RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Thanks. It's a gift :)
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    be nice steve
    You just bought yourself a bomb......
    aaaaawwwww come on everyone was thinking it!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello Stumpy. I'd like to welcome you to our forum. I need your address.
  • Options
    honorknight7honorknight7 Posts: 523
    1st off .... Welcome, Stumpy :)
    stumpypeg:
    Rain:
    Thanks. It's a gift :)

Your very welcome.
    Can you tell me what color my eye's are?
    Just wondering if I should wear lead underwear!!!!!
    :-)
    Just funning of course. Good to meet you under humorous circumstances though.
    Hope you enjoy fun because as I said in my introduction, I prefer the lighter side of life.

2nd ..
    I don't think wearing lead underwear would help, in fact it might hurt, think rain might get turned on more by the little areas he cant see :P
  • Options
    stumpypeg:
    Bob Luken:
    Hello Stumpy. I'd like to welcome you to our forum. I need your address.

I can't give it to you because I'm RBeckom.

I know. :)
  • Options
    GarheadGarhead Posts: 41
    I hate to say it, but I was right. The purpose of my last post was to give everyone on here and newcomers the true color of many on here. If this truely was a newbie thread all would be welcoming and not bust balls or request addresses pressuring newbies to be apart of something they're not sure of yet. I am not trolling, and have been a customer of ccom since the beginning. I think a lot of people on here need to get back to the roots of this forum, which is discussing cigars and supporting newbies who look for a place to find advice and find commradary. From the last few pages many have already solidified their intentions on who they are and what they think of people. This is one reason why I have left ccom forums and have gone elsewhere to more welcoming people. Take this post as it is, if you are insulted or angered, well you should be. Members have brought this upon yourselves, get to know people who can't post 24/7 because of work, family or other situations. They might be decent people who are looking for cigar advice, and you may be that person with that knowledge to help a new botl. I leave it as that and wish all happy smoke trails.
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    FireRob:
    My name is Robert, started smoking some time as a rookie on the fire department 14 to 16 years ago for a couple years. Changed stations and stopped working with cigar guys and just slowly stopped smoking. Picked it back up about six months ago. Looked at other forums and after finding this one it seamed like the one to fit me best. I have four kids total, three in diapers (2 1/2 year old girl and 16 month old twin boys) and an 18 year old who is a freshman in college, so my cigar budget is small so my "daily" smokes right now are Tampa Trollys and another factory second called a 49 ( I know, try not to laugh to hard) but I got a box of Camacho Crillios on the way to take their place. My favorite at the moment is the Ditka Throwback and I stocked up on as many of those as I could afford for my special occasion stick. Thanks for all the friendly welcomes so far and look forward to being here.
    Thanks again,
    Robert
    Welcome brother, stay long time and learn much.
  • Options
    Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    Echambers:
    FireRob:
    Well crud, maybe I will join those other guys with my tail stuck between my legs. I'm actually not much of a baseball fan but when I am its Cubs all the way! (with a little Texas Rangers on the side, got to suport my wife's team when she takes me to the ballpark)
    Welcome FireBob... As long as you're not a 9er's fan you're okay in my book.
    That hurt, go Niners
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Garhead:
    I hate to say it, but I was right. The purpose of my last post was to give everyone on here and newcomers the true color of many on here. If this truely was a newbie thread all would be welcoming and not bust balls or request addresses pressuring newbies to be apart of something they're not sure of yet. I am not trolling, and have been a customer of ccom since the beginning. I think a lot of people on here need to get back to the roots of this forum, which is discussing cigars and supporting newbies who look for a place to find advice and find commradary. From the last few pages many have already solidified their intentions on who they are and what they think of people. This is one reason why I have left ccom forums and have gone elsewhere to more welcoming people. Take this post as it is, if you are insulted or angered, well you should be. Members have brought this upon yourselves, get to know people who can't post 24/7 because of work, family or other situations. They might be decent people who are looking for cigar advice, and you may be that person with that knowledge to help a new botl. I leave it as that and wish all happy smoke trails.
    Hey Garhead, for starters, the "new guy" that you are trying to defend isn't a new guy. It's a guy that has been banned by the administrators for "his" actions, not ours. Everyone else has been welcomed with open arms. I haven't taken the time to read your old posts to find out why you dislike this forum so much, but have you looked around at posts that weren't about Rbeckom? Everything else is positive. If you somehow come away from this place not thinking this is the greatest bunch of people in world, then I don't know what you are reading.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    Garhead:
    Hey Garhead, for starters, the "new guy" that you are trying to defend isn't a new guy. It's a guy that has been banned by the administrators for "his" actions, not ours. Everyone else has been welcomed with open arms. I haven't taken the time to read your old posts to find out why you dislike this forum so much, but have you looked around at posts that weren't about Rbeckom? Everything else is positive. If you somehow come away from this place not thinking this is the greatest bunch of people in world, then I don't know what you are reading.
    ^^^^This is why you were one of the first people I bombed when I joined the forum. Thanks for representing Tony!
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome All newcomers, hope you enjoy your time on the Forums...:)
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    SleevePlz:
    Garhead:

