Home General Discussion
Options

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forums!! Hope you stick around and learn!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Bump
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chemnitz:
    Thanks for the warm welcome guys! This is what I was talking about. So that I won't commit too many stogie faux pas while on the forum I spent the day reading essential newb threads: 101 things to know, the cigar etiquette (never thought about cutting a cigar with the cello on!), etc. Great stuff. Thanks again.
    Welcome to the show! we'll have to get together one afternoon and burn one down.
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    He's not new, but Rob is back!!
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    Bump
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    onestrangeone:
    Welcome to the show! we'll have to get together one afternoon and burn one down.
    Sounds like a plan. Austin has a great climate for being a BOTL. Wasn't there discussion about a Texas Herf in Austin? We should revive the idea.
  • Options
    furmanfurman Posts: 18
    Garhead:
    I hate to say it, but I was right. The purpose of my last post was to give everyone on here and newcomers the true color of many on here. If this truely was a newbie thread all would be welcoming and not bust balls or request addresses pressuring newbies to be apart of something they're not sure of yet. I am not trolling, and have been a customer of ccom since the beginning. I think a lot of people on here need to get back to the roots of this forum, which is discussing cigars and supporting newbies who look for a place to find advice and find commradary. From the last few pages many have already solidified their intentions on who they are and what they think of people. This is one reason why I have left ccom forums and have gone elsewhere to more welcoming people. Take this post as it is, if you are insulted or angered, well you should be. Members have brought this upon yourselves, get to know people who can't post 24/7 because of work, family or other situations. They might be decent people who are looking for cigar advice, and you may be that person with that knowledge to help a new botl. I leave it as that and wish all happy smoke trails.

+1
    I have been a member for a while now and with all the judgementality around here, I have been afraid to comment on anything but I think you hit it on the nail-head with your words. Good job on saying what a lot of "would be" members would like to say! We read and we learn but we have seen too much to comment on our own for fear of being berated as what we are thought to be and because of what others perceive us to be before they even know the facts. This will not be answered, so do not bother trying to cause me to respond. My time here will be silent and only to learn.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Wait...is judgementality a word?
  • Options
    furmanfurman Posts: 18
    Rain:
    Wait...is judgementality a word?

Actually it is and that is all I have to say about that.

• Options
  • Options
    Bump
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Johnny12Johnny12 Posts: 7
    hi, guys.
    I am 35 and I am a fan of cigars, if it is possible to say so. I prefer cuban ones.
  • Options
    Johnny12:
    hi, guys. I am 35 and I am a fan of cigars, if it is possible to say so. I prefer cuban ones.
    welcome j12 hope you stick around!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Welcome, Johnny.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    Johnny12:
    hi, guys. I am 35 and I am a fan of cigars, if it is possible to say so. I prefer cuban ones.
    Welcome!
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Johnny.
  • Options
    Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Johnny12:
    Welcome Johnny. Great group of guys/gals here.
  • Options
    Bump
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Hello
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Hello
    You're not new. We know you already :)
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    bump2
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Johnny.
  • Options
    chrisloldschrislolds Posts: 434 ✭✭
    Whats up everyone? I'm new here (just joined the forum yesterday) and have been lurking around the forum yesterday and today, I've already met some really great people and it seems that in general its an amazingly friendly group on this forum compared to a lot of the trolls in other corners of the web!

A little about me, I'm mid 30's from Southern California and have just recently been smoking decent cigars and love them. I have always been the buy and smoke type but I've been really wanting to start collecting as well. I have my wedding coming up May 15th and decided I'd order some nicer cigars for the wedding, and age a few of them for special occasions going forward (1yr anniversary, birth of children, that sort of thing).

I'm excited about the forum, seems like a wealth of information(which it turns out I've been doing everything wrong!) and a great place for me to not only learn, but to also make some new friends, and once I am established here and have some trust built up start trading and participating in the PIF's etc!

The PIF's and trading seem like an incredible way to try out new cigars, get a taste for what others enjoy, and to start a great collection of interesting sticks.

I'd like to thank everyone for the warm welcome I've received in my other thread, and for just being an all around great forum, I'm glad I stumbled upon it and I look forward to becoming an active member, and hopefully becoming a contributor and being able to help out newbs like me in the future with the same welcome I've received!
  • Options
    Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Chrisolds. Great group of guys/gals here. Not to mention some of the most knowledgeable brothers of the leaf (botl) anywhere. Hope you stick around.
  • Options
    Bad Daddy RabbitBad Daddy Rabbit Posts: 721
    Welcome, Chris. A ton of info on here and really helpful BOTL's. Great place to be.
  • Options
    honorknight7honorknight7 Posts: 523
    Welcome chrislolds, Great peeps here :)

This is making me hungry, anyone have nacho's ?

• Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    welcome chrislolds, great bunch of guys here!
  • Options
    Hey my names Zack pretty new to smoking, I'm a mechanic from Utah, I'v really gotten into cigars, and from what ive had i really like, and this forum sounds bad ass!
  • Options
    TWIN_TURBOZS:
    Hey my names Zack pretty new to smoking, I'm a mechanic from Utah, I'v really gotten into cigars, and from what ive had i really like, and this forum sounds bad ass!
    Dibs Welcome to the forums!
  • Options
    Rain:
    TWIN_TURBOZS:
    Dibs Welcome to the forums!
    Thanks, i tired a few cigars befor i just bought a humidor and some beads like 15 minutes ago im super stoked for it! Cant wait to get it filled!!!