Home General Discussion
Options

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Welcome Guys. There are some good peeps around here. Enjoy yourself !
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Options
    ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
    Welcome all Newbs. Get in the trading thread and get involved!
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NuttyChip:
    My name is Alvin, Yes Alvin and I thought I would curb some the jokes with my choice of a funny avatar, and for years now I have been reading and learning from you guy's and through that knowledge I have grown to respect this forum. My biggest problem is one that a lot of new smokers probably face, choosing cigars too strong for a novice such as myself as I have talked to Ralph on far too many occasions. I am a simple man with simple taste and wish only to learn too really appreciate my cigars without the sick feeling I get. Do any others get this feeling or am I alone in this? And what are good cigar choices for a novice? If you don't mind me asking?

Welcome back RBeckom.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome new guys!!
  • Options
    honorknight7honorknight7 Posts: 523
    Welcome Alvin, great place here.
    I found I loved the med/full - full almost right off the bat, but two of my friends have some issue with em but still like them, they will eat a candy bar just before smoking them, or eat a spoon of sugar right when there done ??? don't know anymore about it, but they say it works.
  • Options
    honorknight7:
    I found I loved the med/full - full almost right off the bat, but two of my friends have some issue with em but still like them, they will eat a candy bar just before smoking them, or eat a spoon of sugar right when there done ??? don't know anymore about it, but they say it works.

Thank you, this might be the trick I need to take the strength after a full meal.

• Options
    Echambers:
    NuttyChip:
    My name is Alvin, Yes Alvin and I thought I would curb some the jokes with my choice of a funny avatar, and for years now I have been reading and learning from you guy's and through that knowledge I have grown to respect this forum. My biggest problem is one that a lot of new smokers probably face, choosing cigars too strong for a novice such as myself as I have talked to Ralph on far too many occasions. I am a simple man with simple taste and wish only to learn too really appreciate my cigars without the sick feeling I get. Do any others get this feeling or am I alone in this? And what are good cigar choices for a novice? If you don't mind me asking?

Welcome back RBeckom.

??????????

• Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    honorknight7:
    rbeckom or not...

I eat honey roasted peanuts right after a cigar that starts giving me this feeling. Takes care of it perfectly.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    NuttyChip:
    Echambers:
    NuttyChip:

Welcome back RBeckom.

??????????

RBeckom
    Santa
    Option2
    Whatever the eff he decides to call himself these days... Just....Whatever...
  • Options
    Quite the funny people here. Are all newbie's treated this way or am I set for some repercussion's from another? If this is the case I have other forums to study from, one in particular is RobbyRasReviews, so if you have your minds set that I am not who I say I am then fare well to you all. If your intentions are in jest let me know. I don't quiet understand the name calling and will not waste my time where I am not made to feel welcome.
  • Options
    My name is Eddie Cole but after reading things lately I have changed my mind about participating in these forums. I had intentions on furthering my knowledge of tobacco but I think this is not the place for me. A man has to use his time wisely and here I think mine would just be wasted. Goodbye.
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NuttyChip:
    Quite the funny people here. Are all newbie's treated this way or am I set for some repercussion's from another? If this is the case I have other forums to study from, one in particular is RobbyRasReviews, so if you have your minds set that I am not who I say I am then fare well to you all. If your intentions are in jest let me know. I don't quiet understand the name calling and will not waste my time where I am not made to feel welcome.
    Welcome to the forums...hope you stick around. There are some pretty good guys on here...plenty of knowledge on this forum as well.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    eddiecole:
    My name is Eddie Cole but after reading things lately I have changed my mind about participating in these forums. I had intentions on furthering my knowledge of tobacco but I think this is not the place for me. A man has to use his time wisely and here I think mine would just be wasted. Goodbye.
    I think this is the first time someone said hello and goodbye in the same post..
  • Options
    curtiscr79curtiscr79 Posts: 859
    kaspera79:
    eddiecole:
    I think this is the first time someone said hello and goodbye in the same post..
    Makes you wonder if it was legit. Not many people find this thread for their post, I know I didn't. I looked around a bit which I found it to a place similar to my local B&M, we sit around and bust each-others balls all day with a little seriousness here and there.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    curtiscr79:
    kaspera79:
    eddiecole:
    Makes you wonder if it was legit. Not many people find this thread for their post, I know I didn't. I looked around a bit which I found it to a place similar to my local B&M, we sit around and bust each-others balls all day with a little seriousness here and there.
    Yeah, it is rather strange someone takes the time and effort to tell a group they don't want to be part of their group. we can't even miss him since we never got to know him. ( I think)
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    curtiscr79:
    kaspera79:
    eddiecole:
    Yeah, it is rather strange someone takes the time and effort to tell a group they don't want to be part of their group. we can't even miss him since we never got to know him. ( I think)
    I'd bet a fiver we know him all too well...but I promised myself I would stay out of this so no more from me on the matter...Ugh!
  • Options
    FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    Whats the Quote from Woody whats his name