You judge though you haven't met, why? Are you clairvoyant? Can you see through your computer? Did you even talk in private with rbeckom, or try to get to know him as a person? As you seem to despise him, or are you just making rash judgment's on the word or others without basis? There's a lot to think about here. Why was he singled out in the first place? Do you even know? It goes way back, almost two and a half years. One person has had a grudge and kept bringing it up and he finally had enough. Learn the facts and then talk about what you know. I am marked as a troll and will discontinue to post because a friend ask me not to stir up the pot so to speak, and as I respect him, I have chosen to do as he ask but be you not harsh without basis for it truly is a sin to do so. Even with a reason it still is a sin against God and Jesus Christ to act as you have done. As for the forums being a positive place? Where have you been spending your time? My two cents for what it is worth.
    My apologizes to the one whom I promised but this was grossly unjust and even you must admit that.
    I would have been a friend to all.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynn:
    SleevePlz:
    eddiecole:
    Echambers:
    kaspera79:
    curtiscr79:
    kaspera79:
    eddiecole:
    My name is Eddie Cole but after reading things lately I have changed my mind about participating in these forums. I had intentions on furthering my knowledge of tobacco but I think this is not the place for me. A man has to use his time wisely and here I think mine would just be wasted. Goodbye.
    I think this is the first time someone said hello and goodbye in the same post..
    Makes you wonder if it was legit. Not many people find this thread for their post, I know I didn't. I looked around a bit which I found it to a place similar to my local B&M, we sit around and bust each-others balls all day with a little seriousness here and there.
    Yeah, it is rather strange someone takes the time and effort to tell a group they don't want to be part of their group. we can't even miss him since we never got to know him. ( I think)
    I'd bet a fiver we know him all too well...but I promised myself I would stay out of this so no more from me on the matter...Ugh!

I said what I said because you people seem to have a way of judging people to be something or someone without getting too know the person first. What if the whole world did that, we would all be Obama's! Might not hurt some of you to broaden your horizons a bit as you seem to be fixated on one thing or person as the case may well be. Personally I judge no man but that is my motto, I guess every one is different. I might say hello from time to time, but judge me not until you know who I am.

