Home General Discussion
Options

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bumpty bump,come on and do the bumpty bump.
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    bump2
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Belated welcome Gman.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    welcome gents! Hope you like it here!

Aj
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    We need more noobs!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Bump
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    joremajorema Posts: 40
    I am new and I am already addicted to good taste. I look forward to my time here and will be as a good learner as you can teach me on the art of good cigars. Thank you in advance. I have been reading a lot lately and already feel at home here.
  • Options
    joremajorema Posts: 40
    jorema:
    I am new and I am already addicted to good taste. I look forward to my time here and will be as a good learner as you can teach me on the art of good cigars. Thank you in advance. I have been reading a lot lately and already feel at home here.

I had no idea that there was two similar threads but a little more introduction never hurt anyone I guess.
  • Options
    Aland84Aland84 Posts: 60
    Hey guys, I'm Alan, 29, and I'm new to the site and the forums. I work in a liquor store in South Carolina. I like the sense of community here and I'm the type of guy to treat everyone like my best friend from the get go. I purchased my first humidor (50 ct) in September of 2013 from my pal Felix. He's a real cool dude that handles the cigars and huge humidor we have at one of our stores. I sold me on a cigar oasis humidification system that is really great. I recommend them to everyone. I've had several things sit in my humidor for short times and I have finally started to leave a few alone in there. I'm sure you guys understand. At this point and time I realize I need a bigger humidor. Man I have a rich mans taste on a poor mans budget. I have found it nice to have a cigar jar with a humi-stick. I keep my daily smokes in there and Its nice to have some spill over room in case I get a few extra here and there. I smoke what we have at the store and what my local b&m carry (Palmetto Breeze). I order some things off of the site that I have tried and some things that I have not. Few samplers here and there and a daily deal or two. I'm open to new things and any suggestions or knowledge that you can spare is greatly appreciated. If you need any knowledge on wine, beer or spirits I am your guy.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Welcome Alan!! Glad to have you here and hope you stick around. Great group here!
  • Options
    Aland84Aland84 Posts: 60
    Thanks man. I suck at cruising threads and I might miss a beat here and there, but I won't be far.
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum Alan. Hope you enjoy your time here.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Welcome Alan.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    costadelricacostadelrica Posts: 9
    We will welcome you like you welcomed me with open arms and be happy to have you as part of the community so long as you are decent and respectful. best regards friend
  • Options
    Bump
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to Aland84 and all the others I haven't welcomed yet. Hope you enjoy it here :)
  • Options
    ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    I'm new and I'd like to introduce myself: My name is Brad and I love living in Austin, Texas. I've been buying from CCOM for about 5 years and have occasionally used the forum as a good source of information. The fraternal atmosphere on this forum is an internet rarity and I hope I can contribute. I think few things are more relaxing than kicking back with a BOTL and comparing tasting notes on a fine cigar. Life is good. I look forward to getting to know you guys better. Brad
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    welcome to the new guys!!
  • Options
    BPGuyBPGuy Posts: 7
    Hi, new guy here.

I looked at a few pages, but by no means have I read this entire thread! I've smoked cigars for some years, but only gotten "serious" (for me) in the last year or so.

I like medium-strong cigars, and I prefer toros and bigger smokes. Not sure what else there is to say!

This does seem like a very friendly place!
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BPGuy:
    Hi, new guy here. I looked at a few pages, but by no means have I read this entire thread! I've smoked cigars for some years, but only gotten "serious" (for me) in the last year or so. I like medium-strong cigars, and I prefer toros and bigger smokes. Not sure what else there is to say! This does seem like a very friendly place!
    Welcome, new guy. There is no friendlier place on the interwebs. No better place for cultivating the cigar obsession either. Stick around, read some threads, get to know the folks here, and have fun!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Chemnitz:
    I'm new and I'd like to introduce myself: My name is Brad and I love living in Austin, Texas. I've been buying from CCOM for about 5 years and have occasionally used the forum as a good source of information. The fraternal atmosphere on this forum is an internet rarity and I hope I can contribute. I think few things are more relaxing than kicking back with a BOTL and comparing tasting notes on a fine cigar. Life is good. I look forward to getting to know you guys better. Brad
    Welcome! 5 years is a nice, long, lurk. Glad you finally spoke up.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    BPGuy:
    Hi, new guy here. I looked at a few pages, but by no means have I read this entire thread! I've smoked cigars for some years, but only gotten "serious" (for me) in the last year or so. I like medium-strong cigars, and I prefer toros and bigger smokes. Not sure what else there is to say! This does seem like a very friendly place!
    Welcome. As long as you're not *that* BP. Hi. :)
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Chem and BP. Like you two, I also spent some time learning on my own and from my visits to cigar shops during the time I spent smoking cigars before I joined the this forum. But, I've learned more here than I ever could have hoped for otherwise. I raise my glass to the generously shared wisdom of the Ccom brothers.
  • Options
    Chemnitz:
    Also few things happen as rarely here as a comparing tasting notes on a fined cigar LoL but good luck with that.
  • Options
    Welcome to the forums guys!! Stick around and have fun!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Welcome new guys!

Aj
  • Options
    prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forums!

• Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    Chemnitz:
    Also few things happen as rarely here as a comparing tasting notes on a fined cigar LoL but good luck with that.
    hahaha, well said Ken.

Welcome Brad and all the other new folks!
    Hope you stick around for a while!

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    Welcome!
  • Options
    ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the warm welcome guys! This is what I was talking about. So that I won't commit too many stogie faux pas while on the forum I spent the day reading essential newb threads: 101 things to know, the cigar etiquette (never thought about cutting a cigar with the cello on!), etc. Great stuff. Thanks again.