Options

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Paint :)
  • Options
    Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome home new guys! Hope ya stick around.
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome all. Pleasure to have ya.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    sp33d3ysp33d3y Posts: 17
    Hello all!! Just wanted to pop in and introduce myself. Name's Adam, 27 yrs old, from the Charleston area of South Carolina (Summerville specifically). Was told by a fellow BOTL co-worker of mine (Deejmemixx) to join up, said y'all are pretty cool. Been smoking cigars for a little over a year now, just recently gotten into smoking a pipe. I work in a retail store and am a licensed Real Estate agent in the local area. I'm looking forward to getting in to swaps, PIFS, and the like to broaden my horizons with cigars. Anything specific, don't hesitate to ask.
  • Options
    EoLEoL Posts: 182
    Wellllllllllll... I am lame guys! I have been crazy busy but I am going to try and get back in to the community and slowly build up again! haha I am ganna make a thread in the non cigar related about whats been goin on and why I disappeared!
  • Options
    Beaker38Beaker38 Posts: 183
    Welcome to the forum
  • Options
    ArmyS1GuyArmyS1Guy Posts: 34
    Hi all,

I've been lurking here for a few months, commented in an NCR thread the other day and figured I should introduce myself.

I'm 33, from Ohio but live in near Fort Bragg in North Carolina now. I'm active duty Army, currently deployed to Afghanistan.

My unit has a Friday night cigar smoke that got me into cigars. Until now I was just a cigar is a cigar kind of guy and didn't pay much attention to what I was smoking. I'd smoke once in a while at a card game or something but pretty much just smoked whatever was offered. A couple of the other guys pointed me here and a couple other places and I've been learning a lot. I ordered some samplers and it's a lot more enjoyable once you learn what you like.

Chris.
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome and thank you for your service. Great place here.
  • Options
    Welcome thank you for your service!!!!
  • Options
    Beaker38Beaker38 Posts: 183
    Welcome to the site.
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    I've been away for a short time....so welcome to all the new guys!
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bumpski
  • Options
    New to the sight but not a new smoker. My latest favorite is Don Lino Africa. Anyone else try it?
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Bayoucrawdaddy:
    New to the sight but not a new smoker. My latest favorite is Don Lino Africa. Anyone else try it?
    How long ya been smoking, where you located? Scorpio?
  • Options
    blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum Bayou, lots of good people on here. Glad have to have you with us.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome newbs hope you have fun and learn a lot!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Hello all,
    Im Adam, first name is Joseph but for some reason my parents told me the southern thing to do is call you by your middle name so thats what I've gone by since birth. Originally from TN but I've been in the U.S.Coast Guard since 2002 and have lived in 8 states since. Been smoking cigars off and on for about 12 years now and a my best buddy told me about this site and I wanted to join up. Im currently stationed in Ohio and have found a pretty decent shop to buy sticks from. Setting up a humidor now so I can start buying online. I like strong and or spicy cigars and any suggestions are most welcome. The first cigar I had a good taste for was a La Gloria Cubana series R Maudro. That opened tastes to various other strong sticks, Tatuaje fausto, LFD CHISEL and a couple others at the advice of my buddy. I look forward to meeting y'all and discussing new smokes.
    V/R
    Coastiewaw
  • Options
    Coastiewaw:
    Hello all, Im Adam, first name is Joseph but for some reason my parents told me the southern thing to do is call you by your middle name so thats what I've gone by since birth. Originally from TN but I've been in the U.S.Coast Guard since 2002 and have lived in 8 states since. Been smoking cigars off and on for about 12 years now and a my best buddy told me about this site and I wanted to join up. Im currently stationed in Ohio and have found a pretty decent shop to buy sticks from. Setting up a humidor now so I can start buying online. I like strong and or spicy cigars and any suggestions are most welcome. The first cigar I had a good taste for was a La Gloria Cubana series R Maudro. That opened tastes to various other strong sticks, Tatuaje fausto, LFD CHISEL and a couple others at the advice of my buddy. I look forward to meeting y'all and discussing new smokes. V/R Coastiewaw
    Welcome to the madness Adam!!
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to MVW67!!!!!
  • Options
    ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    Bump
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Would the real youngryan please stand up?

