Home General Discussion
Options

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    Hey All, I hale from Iowa w/ one psychotic Boxer Pup who hates the snow & cold like me, a lab/setter mix who loves snow and a lovely wife that enjoys the smell of cigars.  Hence why I am here now.  New to cigars and only have a few in the humidor right now. Looking to learn from all you seasoned proffesionals out there.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Welcome aboard, blu. I thought you were gonna say you had a lovely wife that enjoys the smell of dogs.
  • Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652

Hi all,

Jeff here from the SF Bay Area. I had my first cigar about 3 months ago which was an A Fuente robusto, and let me tell you it was great. I was hooked on the whole experience and the ritual. I've been trying different cigars and buying all the cool toys and accessories. My buddy who turned me on to them has been enjoying smoking for about 15 years, says he's created a monster! Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself. Oh and so far I think I like the Fuente Belicoso Sun grwon the best, but the Padron #9 is a close second. This weekend I'll be trying the Ashton Heritage. woohoo!

I don't have a witty cigar avitar or quote.... yet

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    blustar4life:
    Hey All, I hale from Iowa w/ one psychotic Boxer Pup who hates the snow & cold like me, a lab/setter mix who loves snow and a lovely wife that enjoys the smell of cigars.  Hence why I am here now.  New to cigars and only have a few in the humidor right now. Looking to learn from all you seasoned proffesionals out there.
    Hey blustar, welcome. As you will soon learn ( as if you haven't already ) this place is full of unemployed comedians. All of whom spend their spare time talking about cigars. Share some time with us, you are sure to enjoy your visits.
  • Options
    Welcome to you too Jdorais, I enjoy just about every Fuentes product, and it looks like you do too. Ashton has ties with the Fuentes family so you know they are top shelf. My latest must try suggestion is the Patel Nording. Give that one a try if you can get your hands on it.
  • Options
    thanks for the tip kas. I've been thinking about trying out the C.A. top 10 list.
  • Options
    Jdorais:
    thanks for the tip kas. I've been thinking about trying out the C.A. top 10 list.
    I haven't read that publication for a while... What made the most recent list ?
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    welcome aboard newbies
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Fellas, welcome...you'll like it here.
  • Options
    Jdorais:
    Thanks for putting this up, I've had a few of these, and now will try a few more. I especially enjoyed the Mi Dominicana Jose Seijas, Casa Torano, Casa Magna, and Oliva Serie V. Barrel Aged by Aurora was good but I think it is not one I would go out of my way looking for. And the Decades by Patel was just okay. In my opinion.
  • Options
    Welcome, jd. Sounds like you're off to a good start.
  • Options
    yea, well, this new hobby of mine is starting to get costly. It's too easy to make purchases. I think I need a second job.... anyone hiring?
  • Options
    Heh. You have noooo idea...
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    urbino:
    Heh. You have noooo idea...
    Indeed.
  • Options
    Jdorais:
    yea, well, this new hobby of mine is starting to get costly. It's too easy to make purchases. I think I need a second job.... anyone hiring?
    Yeah, Hang out here long enough, you'll be trying so many great new cigars. Jump back and forth between forums, adding cigars to you " cart" here. Many nights I would stack up a few dozen singles to try. . Which reminds me.. I need some more Sancho Panza..
  • Options
    nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    Hey, I'm Mike, I'm 25. I'm in Salt City... utah. Been smoking cigars for over a year now. This cigar.com site is great and the people make it that much better. Cigar.com associate and radio showman Tim B. has been totally cool. He helped me out of a "hairy" situation with some cigars, literally. Above and beyond 100% satisfaction. I love cigars, so there is no better time than now.
  • Options
    nightmaremike31:
    Hey, I'm Mike, I'm 25. I'm in Salt City... utah. Been smoking cigars for over a year now. This cigar.com site is great and the people make it that much better. Cigar.com associate and radio showman Tim B. has been totally cool and incredibly cool. He helped me out of a "hairy" situation with some cigars, literally. Above and beyond 100% satisfaction. I love cigars, so there is no better time than now.
    welcome Mike!
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Welcome nightmare. Make yourself at home. We all do :)
    Hey Duty it's your turn to do the dishes again.
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    laker1963:
    Welcome nightmare. Make yourself at home. We all do :)
    Hey Duty it's your turn to do the dishes again.
    Take off, you hozer!!
  • Options
    Hey N.M.mike, welcome to the group. Have you found any favorites yet ? We have plenty of suggestion, get your credit card ready 'cause your going to need it.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Welcome guys to the greatest, comedic, alcoholic, spirited support group on the net....and we've also been known to smoke cigars too :)
  • Options

Jetmech_63:
    Welcome guys to the greatest, comedic, alcoholic, spirited support group on the net....and we've also been known to smoke cigars too :)

Apt description .......welcome aboard brother. Tommorow call up customer service on all your credit cards and ask to have limits raised as high as possible!

• Options
    What's up fellas! New to CCom and the forum. Thought I'd introduce myself.. I'm a 52 yr old motorcyclist/smoker from Tampa. Actually born in Ybor City and raised in West Tampa. I'm of Italian/Cuban decent. Been smoking for several years but am no expert. Signed up to learn more than the little I know. Growing up with the Fuentes brothers,that is what I usually smoke. I recently got hooked on Acid Blondies! I frequent a lot of motorcycle forums so I may not be on here a lot but look forward to learning. Enjoy a Cigar....Papa G
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Welcome Papa G, this is definitely the place to learn some new stuff and get some good recommendations as well.
  • Options
    welcome aboard papa g
  • Options
    Welcome, pops.
  • Options
    Hey papa G. Come by as often as you can, all are always welcome.
  • Options
    Hello All,

My name is Ian, 22 years old, from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.  I've been smoking cigars on and off since i was about 18 but never really got into it til about 3 months ago when I got my first job and some real money. 

I'm a huge Rocky Patel fan, most notably the vintage 1990.  I just signed up for the cigar of the month club and bought about 15 other cigars to add to my humidor now containing a couple gurkha black dragons, a couple ashton vsg's and some other nice sticks along with the everyday smokes.

If you guys have any advice for a newbie, with the exception of make more money to support the habit, let me know.

"Don't like it too much, they're more expensive than drugs."