Home General Discussion
Options

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NineToes said:
    I would agree becoming NineToes was a bit painful.  I look forward to gaining the respect of the members here and making some friends. Definitely down for the samplers from other members. Thanks Frank!

Going to 9.5 toes was pretty painful too
    What happened?  Did this little piggy go to market?
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    NineToesNineToes Posts: 75 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Haha. 
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Welcome guys!  A couple of things:

We already have an Edward, and a Significant 3, so @Edward_3 needs a new nickname.  

The only handle worse than @NineToes is @eighttoes.  Sounds painful!

The best cigar of the month club on the planet is to buy samplers from the members here.  

Liquidcow is still open, I gave portapottysherpa to David I believe. 

Welcome to all the new members 
  • Options
    deadman said:

We already have an Edward, and a Significant 3, so @Edward_3 needs a new nickname.  

The best cigar of the month club on the planet is to buy samplers from the members here.  

Liquidcow is still open, I gave portapottysherpa to David I believe. 

Welcome to all the new members 
    Thanks man. Glad to be here. 

NineToes 
  • Options
    TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome @NineToes and @Edward_3. Most of us are harmless, just watch out the guys named John and Edward.
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Options
    Welcome @NineToes and @Edward_3. Most of us are harmless, just watch out the guys named John and Edward.
    Will do! Thanks! 

NineToes 
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And everyone named Paul on this forum is trouble!
    Don't look ↑
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome @occguy! Feel free to post what you're smoking in the whatcha smoking thread.  
    Don't look ↑
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome, @occguy, check out the vHerf if you want to hangout with some regulars.

If you want to get into the trades and passes, get a sponsor on the Newbie Trading Thread to get started.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard @occguy.  Stick around.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    D52088D52088 Posts: 2
    Hi all!  New here and pretty new to Cigars.  I just quit smoking cigarettes 37 days ago after 23 years.  Don't even want them anymore.  Beginning to fall in love with relaxing with a nice cigar on the porch at night though.  Looking forward to socializing with some of you.  

So help a new guy out and help me choose tomorrow nights Cigar.  Aj Fernandez's New World, or Drew Estates Dogma?

D5 out
  • Options
    Welcome @D52088 to the forum, if it were Frank he'd smoke those two and three others besides.

Have you tried the New World Cameroon? Great cigar.
  • Options
    D52088D52088 Posts: 2
    edited January 2020
    Thanks for the welcome guys.  I haven't tried the Camaroon yet but it is high on my "to purchase" list.  I dont think I'm ready to smoke two full body sticks in one night yet lol.  Finishing up with a Gurkha Heritage for tonight.  I've heard mixed reviews about this one and decided to give it a go.  Wishing I hadn't dropped 12 bucks on it now.  Not a bad smoke but not worth $12.  Quite bland honestly.  The $3 Ventura Slaughterhouse Robusto I smoked last night was honestly more enjoyable.

D5
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    D52088 said:
    Hi all!  New here and pretty new to Cigars.  I just quit smoking cigarettes 37 days ago after 23 years.  Don't even want them anymore.  Beginning to fall in love with relaxing with a nice cigar on the porch at night though.  Looking forward to socializing with some of you.  

So help a new guy out and help me choose tomorrow nights Cigar.  Aj Fernandez's New World, or Drew Estates Dogma?

D5 out

occguy
    said:
    Hey everyone! Been a cigar.com customer for many years. Finally decided to check the forum out. Myself and several friends get together every week and smoke cigars/pipes and drink bourbon , talk ****. Anyway, hope to be in interacting with the forum now. 
    Welcome occguy and D5.  I'm new also but man these guys make you feel right at home here.  Great place to be. Enjoy!
  • Options
    Stubble said:
    NineToes said:

I would agree becoming NineToes was a bit painful.  I look forward to gaining the respect of the members here and making some friends. Definitely down for the samplers from other members. Thanks Frank!
    Still better than being called "One crazy Nut"!
    No doubt! I'm called way worse on the regular though. Lol. I see you are from Texas. I live in the Big Bend area. How about you? 
  • Options
    peter4jc said:
    NineToes said:

In my case got shot in the foot with a 12 gauge shotgun. Amazing I only lost one toe!

• Options
    NineToes said:
    peter4jc said:
    NineToes said:

In my case got shot in the foot with a 12 gauge shotgun. Amazing I only lost one toe!

I have to ask if and how much alcohol was involved 
  • Options
    deadman said:
    NineToes said:
    peter4jc said:
    NineToes said:

None really. I was 15 at the time. Just an accident to be truthful. Was getting ready to flush a covey of quail. Basically I was trying to be a sportsman and not skillet shoot them. Tripped/ slipped and ended up pulling the trigger while the barrel was pressing down on my foot. Sure glad both barrels didn't go boom. Lol.
  • Options
    NineToes said:
    deadman said:
    NineToes said:
    peter4jc said:
    NineToes said:

None really. I was 15 at the time. Just an accident to be truthful. Was getting ready to flush a covey of quail. Basically I was trying to be a sportsman and not skillet shoot them. Tripped/ slipped and ended up pulling the trigger while the barrel was pressing down on my foot. Sure glad both barrels didn't go boom. Lol.
    Just checking. Could have been a lot worse.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    D52088 said:
      Finishing up with a Gurkha Heritage for tonight.  I've heard mixed reviews about this one and decided to give it a go.  Wishing I hadn't dropped 12 bucks on it now...  Not a bad smoke but not worth $12.  Quite bland honestly.  
    Obviously you're a quick study.  Gurkha is something of an enigma.  They go out of their way to source really good tobacco, then somehow screw it up.  You'll find that around here folks sometimes refer to a cigar as having "Gurkha'd".  This means that either it was plugged, tunneled, unraveled, or otherwise self-destructed while being smoked.  You'll see. 

Welcome @D52088, @NineToes, @Fine137 , and any others I've missed.  I don't check in here as often as I should.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NineToes said:
    Stubble said:
    NineToes said:

Still better than being called "One crazy Nut"!
    No doubt! I'm called way worse on the regular though. Lol. I see you are from Texas. I live in the Big Bend area. How about you? 
    Just saw this....I am between Laredo and Eagle Pass, don't blink!!
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    Good evening all, new to the forums here. I've been smoking cigars for a few years around the firehouse but was never really into it just a smoke to relax the night. I've recently jumped into this and researching and doing my homework. So much to learn and take it but im reall enjoying myself and building my collection. I'm looking forward to hanging around here and growing my knowledge of cigars and the history. Cheers yall, heres to a puff for all! 
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard @xxFlagNorFail.  Plenty of knowledgeable people here to help you along.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    Welcome @xxFlagNorFail