Home Non Cigar Related
Options

MMA Junkies in here

Comments

• Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Bobbo2009:
    It should be a good night of fights. Hopefully it is as good as last weekends fights. I got Jones taking this one. I really want to say TKO in round 1, but, Chael just might survive until round 2. Also, since Jones is supposed to win this fight easily, That probably means Chael will pull off the upset. I see Big County KO'ing Kongo in the first. I also hope Belcher takes out Bisping. I have never liked that Brit.
    Good call on these! Disappointing event from the get go if you ask me. I'm with you on "wishing" Belcher would have won, but the great thing about this outcome is that whoever Bisping fights next will most likely knock him out AGAIN!!!!!! LOL
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The free prelims were OK.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toe. Eww
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    Toe. Eww
    Thumb.....eww too!
  • Options
    mmccartneydc:
    danielzreyes:
    Toe. Eww
    Thumb.....eww too!
    I missed the thumb. Who's thumb?
  • Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    I can't wait till the Memorial Day card next month, I'm gonna try and go out to Vegas and see that one live
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    mmccartneydc:
    danielzreyes:
    Toe. Eww
    Thumb.....eww too!
    I missed the thumb. Who's thumb?
    http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/UFC-159-Prelims-Thumb-Injury-Spoils-Octagon-Debut-for-Yancy-Medeiros-52055

It was ugly bro!
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    mmccartneydc:
    Bobbo2009:
    It should be a good night of fights. Hopefully it is as good as last weekends fights. I got Jones taking this one. I really want to say TKO in round 1, but, Chael just might survive until round 2. Also, since Jones is supposed to win this fight easily, That probably means Chael will pull off the upset. I see Big County KO'ing Kongo in the first. I also hope Belcher takes out Bisping. I have never liked that Brit.
    Good call on these! Disappointing event from the get go if you ask me. I'm with you on "wishing" Belcher would have won, but the great thing about this outcome is that whoever Bisping fights next will most likely knock him out AGAIN!!!!!! LOL
    disappointing?

I thought this one was much better than the last few PPV cards. Not nearly as much take down and hump until they are split up or the round ends.
  • Options
    brianetz1:
    mmccartneydc:
    Bobbo2009:
    disappointing?

I thought this one was much better than the last few PPV cards. Not nearly as much take down and hump until they are split up or the round ends.
    Dont know, just my take, the prelims sucked, Bisping won, Sonnen didnt even show up. Only bright spot for me was the Nelson KO. Guess they would've been great if you were a Bisping/Jones fan. Just wasn't wowed by anything!
  • Options
    CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    Anyone watching the UFC Fight night on FS1 tonight? I know its bout over, had to set in on DVR to watch after kids went to bed. Gotta say there has been some good fights so far. Nice card...
  • Options
    Wow, and its over just like that! Definitely didnt see that coming with the Belfort/Hendo fight.
  • Options
    Goldang ball and chain threw a red head fit cause I wouldn't crawl up in the attic and fetch her suitcase. So I stepped out, yanked out the case, and time I got back it was over. Missed the whole thing.

Broads

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    I was able to half watch most of the fights. I did get to watch all of the main though. I'm not surprised by the finish of the fight. If there was one guy who could KO Hendo it would be Vitor in Brazil. He has been unstoppable since he started his TRT use. You have to weather the early storm that is the Vitor to get him gassed out. Wonder if Vitor could get a license to fight over in the states though. I know Las Vegas is out of the question but I want to see that title fight and I don't think it will happen in Brazil.
  • Options
    Bobbo2009:
    I was able to half watch most of the fights. I did get to watch all of the main though. I'm not surprised by the finish of the fight. If there was one guy who could KO Hendo it would be Vitor in Brazil. He has been unstoppable since he started his TRT use. You have to weather the early storm that is the Vitor to get him gassed out. Wonder if Vitor could get a license to fight over in the states though. I know Las Vegas is out of the question but I want to see that title fight and I don't think it will happen in Brazil.
    I dont know bout a title fight, but after watching the replays Hendo was leaning right into it...trying to go for the one shot..i just cant believe he left his hand back like that and thought he could take it. Belfort knew he was gonna do it, timed it, and caught him..
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anybody catch the 20 Years of UFC documentary??
    It was really well done --- recommend checking it out if you get the time.

(It was on youtube, link got taken down ....)
    New Link CLICK HERE http://www.putlocker.com/file/78C91873412FD51A
    Then click the "Continue as Free User" button to stream it.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    jgibv:
    Anybody catch the 20 Years of UFC documentary??
    It was really well done --- recommend checking it out if you get the time.

(It was on youtube, link got taken down ....)
    New Link CLICK HERE http://www.putlocker.com/file/78C91873412FD51A
    Then click the "Continue as Free User" button to stream it.
    crap, I forgot all about it..will def check it out when I get home. Thanks for posting the link.
  • Options
    I caught most of it, in between wrenching. Terrific.

A good beer, a good cigar, a motorcycle wrenching project, and UFC on the garage toob.

That's a man cave moment right there.

• Options
    Anyone gonna see UFC 167?
  • Options
    big chunks:
    Anyone gonna see UFC 167?
    I plan on ordering it. Make some wings and drink some beer. It should be a good night of fights. I just finished watching the weigh ins.
  • Options
    Yeah I'm hoping for some exciting fights
  • Options
    It should be a great night. I'm really hoping GSP grinds down Hendricks and can stop him in the 4th or 5th. I might have been pulling for the upset at first, but I've been listening to Hendricks in interviews the past couple of months and it has made me like him less and less. Plus, I just don't think he is that good overall. He has an amazing KO power and some great wrestling, but there are still some glaring holes in his game and I don't think his cardio can last for 5 rounds. Put I will jump out of my chair and cheer if he unloading a devastating KO to GSP.

Evans versus Sonnen seems like an interesting matchup. I always pull for Chael and I am not a Rashad fan but I think Rashad can take this one if he comes in motivated.
  • Options
    Well what a great night except that last fight, Hendricks got robbed, and poor gsp couldn't remember how he won but remembered that he's retiring
  • Options
    bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    For the record, i am not a fan, did not watch the fight...but have heard people talking about the 1st round tap out by Hendricks. You be the judge: http://www.5thround.com/159339/did-johny-hendricks-tap-against-georges-st-pierre-at-ufc-167/
  • Options
    big chunks:
    Well what a great night except that last fight, Hendricks got robbed, and poor gsp couldn't remember how he won but remembered that he's retiring
    Dana ain't happy. Lambasted the nevada commission.

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,026 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always thought Anderson Silva was one of the greatest, (possibly THE greatest) MMA fighter of all time. But I ended up really, REALLY disliking the guy because of all his showboating in the ring. What an a##hole.

That is why this is my favorite knockout "of all time" in MMA.

• Options
    I want to see Ronda Rousy fight Hoyce Graicie

#theycanarmbareachothertillwepuke
  • Options
    14 seconds

• Options
    headline: knockout wins by armbar

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Anyone see the vicious elbows Conduit landed last night against Alves?  That nose... :o

• Options
    bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I missed the fight last night. Hopefully I can find a replay somewhere. I can't wait for the Aldo vs McGregor fight.