go ahead and introduce yourself here and we'll get you pointed the right direction.
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Darktower007:
    Coastiewaw:
    Hello all, Im Adam, first name is Joseph but for some reason my parents told me the southern thing to do is call you by your middle name so thats what I've gone by since birth. Originally from TN but I've been in the U.S.Coast Guard since 2002 and have lived in 8 states since. Been smoking cigars off and on for about 12 years now and a my best buddy told me about this site and I wanted to join up. Im currently stationed in Ohio and have found a pretty decent shop to buy sticks from. Setting up a humidor now so I can start buying online. I like strong and or spicy cigars and any suggestions are most welcome. The first cigar I had a good taste for was a La Gloria Cubana series R Maudro. That opened tastes to various other strong sticks, Tatuaje fausto, LFD CHISEL and a couple others at the advice of my buddy. I look forward to meeting y'all and discussing new smokes. V/R Coastiewaw
    Welcome to the madness Adam!!
    Hey Adam! What part of Tennessee? First thanks for your service, I had a Uncle that was a coastie and I loved to go visit him at all his posts. New Orleans, Key West, Cape Charles, etc. What did you do to get stuck in Cleveland? LOL, only kidding. Let me know if you'd like to start a trade. I'll go easy on you, not like some of these other guys. Especially stay clear of Shizz and MVW. They will blow the whole station up! Stick around, you'll learn a ton and get to meet and fellowship with some amazing guys and gals!
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My name is Brad. Ive been enjoying cigars for close to 10 years. But seriously enjoying them for the past 3-4. Im up here in the great state of Wisconsin.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forums Brad.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to Brad & Adam & any other new folks I've missed!

Good people, good discussions, & a wealth of info here. Stick around for a while!

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    tmanwelltmanwell Posts: 18
    Hi:
    My name is Tim and I live in the Chicago area. I'm an ex-cigarette smoker from way back. Age 51 now, "quit" when I was 29 but fell off the wagon a couple of times. Always seemed to be 'tempted' to cigs when I'd go away from home on business. About 2yrs ago I got interested in premium cigars as a 'solution' to that problem. So far it's worked admirably! I'm about a 12 cigar a year guy, pretty much only smoking on business trips or vacation. I don't own a humidor or even an ashtray at home. My thing is to source out the few great cigar lounges near where I'm staying, walk in, buy a stick & smoke it there.

I consider it a very casual hobby at this point, but I *do see where it could become an obsession. Walking in to a great cigar store/lounge brings out the kid-in-a-candy-store thing in me.

Thanks for the hospitality!

T.M.
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmanwell:
    Hi: My name is Tim and I live in the Chicago area. I'm an ex-cigarette smoker from way back. Age 51 now, "quit" when I was 29 but fell off the wagon a couple of times. Always seemed to be 'tempted' to cigs when I'd go away from home on business. About 2yrs ago I got interested in premium cigars as a 'solution' to that problem. So far it's worked admirably! I'm about a 12 cigar a year guy, pretty much only smoking on business trips or vacation. I don't own a humidor or even an ashtray at home. My thing is to source out the few great cigar lounges near where I'm staying, walk in, buy a stick & smoke it there. I consider it a very casual hobby at this point, but I *do see where it could become an obsession. Walking in to a great cigar store/lounge brings out the kid-in-a-candy-store thing in me. Thanks for the hospitality! T.M.
    Dude you have come to the wrong place!!! Only kidding of course..but messin around with us you will have humi's, coolers, etc in no time. Welcome to the forums.
  • Options
    Hi, I'm Joey from mid Tennessee . I'm very new to cigars, have a very small humidor and currently smoke quorums as my daily smokes. It's amazing how helpful and friendly everyone here is!! Awesome site!
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello to all the new people around. Good to have you.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    Drummerjoe:
    Hi, I'm Joey from mid Tennessee . I'm very new to cigars, have a very small humidor and currently smoke quorums as my daily smokes. It's amazing how helpful and friendly everyone here is!! Awesome site!
    Joey, welcome! And any new ppl I missed, welcome! Great community here! Very generous bunch of people!
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014