I thought you were leaving? What do you want? Either stick around and participate or leave.
    i thought you were leaving?!?! Let me guess cbid huh

C-bid is a great place, I'll give you that one. Good deals and competition, all in one place, better than Vegas in my book. Without the traveling too.
  • Options
    SleevePlz:
    eddiecole:
    Echambers:
    kaspera79:
    curtiscr79:
    kaspera79:
    eddiecole:
    My name is Eddie Cole but after reading things lately I have changed my mind about participating in these forums. I had intentions on furthering my knowledge of tobacco but I think this is not the place for me. A man has to use his time wisely and here I think mine would just be wasted. Goodbye.
    I think this is the first time someone said hello and goodbye in the same post..
    Makes you wonder if it was legit. Not many people find this thread for their post, I know I didn't. I looked around a bit which I found it to a place similar to my local B&M, we sit around and bust each-others balls all day with a little seriousness here and there.
    Yeah, it is rather strange someone takes the time and effort to tell a group they don't want to be part of their group. we can't even miss him since we never got to know him. ( I think)
    I'd bet a fiver we know him all too well...but I promised myself I would stay out of this so no more from me on the matter...Ugh!

I said what I said because you people seem to have a way of judging people to be something or someone without getting too know the person first. What if the whole world did that, we would all be Obama's! Might not hurt some of you to broaden your horizons a bit as you seem to be fixated on one thing or person as the case may well be. Personally I judge no man but that is my motto, I guess every one is different. I might say hello from time to time, but judge me not until you know who I am.

I thought you were leaving? What do you want? Either stick around and participate or leave.

Stick around it will be, as your invitation was given.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    brianetz1:

Amen!
    Live and let live should be foremost on everyone's mind and I seek no trouble with any man I simply want to exist in peace and tranquility. Friendship is offered to all who will receive it. Will you? And you? And you? Will all? I have plenty to go around and it is freely given. Partake and let us all move forward with our lives.
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Welcome Newbees! Stick around, have a cigar and relax

Aj
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to all
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    curtiscr79curtiscr79 Posts: 859
    Where's all the newbs!
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello All... Newb here, to both the forum and the world of cigars, but I'm doing my best to make up lost time!! I've found lots of great info already...hope to stick around for a while. I'm in my mid 40's, married for over 24 of them, and have four great kids that keep us jumping. See ya around!!
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    Where in Texas?
  • Options
    A long way from the home of the 1st Cav. I'm South of San Antonio...North of Laredo.
  • Options
    Stubble:
    A long way from the home of the 1st Cav. I'm South of San Antonio...North of Laredo.
    Pshhh, eff First Team! ;)I sense...a herf in our future.
  • Options
    Rain:
    Stubble:
    Pshhh, eff First Team! ;)I sense...a herf in our future.
    LOL...lets doooooooit.
  • Options
    flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    Stubble:
    Hello All... Newb here, to both the forum and the world of cigars, but I'm doing my best to make up lost time!! I've found lots of great info already...hope to stick around for a while. I'm in my mid 40's, married for over 24 of them, and have four great kids that keep us jumping. See ya around!!

Welcome Stubble,
    Stick around and enjoy it here!!
  • Options
    ckrddsmkeckrddsmke Posts: 392
    Welcome from a fellow Newb. You have any preference in what you want to try?
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Stubble:
    Welcome Stubble.. I hope you enjoy your time here. Get involved and visit often.
  • Options
    Thanks for the welcome fellas! ckrddsmke, there are sooo many I haven't tried! On the short list is MUWAT Baitfish, Partagas, several of the Arturo Fuente line, and the list goes on. Right now I'm sitting outside enjoying a Diesel UC. I like the Ave Maria, AB Nica Puro, Joya de Nicaragua, AF Hemingway's to name a few.
  • Options
    curtiscr79curtiscr79 Posts: 859
    Stubble:
    Thanks for the welcome fellas! ckrddsmke, there are sooo many I haven't tried! On the short list is MUWAT Baitfish, Partagas, several of the Arturo Fuente line, and the list goes on. Right now I'm sitting outside enjoying a Diesel UC. I like the Ave Maria, AB Nica Puro, Joya de Nicaragua, AF Hemingway's to name a few.
    Good to see a new face, if you haven't received your CCOM welcome package please PM me your address and I will get it in the mail first thing next week.