Home Non Cigar Related
Options

MMA Junkies in here

Comments

• Options
    Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    Dana just said in the press conference that the Uncle Creepy vs. Mighty Mouse fight was a draw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They should have went to a fourth round!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy Crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe a rematch in April. Go Uncle Creepy!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I saw it 30-28 for Creepy, with rd 2 being 10-10 and rd 1 & 3 10-9 McCall. But whatever, no use dwelling on it I suppose. The Mighty Mouse Benevidez fight will be sweet. Pulling for Benevidez, been a big fan since he debuted in the WEC.
  • Options
    That's unbelievable. Somebody needs to go back to 1st grade and learn to count.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    That's unbelievable. Somebody needs to go back to 1st grade and learn to count.
    No ****. The head of the fight commision in Australia, actually whatever city they are in tonight, said it was his fault. He added them up wrong. What a Douche!!! you can tell Dana is pissed!!! He said he just went through this **** a week ago. LOL

Rob
  • Options
    The strikeforce fights tonight are so far so good. The Kaufman v. Daviw fight was great. A fast pace fight. i'm surprised Davis kept it standing for most of the fight. I really thought Davis pulled it out with that last round but it was a close fight so no problem with Kaufman getting the win. Time for the main card fight. War Tate!
  • Options
    CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    Rousey just snaped her arm....Tate really didn't want to tap...
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Miesha Tate? Ronda Rousey?

Wow... I just became a MMA fan!!! :-) Two smokin hot broads who can kick the **** outta me??? I usually got to pay a LOT extra for that.... LOL

• Options
    If there was any question before...Ronda Rousey is a verifiable Badass. Aside from Josh Thompson holding Noons down, this was a really impressive card.
  • Options
    CvilleE:
    Rousey just snaped her arm....Tate really didn't want to tap...
    I think Tate really didn't want to admit defeat. I was screaming for her to just tap. It wasn't worth any possible permanent damage to show how "tough" you can be. Congrats to Rousey. She has amazing ground game. I can't wait to see her versus Kaufman. That should be a good fight.
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Crazy weekend of fights! I saw Dana said that Creepy and Johnson will have a rematch to figure out who's fighting Benavidez. Which I think is fair. Creepy got robbed. I feel bad for Meisha. I think I'll go take care of her and nurse her back to health lol
  • Options
    Looks like Edgar gets the rematch, good for him. Imo the fight was close enough to warrant it...all due respect to Anthony Pettis, but wins over Lauzon and Stephens don't really demand a title shot imo.
  • Options
    I'm excited that Edgar is getting his rematch. I feel like it would have been a pretty D-bag move if they didn't after in a very similar situation he gave an immediate rematch. I'm with you Joe. Yes he has looked impressive in those wins but they aren't guys that were about to have a title fight and he upset them. I feel like Pettis vs the winner of Diaz vs Miller should give us a clear cut title contender.
  • Options
    So holy crap Overeem tested positive for elevated testosterone levels! Never saw that coming....lol I was really afraid this was gonna happen. Rumblings are that Mir might get a shot since Velasquez just lost the belt. I love Mir but Dos Santos would wreck him lol
  • Options
    Big surprise lol. A lot of people have been saying it for years and they finally got vindication...It's a real shame though, I wanted to see that fight. Mir makes sense, he's the closest thing to a clear-cut #2 contender at HW, and yeah, JDS will wreck him bad.
  • Options
    I have been one of those. He blew up way too fast to have done it naturally. Really makes you wonder if that truly was a mishap with his last fights drug test snafu. I wonder who they'll plug in to fight Cain though. Wish Carwin was ready. That'd be a great fight I think.
  • Options
    I like the idea of putting Verdum in with Cain. I know you know how muscle gain works a lot better than I do, but yeah to see him around 2006 and then how he looked in 2008 common sense would suggest he had some chemical help. I thought then, and am convinced now, that his "snafu" was a detox period to get the roids out of his system, his whole story for jetting off to Holland just sounded hinky.
  • Options
    I really like that fight. Verdum deserves to get a #1 contender fight IMO if Mir is bumped up. He looked really stellar in his last fight and honestly I had him winning the Overeem fight in Strikeforce so to me he's on a 5 fight win streak. The thing is to gain that kind of muscle in really about a year time is next to impossible. My understanding as taught by a former natural class body builder is that during peak growth the average male can gain roughly 2 pounds a week maximum muscle. Peak growth doesn't last that long and then it becomes all about dedication to lifting and the diet to go with it. During the time he would have been gaining said mass he was still cutting to 205 to fight. What that does to your body slows down muscle growth. I just can't see how he did it.
  • Options
    Good info, I didn't know any of that.
  • Options
    Interesting show on Fuel TV today. I didn't watch the Facebook portion, but the main card was pretty good. I was aware of Siyar B. before today, but had never seen him fight...I've also never seen anyone come remotely close to putting Paulo Thiago out cold, so I'd say he had a very impressive debut. I'm still high on Gustaffson, though not his most impressive showing today, Silva is probably the most dangerous guy he's fought yet. Put him in with Machida, Shogun, Rampage, Henderson...basically the guys circling the top, and if he wins I'd expect to see his name in the title talk. Stylistically he'd make for an entertaining match-up with Bones...I think his striking and movement is superior though Jones probably has the overall edge.
  • Options
    I don't get Fuel TV at the moment. I hate missing these fights that the UFC shows on the channel. I won't see the channel offered in my area until maybe Jan. 2013. I did find a "source" for the fight, so I have it downloaded and will watch it sometime tomorrow. From everything I read, it sounds like the main card was really good.
  • Options
    So who else is crazy pumped for tonight? I can't wait. I'll make some picks but it's hard to choose some of these:

