THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    0patience:
    Thanatos0320:
    0patience:
    youngryan216:
    Smoked a Rocky Patel Vintage 2003 Cameroon and I didn't really enjoy it that much. Sort of like a fuente on steriods...mostly from the Nicaraguan filler. What do you think O Cameroon Oracle? Can you recommend any good Cam's?
    Other than Fuente Hemingway?
    AF Don Carlos [top shelf]
    Torano 1916 [my favorite]
    Upmman Vintage cameroon [pretty good, very fragile wrapper]
    Partagas 150 or 160 [good luck finding them though]
    Partagas Decadas [sublime, but getting harder to find]
    Nub cameroon [very tasty, but I have a hard time buying half a cigar]
    Adan y Eva cameroon [again, good luck finding one]
    RP Vintage 2003 cameroon
    La Flor Domincana Cameroon cabinet [one of the best]
    Camacho Select Cameroon [another hard to find]
    CAO CX2 [available at a famous cigar site]
    Beck Gran Cameroon [not a bad cigar]
    La Unica Cameroon [not terrible, not the best]
    La Aurora preferidos [very good]
    Nirvana [This is a new one and I like it]
    Panacea Azul cameroon (blue label) [this one is very good. Not a lot of suppliers]

There are probably a dozen or so I couldn't think of off the top of my head.
    Hey, thanks for this I have more cameroons to try now
    LOL! That's a good thing.
    I just noticed your signature. Archimedes fan?
    Sure Am
  • Options
    Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    0patience:
    Thanatos0320:
    0patience:
    youngryan216:
    Smoked a Rocky Patel Vintage 2003 Cameroon and I didn't really enjoy it that much. Sort of like a fuente on steriods...mostly from the Nicaraguan filler. What do you think O Cameroon Oracle? Can you recommend any good Cam's?
    Other than Fuente Hemingway?
    AF Don Carlos [top shelf]
    Torano 1916 [my favorite]
    Upmman Vintage cameroon [pretty good, very fragile wrapper]
    Partagas 150 or 160 [good luck finding them though]
    Partagas Decadas [sublime, but getting harder to find]
    Nub cameroon [very tasty, but I have a hard time buying half a cigar]
    Adan y Eva cameroon [again, good luck finding one]
    RP Vintage 2003 cameroon
    La Flor Domincana Cameroon cabinet [one of the best]
    Camacho Select Cameroon [another hard to find]
    CAO CX2 [available at a famous cigar site]
    Beck Gran Cameroon [not a bad cigar]
    La Unica Cameroon [not terrible, not the best]
    La Aurora preferidos [very good]
    Nirvana [This is a new one and I like it]
    Panacea Azul cameroon (blue label) [this one is very good. Not a lot of suppliers]

There are probably a dozen or so I couldn't think of off the top of my head.
    Hey, thanks for this I have more cameroons to try now
    LOL! That's a good thing.
    I just noticed your signature. Archimedes fan?
    Sure Am
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭✭
    heels0303:
    Wanted to drop by and say hey to everyone; been on the site a couple of weeks. I'm from Ringgold, GA (15 minutes south of Chattanooga, TN) and work at a local shop in Chattanooga. Look forward to talking cigars with everyone.
    Welcome heels. I've noticed that you've been posting but it's nice to hear a little bit about you. You're location caught my eye and, YOU WORK AT A CIGAR SHOP! That must be a hard way to earn a buck huh? LOL! Welcome to the forum. Maybe we'll herf sometime. I'm just a couple hours up the road and Darktower007 is somewhere right around Chattanooga. If I get any plans set for a herf anywhere in TN you'll be on my invite list.
  • Options
    miller65rod:
    I b new. I just took up cigars over 2 years ago and have been enjoying them ever since. Currently working overseas and have about 250 sticks packed in my humis. I have already learned that seasoning changes the taste of many of them and some not so much it seems. I have smoked some Cubans here and I think some of the smokes at a lot cheaper prices are just as good if not better. I love my Maduros and a huge fan of the spicy My Father's. Sill waiting to smoke that elusive feral flying pig. One day I will find one. Enjoy reading some of the threads. I learned a lot before I ventured in about humi's, beads and cigar care. TY
    Welcome Miller. We have a lot of great guys here with tons of experience to share. Welcome to the group.
  • Options
    Bob Luken:
    heels0303:
    Wanted to drop by and say hey to everyone; been on the site a couple of weeks. I'm from Ringgold, GA (15 minutes south of Chattanooga, TN) and work at a local shop in Chattanooga. Look forward to talking cigars with everyone.
    Welcome heels. I've noticed that you've been posting but it's nice to hear a little bit about you. You're location caught my eye and, YOU WORK AT A CIGAR SHOP! That must be a hard way to earn a buck huh? LOL! Welcome to the forum. Maybe we'll herf sometime. I'm just a couple hours up the road and Darktower007 is somewhere right around Chattanooga. If I get any plans set for a herf anywhere in TN you'll be on my invite list.