Something like,
    "I wouldnt want to be a member of a group that would have me"
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to all of the new guys (and old guys???). Must admit, all the "new" guys lately that don't want to stay are pretty entertaining. I think later today I'm going to find some random forum and introduce myself to let them know that I don't like them. Pretty sure that will change some lives for the better....
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    I did not mean to imply with my last quote or post that I was leaving. Sorry but its too late, your stuck with me now,
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    FireRob:
    I did not mean to imply with my last quote or post that I was leaving. Your stuck with me now, sorry but its too late.
    welcome.....hopefully you aren't a cubs fan though.....i wouldn't want another chicagoian on the board to be upset when my cards take the central again.
  • Options
    Well crud, maybe I will join those other guys with my tail stuck between my legs. I'm actually not much of a baseball fan but when I am its Cubs all the way! (with a little Texas Rangers on the side, got to suport my wife's team when she takes me to the ballpark)
  • Options
    FireRob:
    Well crud, maybe I will join those other guys with my tail stuck between my legs. I'm actually not much of a baseball fan but when I am its Cubs all the way! (with a little Texas Rangers on the side, got to suport my wife's team when she takes me to the ballpark)
    Welcome FireBob... As long as you're not a 9er's fan you're okay in my book.
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    FireRob:
    Welcome Fire Cubs all the way!:-) :-)
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    honorknight7honorknight7 Posts: 523
    kaspera79:
    curtiscr79:
    kaspera79:
    eddiecole:
    I'm still new here So ... ... .... Not at all trying to be a dickbag here, so please anyone/everyone don't take offense..... :D

I've got pretty thick skin, maybe its just growing up on the construction sites all my life.
    grew up learning that when the guys around you don't give you a little sh*t now and then your not liked :P

Again, no offense to anyone here that may have thinner skin.... :D
    just my two cents & life experience :)

• Options
    Echambers:
    kaspera79:
    curtiscr79:
    kaspera79:
    eddiecole:
    I'd bet a fiver we know him all too well...but I promised myself I would stay out of this so no more from me on the matter...Ugh!

I said what I said because you people seem to have a way of judging people to be something or someone without getting too know the person first. What if the whole world did that, we would all be Obama's! Might not hurt some of you to broaden your horizons a bit as you seem to be fixated on one thing or person as the case may well be. Personally I judge no man but that is my motto, I guess every one is different. I might say hello from time to time, but judge me not until you know who I am.

• Options
    kaspera79:
    curtiscr79:
    kaspera79:
    eddiecole:

Voicing thoughts without facts can sometimes lead to misunderstandings. I prefer to know before I speak.

• Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Cool story bro.Do what you prefer and let everyone else do as they prefer.
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    eddiecole:
    Echambers:
    kaspera79:
    curtiscr79:
    kaspera79:
    eddiecole:

I said what I said because you people seem to have a way of judging people to be something or someone without getting too know the person first. What if the whole world did that, we would all be Obama's! Might not hurt some of you to broaden your horizons a bit as you seem to be fixated on one thing or person as the case may well be. Personally I judge no man but that is my motto, I guess every one is different. I might say hello from time to time, but judge me not until you know who I am.

I thought you were leaving? What do you want? Either stick around and participate or leave.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    eddiecole:
    Echambers:
    kaspera79:
    curtiscr79:
    kaspera79:
    eddiecole:

I thought you were leaving? What do you want? Either stick around and participate or leave.
    be nice steve
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    eddiecole:
    Echambers:
    kaspera79:
    curtiscr79:
    kaspera79:
    eddiecole:

i thought you were leaving?!?! Let me guess cbid huh
    Money can't buy taste