Bones vs Evans: Evans (this is what I want to happen lol)
    MacDonald vs Mills: MacDonald
    Schaub vs Rothwell: Schaub
    Torres vs McDonald: McDonald
    Hominik vs Yagin: Hominik
    Bocek vs Alessio: Alessio

And in other news Mir is in for the HW Title fight against JDS. They pulled Reem even though he hasn't had hearing with the NSAC yet. I think it's good they pulled the trigger on the replacement. Wondering who will fight Velasquez though. I'm thinking possibly Schaub if he wins tonight.
  • Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    I got Bones, Schaub, Torres, i just hope its a good card
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    ENFIDL:
    So who else is crazy pumped for tonight? I can't wait. I'll make some picks but it's hard to choose some of these:

Bones vs Evans: Evans (this is what I want to happen lol)
    MacDonald vs Mills: MacDonald
    Schaub vs Rothwell: Schaub
    Torres vs McDonald: McDonald
    Hominik vs Yagin: Hominik
    Bocek vs Alessio: Alessio

And in other news Mir is in for the HW Title fight against JDS. They pulled Reem even though he hasn't had hearing with the NSAC yet. I think it's good they pulled the trigger on the replacement. Wondering who will fight Velasquez though. I'm thinking possibly Schaub if he wins tonight.
    Agree with everything Enfidl said except for Bones Jones. Just don't think Evans has it in him. Should be a great card though!
  • Options
    Jones v Evans: heart picks Evans, head picks Bones. I just want Jones to be knocked down a few pegs and learn some real humility.
    MacDonald v Mills; Rory all the way.
    Schaub v Rothwell: heart wants Big Ben to win, my head says Schaub will likely win.
    Torres v McDonald: Think Torres can pull this one off.
    Hominik v Yagin: Hominik
    Bocek v Allesio: Bocek. Granted the only times I've seen Alessio fight he hasn't looked very impressive, don't think I've seen him at LW though.
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    big chunks:
    I got Bones, Schaub, Torres, i just hope its a good card
    +1 bones Jones in the 1st
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    A great night of fights. Browne tapping out the Gravedigger was awesome. I hate those side burns. Rothwell TKOing Schaub was fantastic. I really like Rothwell. Kinda a throwback to UFC heavyweights. Maybe him vs. Werdum at UFC 146? (if a doc clears him in time). What can you say about MacDonald. That kid is something special. I can't wait to see him go for the title in a few years. If he keeps training, working hard and staying focused, he will be a beast for the next 15-17 years.

Main even time. I kept waiting for Suga to some out with a KO. I hate him, but, I have learned to never bet against him. I respect the fighter, not the main. Jones fought a technical fight and won without putting himself in much danger. He did leave his chin nice and high quite a few times and I was surprised the Rashad never tried to capitalize on it. Jones looked good and never got over anxious. I give him a lot of credit for being really mature during the fight. My only question is...Who's next for Jones? Whoever it is, it will be a great fight.
  • Options
    OK. From the UFC 145 Post Fight Press Conference:
    $2.2 Million Dollar Gate.
    Sub of the night: Browne.
    KO of the night: Rothwell.
    Fight of the night: Yagin v. Hominick. Browne says he is ready for the May card. (A lot of changes with JDS v Mir).
    Dana quote "Roray MacDoonald tonight showed he was the real deal".
    UFC in P.R. Dana says they are focused on Puerto Rico. They are getting into the bars there. The market is kick started. A P.R. journalist brought Dana a pound of coffee and a T-shirt that says Dana bring the UFC back to P.R.
    Ron Kruck asked Dana if Dan Henderson is Jones' next opponent. Dana said that YES, Hendo is next opponent.
    HOLY ***!!! Bones v. Hendo. That will be an amazing fight.
    Jones: "Dana, you wear blackon black better than anyone".
    Jones on facing Hendo: I now have a mission. It wil be extrenely hard. He is an awesome opponent. He has a lot of fans so the haters will be coming out. He has extreme KO power.

Rob
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Totally agree that Jones vs Hendo would be amazing!!!
  • Options
    Good night of fights. I was disappointed with the main event. Rashad is a tough dude though. He absorbed a ton a punishment with those elbows. Seemed like he was very hesitant. Rothwell showed up in the best shape I can ever remember seeing him in. Glad to see him take Schaub. I was like you Joe my mind was telling me one thing when I wanted the other lol Hendo vs Jones I see as a great fight. I really hope he comes out and just goes nuts on Jones from the opening bell
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ENFIDL:
    Good night of fights. I was disappointed with the main event. Rashad is a tough dude though. He absorbed a ton a punishment with those elbows. Seemed like he was very hesitant. Rothwell showed up in the best shape I can ever remember seeing him in. Glad to see him take Schaub. I was like you Joe my mind was telling me one thing when I wanted the other lol Hendo vs Jones I see as a great fight. I really hope he comes out and just goes nuts on Jones from the opening bell
    yeah, the main event was a bit slow, but who else jabs with elbows? That's just nuts.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR