow, but who else jabs with elbows? That's just nuts.
    Uriah Faber fighting Mike Brown the second time...I guess with a broken hand you don't have a choice though.

So impressed with Rory and Michael, two young guns with future champion written all over them. I'd like to see Michael in with Cruz within the year, he's ready and I think he can win. Glad to see Big Ben win, but more importantly I'm happy Schaub didn't win...if he's going to make a career of mma he needs to learn how to fight smart since he doesn't have the toughest chin.

Jones Hendo oughta be interesting. Beyond that who is there? Davis sure as hell isn't ready, Gustaffson could use at least two more top level fights...waiting for a Jones Dos Santos super fight.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    danielzreyes:
    ENFIDL:
    Uriah Faber fighting Mike Brown the second time...I guess with a broken hand you don't have a choice though.

So impressed with Rory and Michael, two young guns with future champion written all over them. I'd like to see Michael in with Cruz within the year, he's ready and I think he can win. Glad to see Big Ben win, but more importantly I'm happy Schaub didn't win...if he's going to make a career of mma he needs to learn how to fight smart since he doesn't have the toughest chin.

Jones Hendo oughta be interesting. Beyond that who is there? Davis sure as hell isn't ready, Gustaffson could use at least two more top level fights...waiting for a Jones Dos Santos super fight.
    I think that Cruz vs McDonald would be an awesome fight. I love me some Rory. Dude is a stud. He man handled Mills after taking some good shots from him. I think beyond Hendo I'd like to see a Shogun rematch. I feel like with him coming off of the injury and the long lay off that we didn't get to see Shogun truly go after him. Beyond that I see no good fights for him at 205.
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to see Bones Jones vs. Metta World Peace.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    Bones by murder.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    danielzreyes:
    Bones by murder.
    lol
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    j0z3r:
    danielzreyes:
    Bones by murder.
    lol
    however, justifiable homicide!!
  • Options
    CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    The way the Jones vs Evans fight went there has to be a rematch. I was kinda upset at how cautious, and slow they fought. Besides Evans held his own, and there isn't anyone to put above Evans as the #1 contender at this point.
  • Options
    Dan Henderson was promised #1 contender status if he beat Shogun, which he did. Dana has already confirmed Jones will defend against Hendo. That said, if Rashad can get another fight and win in the interim, I wouldn't hate to see a rematch after Bones v Hendo...whether Bones wins or not.
  • Options
    CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Dan Henderson was promised #1 contender status if he beat Shogun, which he did. Dana has already confirmed Jones will defend against Hendo. That said, if Rashad can get another fight and win in the interim, I wouldn't hate to see a rematch after Bones v Hendo...whether Bones wins or not.
    Ahh totally forgot bout that,and haven't check the latest news....thanks for the update, just very dissapointed at how their fight went, guess they all can't live up their hype...
  • Options
    I hear ya, it was so frustrating watching Evans go into defensive mode. I really think that huge elbow in the second broke Rashad mentally, he just never really went for anything after that. But yeah, neither fighter really delivered.
  • Options
    Any of you tuning in for the all female Invicta event Saturday? Apparently it is streaming for free through their website...definitely tuning in to see Marloes Coenan, I always enjoy watching her fight.
  • Options
    Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Any of you tuning in for the all female Invicta event Saturday? Apparently it is streaming for free through their website...definitely tuning in to see Marloes Coenan, I always enjoy watching her fight.
    I hope I can tune in. I really enjoy WMMA. I don't know most of the ladies fighting, but it should be a good night of fights. I hope this group continues to put on shows. The women need a place to fight!
  • Options
    I got a kick out of the weight classes...they have a 105 atomweight class. I'm excited for this event, the women bring it.
  • Options
    So far the Invicta FC fights have been pretty good. These women are bringing it. I could do without King Mo on commentary. I'm not a fan of his. I don't like Marallou (sp?) either, but at least he is calling fights all the time. King Mo just doesn't seem like the type of person who I would want being associated with WMMA.
  • Options
    I'm sold. Only caught the latter half of the card, but wow, very impressed. Can't wait for Invicta FC 2 in July.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    I'm sold. Only caught the latter half of the card, but wow, very impressed. Can't wait for Invicta FC 2 in July.
    I missed the last three fights, but, what I saw was great. The Young v. Smith fight was great. I hope they have a rematch at #2. I'll hopefully be able to find a replay of the last three fights online somewhere. I think that tonight showed the WMMA has its share of good fighters and is here to stay.
  • Options
    So who all are you guys picking for Saturday's UFC on Fox card?

Here's what I've got for the main.

Diaz
    Hendricks
    Paul Harris
    Barry.
  • Options
    Bitter sweet. I'll be watching Mayweather vs. Cotto
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    Bitter sweet. I'll be watching Mayweather vs. Cotto
    The way they're doing to Fox broadcast, you would be able to watch on Fox and still catch Mayweather v Cotto.
  • Options
    So who watched and what did you think? On the Fox card alone there were a couple surprises...the main one being Belcher not only hanging with Palhares on the ground, but nullifying his leglocks and threatening his own subs...I've been a Belcher fan for a while, but I didn't know his ground skills were that legit. Overall very impressed with the card...Nate Diaz is a great example of why you should never judge a fighter by his record, he's way better and more dangerous than his ufc record would have you believe...and Miller is tough as nails.
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Belcher was awesome and Diaz always entertains...both. I couldn't believe belcher got in that leg game...and then beat him silly
  • Options
    Dude LoveDude Love Posts: 315
    Yeah, two surprises on that one. Belcher tying up with Palhares and being able to walk afterwards, and Diaz subbing Miller. I'm a huge fan of both Diaz brothers, but I thought he was more likely to outbox Miller to a decision.
  • Options
    StreaterStreater Posts: 293
    Dude Love:
    Yeah, two surprises on that one. Belcher tying up with Palhares and being able to walk afterwards, and Diaz subbing Miller. I'm a huge fan of both Diaz brothers, but I thought he was more likely to outbox Miller to a decision.
    Yeah. Belcher surprised me. Even more so being a freestyle fighter. Can you imagine how dangerous he'd be with a few more years of intense training in a couple disciplines? Muay Thai and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu for instance? Damn. I also enjoyed seeing Jenkins beat Koscheck. It was a pretty even fight as far as scoring, but Josh took quite a beating. That dude is tough. I'm also surprised that Jenkins could keep up with his cardio. Koscheck's a ***, but nobody can deny that's he's a world class athlete and a very well rounded fighter. I always enjoy watching the Diaz brothers fight. Not only do they have the talent and training, but they epitomize the fighter instinct. I enjoyed the whole presentation and think Fox did a great job. The only thing I could have done without, was the interview with Dana.
  • Options
    There was a fantastic write-up today on bloodyelbow about Nate Diaz and how he put on a clinic in the importance of tempo control in a fight. I think that is what I appreciative most about the style the Diaz boys bring, the way Nate stifled Jim Miller was brilliant, and the way Nick lulled BJ into his fight and smothered him was just superb. Setting aside their antics out of the cage (and sometimes inside the cage), they're two of my favorite fighters to watch.
  • Options
    I missed the fights but I was glad to see Nate pull it out. I love the Diaz boys and how they fight. They always bring it. Gotta say I'm shocked by Kos losing to Hendricks though. Didn't think Hendricks was to a point of beating him yet.
  • Options
    Who are you guys picking for UFC 146?

JDS via murder
    Cain TKO
    Big Country UD
    Stipe UD
    Big Johnson by KTFO

I just hope this isn't a repeat of that card from Denver last year where the heavies gassed out quickly.
  • Options
    StreaterStreater Posts: 293
    ENFIDL:
    I missed the fights but I was glad to see Nate pull it out. I love the Diaz boys and how they fight. They always bring it. Gotta say I'm shocked by Kos losing to Hendricks though. Didn't think Hendricks was to a point of beating him yet.
    Hendricks was the slightly better fight that night. I think what put him on top was the fact that he made better contact with his strikes. He's one tough dude. He took quite a beating.

Did yall read about Nick Diaz' 1 year suspension? His fine was almost $85k as well. All for smokin legal bud. I don't know how I feel about that. Thoughts?

• Options
    Streater:
    ENFIDL:
    Hendricks was the slightly better fight that night. I think what put him on top was the fact that he made better contact with his strikes. He's one tough dude. He took quite a beating.

Did yall read about Nick Diaz' 1 year suspension? His fine was almost $85k as well. All for smokin legal bud. I don't know how I feel about that. Thoughts?

I won't mince words here, that decision by the NSAC was utter bullshit. They ignore the letter of their own rules, logic and evidence. The only stuff I know about the legal system comes from Law and Order and John Grisham novels, so I'm likely speaking out of my ass when I say I think Diaz ought to sue for an appeal to a court that is not ruling in its own best interest.
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    If it aint Ronda Rousey, I aint interested. :-D