Sounds good...let me know and hopefully I'll have time.
  • Options
    I've been a bit of a voyeur of this forum for a long while via my stud muffin ehehat. I have been so impressed with the brotherhood/sisterhood of the community and have supported it from the beginning. I love cigars. As a former cigarette smoker I had my reservations... And then I had my first cigar. It didn't hurt that my first is still my favorite being the Upman 05. I love the process, the community, and honestly just the amazing profiles of the different blends of Tabacco from different regions. I am a bit of a cigar snob(and my poor hubby's wallet will attest to this fact) in that I am in LOVE with Cuban cigars in general. Their subtle complexity and depth of character as you progress is unmatched save for (in my limited experience) Regis Black label. I lean towards Cuban and DR blends as they seem to hit my pallet just right. #IknowhowGoldielocksfeels #justright
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Cigar.diva:
    I've been a bit of a voyeur of this forum for a long while via my stud muffin ehehat. I have been so impressed with the brotherhood/sisterhood of the community and have supported it from the beginning. I love cigars. As a former cigarette smoker I had my reservations... And then I had my first cigar. It didn't hurt that my first is still my favorite being the Upman 05. I love the process, the community, and honestly just the amazing profiles of the different blends of Tabacco from different regions. I am a bit of a cigar snob(and my poor hubby's wallet will attest to this fact) in that I am in LOVE with Cuban cigars in general. Their subtle complexity and depth of character as you progress is unmatched save for (in my limited experience) Regis Black label. I lean towards Cuban and DR blends as they seem to hit my pallet just right. #IknowhowGoldielocksfeels #justright
    Welcome to the madness. Eric is really gunna have to start behaving himself now.
  • Options
    Hey. im new to the cigar world and im really enjoying it. i dont know a whole lot but im trying to learn.
  • Options
    ddubridge:
    Cigar.diva:
    Welcome to the madness. Eric is really gunna have to start behaving himself now.
    I sure hope not!! ?? Thank you for the welcome!!
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Cigar.diva:
    Welcome! You have fine taste in cigars. I hope you enjoy it here. My name is jiunn like the month
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome and Enjoy!!!
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
    jliu:
    Cigar.diva:
    Welcome! You have fine taste in cigars. I hope you enjoy it here. My name is jiunn like the month
    Watch out for this one, he poops.... a lot.
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cigar.diva:
    thank you for letting me go on man dates with your hubby
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    Eric_Dukes84:
    Hey. im new to the cigar world and im really enjoying it. i dont know a whole lot but im trying to learn.
    Hello Eric. Welcome. You have found the best place to learn. We have a great bunch of guys here. And I'm glad we have another TN brother in the group. There may be a chance we have a small group of us meet up in Nashville one of these days.
  • Options
    Hey. I'm Matt from Victoria Texas. I'm new to the cigar world, it's been about a month. I started off with a little humi for about 50 cigars and have already filled it with recommendations from friends. So far I love the hobby it's great to go home after a long days work and have a cigar to relax. If anyone has any recommendations for cigars pm me. Looking forward to posting more and doing some research.
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey welcome aboard. If you pm me your address I will send out the weekly newsletter.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    Beaker38Beaker38 Posts: 183
    aitchison285 Welcome to the forums. what types of cigars you like? give examples and i will try to help you out
  • Options
    Beaker38Beaker38 Posts: 183
    Eric_Dukes84 Welcome to the forums and nice shirt on your profile picture if i am seeing it right. KCCO!
  • Options
    Well my favorites out of the cigars I have had are.
    Undercrown, oliva v, padron 64, kristoff maduro. I did enjoy an acid kuba kuba. But would only smoke those if the time was right for a very sweet cigar. I am still trying anything and everything to find what I like most.
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    aitchison285:
    Well my favorites out of the cigars I have had are. Undercrown, oliva v, padron 64, kristoff maduro. I did enjoy an acid kuba kuba. But would only smoke those if the time was right for a very sweet cigar. I am still trying anything and everything to find what I like most.
    Good choices. Those are some great cigars. Hard to beat the padron 64! Hmmm , have you tried the don pepin garcia centurion or CAO brazilia? Two kind of different smokes, but both bold maduros that fit in with what youve described as your favorites. The centurion is one of my new favorite DPG's (my mistake the centurion is not maduro, just a really dark and rich habano wrapper). The CAO brazilia has of course brazilian tobacco which is different from the undercrowns but shares the same earthy sweet flavors.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    jbohonjbohon Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    aitchison285:
    Hey. I'm Matt from Victoria Texas. I'm new to the cigar world, it's been about a month. I started off with a little humi for about 50 cigars and have already filled it with recommendations from friends. So far I love the hobby it's great to go home after a long days work and have a cigar to relax. If anyone has any recommendations for cigars pm me. Looking forward to posting more and doing some research.

