Home General Discussion
Options

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    TheGOATTheGOAT Posts: 69
    Upstate, the foothills of the Adirondack's.
  • Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Goat.
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    welcome GOAT......so what are you the greatest of all time at?
  • Options
    Haha, first one to get it. A guy I used to work with was big into boxing 40 years a go. He's a little punchy now and always called himself the greatest of all time. That became the name of my fantasy football teams, and it stuck here.

That's the long answer. The short answer is: everything.
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheGOAT:
    Upstate, the foothills of the Adirondack's.
    Cool. Was up in Kingston for my son's wedding in September. Beautiful part of the country.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    I'm a couple hours north of Kingston. It gets nicer the farther north you go.
  • Options
    flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    Hiya Goat,

I did some fly fishing up on the "miracle mile", a little north of Lake Placid a few years back. You are in "Gods Country", so beautiful up that way.
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    brianetz1:
    welcome GOAT......so what are you the greatest of all time at?
    Oh, I assumed TheGOAT was a reference from Waiting.....
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    honorknight7honorknight7 Posts: 523
    I was thinking Fall Out 3 :p
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to all of the new people. Hope you have fun and stick around.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    welcome new guys!!
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome everyone.
  • Options
    I'm MIke and I'm 50 years old. Smoked cigars from age 16 to 23 and quit when my first child was born. I was in the military then and so from 18 to 23 got to enjoy some fine cigars. All my children are in their adult years now and can make their own decisions. Now, I enjoy a good handmade cigar from time to time. Not the most expensive, not the cheapest and smoke anywhere from zero to 8 cigars a month. Not trying to impress anyone with my selections I'm cruising through looking at a lot of forums for news and interesting facts. I don't try to pick up any new cigar slang, just lurking about and may throw a reply out now and then. I mostly want to have fun. If it's not fun and doesn't contribute to my overall happy I'll drop it like a rock. As for cigars I enjoy Macanudo, CAO Gold, Gold Vintage(sorry they stopped making the vintage. I've got 6 left I think), and Montecristo Classic. I rarely ever buy cigars by the box, although I did buy a box of CAO Gold Vintage when I heard they were being discontinued. I just bought 3 new and/or new to me smokes to try and have them in my box coming up to par. A CAO flathead, Monte, and Padilla Conn.
  • Options
    blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Welcome Mike. Glad you could join us. Great group of guys and gals here. If you like cigars, you came to the right spot. Welcome.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Mike. Hope you enjoy hanging out with us :)
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey Mike no last names, Let's keep this informal.... Glad to have you with us, I am sure you will enjoy your time here.
  • Options
    ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to all those new to Ccom! I haven't been around long myself, but received warm welcome from a great group of people. Hope you stick around and get to know everyone!
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • Options
    Welcome to the forums!! I also like most of the CAO lines, I haven't seen the flathead around me yet, as of this morning my B&M had none.
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome.Mike.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to have you here, Mike. Hope you find this a place that adds to your enjoyment of this great hobby.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    Welcome Mike.
  • Options
    Gman99Gman99 Posts: 13
    Hi guys! I'm 24, live in Arkansas and am as new as a newbie can be. I would smoke a cigar on occasion in college, but just picked it up as a hobby/obsession in January to be a great relaxation hobby as well as a healthier alternative to dipping. I have a 125 count humidor I bought on sprint sale and have seasoned and am having a blast trying to fill up, but more importantly, trying to try as many different cigars as I can. I have lurked on this forum as long as I can, and am now looking forward to meeting new friends and learning as much as I can about my new hobby. I am the type of person that is obsessed with learning everything there is to know about the things I jump into, and with me just barely getting my feet wet there is a lot of learning for me to do. So please don't be afraid to show me the ropes and mentor me in the world of cigars!
  • Options
    Welcome Gman99,
    If your looking for great cigar info,help, & advice you couldn't have found a better bunch of folks.
    Top Notch Cigar lovers here !
    Also PM me if you want to start up a trade
  • Options
    Welcome to the forums Gman99
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey gman, Nice of you to join us. There are many great people here, I hope you make yourself at home.
  • Options
    Gman99:
    Hi guys! I'm 24, live in Arkansas and am as new as a newbie can be. I would smoke a cigar on occasion in college, but just picked it up as a hobby/obsession in January to be a great relaxation hobby as well as a healthier alternative to dipping. I have a 125 count humidor I bought on sprint sale and have seasoned and am having a blast trying to fill up, but more importantly, trying to try as many different cigars as I can. I have lurked on this forum as long as I can, and am now looking forward to meeting new friends and learning as much as I can about my new hobby. I am the type of person that is obsessed with learning everything there is to know about the things I jump into, and with me just barely getting my feet wet there is a lot of learning for me to do. So please don't be afraid to show me the ropes and mentor me in the world of cigars!
    Where are you at brother? What part of Ar?
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    Thanks guys! There really has been a bunch of great info in here so far. It has really helped me get started on the right foot so far. Honorknight7 as soon as I'm ready to jump in the trading game you will be the first on my list! And Roland I'm from the Hope area in southwest Arkansas, where are you located?
  • Options
    Malvern, about 30 min north of Arkadelphia, but I go to school at Henderson.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    Yeah arkadelphia is right down the road from me. I went to OBU my freshman year. There any more Arkansas guys here?
  • Options
    Rgr Rgr sounds good,
    Hey, why don't you PM me your address now so I'll be ready for our trade :)