Welcome Matt! Looks like we started right around the same time! Be careful around here or you'll definitely need a bigger humi...

Most of these guys are really slow with the newsletter. PM me your address and I'll make sure you get a copy in the mail. Us new guys got to stick together!

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f@$# with me, I’ll kill you all.” -Gen. James Mattis, USMC
  • Options
    EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello, my name is Alan, I have just started posting in these forums. My twin brother recently purchased a humidor and I have been trying a few cigars and decided to start a collection of my own. I am still waiting for my humidor to be delivered. I still haven't tried many cigar. I have had a few Gurkha Beauty, a CAO Italian, and a Olivia "V". I'm still trying to figure out what I like. Its been a pleasant surprise to find a friendly and welcoming community, unlike some of the communities that I have been apart of.
  • Options
    jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Eulogy:
    Hello, my name is Alan, I have just started posting in these forums. My twin brother recently purchased a humidor and I have been trying a few cigars and decided to start a collection of my own. I am still waiting for my humidor to be delivered. I still haven't tried many cigar. I have had a few Gurkha Beauty, a CAO Italian, and a Olivia "V". I'm still trying to figure out what I like. Its been a pleasant surprise to find a friendly and welcoming community, unlike some of the communities that I have been apart of.

Welcome Alan and yeah we have a great group here even if some are a bit on the crazy side. I sent you a PM too that you can check through your Inbox in the upper right corner of the page. Also, remember to update your Bio too with the stuff you like and some things you want to try.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the newbs from a fellow newbie.
  • Options
    jbohonjbohon Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eulogy:
    Welcome to a fellow Californian from another new guy! I hope you stick around, this is a great bunch of folks and there is much to be learned!

By the way, I'm going to need your mailing address to send you a copy of the newsletter. Great information in there, You'll really enjoy it!

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f@$# with me, I’ll kill you all.” -Gen. James Mattis, USMC
  • Options
    EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the warm welcome guys.
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to all the new guys.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Welcome Alan, there are a few forum guys from the Bay Area here as well. Good to have you.
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the new members! Great group of BOTLs here. Stick around and you will learn a lot. Hilarious to see the other newbs stepping up to send out the newsletter! LOL
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the madness!