Home General Discussion
Options

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    iwsmith2iwsmith2 Posts: 65
    Welcome Darren! I love Rocky Patels. The Vintage 1990's and 1992 are my bread and butter. My favorite from him is by far the Decade torpedo, a true masterpiece.
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    darren.leclerc68:

Hi there,

I'm Darren who lives in Orlando, FL. I've been smoking cigars now for a little over a year and love it. My first cigar I tried as a Monte Cristo #2. I'm really loving the Rockey Patel brands.

Welcome to the forums! You probably won't find a better online community. I had a lot of questions when I first joined, and I'm sure they were all questions that had been asked numerous times. Still, everyone was as nice and as helpful as can be. I really need to try a Patel, I've heard a ton of good stuff about them.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Welcome Darren ...how many humi's do you have...never mind, if you hang around here I promise you its not enough...
  • Options
    thebody52thebody52 Posts: 16
    Well hello all... just found this place in my quest to become a more serious cigar smoker... all of you seem to be a very welcoming bunch... appreciate that as a lot of places frown upon new people... which is always perplexing...  I already have tons of questions to ask... so you'll see me around soon :)

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    thebody52:
    Well hello all... just found this place in my quest to become a more serious cigar smoker... all of you seem to be a very welcoming bunch... appreciate that as a lot of places frown upon new people... which is always perplexing...  I already have tons of questions to ask... so you'll see me around soon :)

New people...Grrrr!!

Welcome to the forums. We try and keep the elites down around here, they're a drag.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    thebody52:

Hey"body" , Now, why would anyone frown upon new members ? We were all first posters at one time.. But then we sent each member before us an Opus X, and were greeted with open arms. ;}
    welcome all new guys.
  • Options
    welcome '52 (I just can't bring myself to refer to another guy as 'thebody')
  • Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    major, darren and 52.... welcome!
  • Options
    thebody52thebody52 Posts: 16
    Hopefully you'll grow to love it :)
  • Options
    3 Stripes3 Stripes Posts: 25
    Welcome Darren from another Floridian, I'm in the Fort Myers/Naples area. Also welcome to the other new members, I haven't been here long but everyone is great.
  • Options
    smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    Welcome!!! Its great to have yall with us!
  • Options
    burchamsburchams Posts: 31
    Hi All! I am new to the group, and cigars, as well but I feel like I know alot of you from researching your posts. I started with a jar humi about a week ago. Learned that the best PH is between 65 & 70, which then set me out on a mission for a new medium sized desk top so I wouldn't have to keep venting the jar. It should arrive soon. Of course, it didn't take long to fill that jar up with all of the great sampler deals on CCom. So thanks to all for helping me go broke!
  • Options
    burchams:
    Hi All! I am new to the group, and cigars, as well but I feel like I know alot of you from researching your posts. I started with a jar humi about a week ago. Learned that the best PH is between 65 & 70, which then set me out on a mission for a new medium sized desk top so I wouldn't have to keep venting the jar. It should arrive soon. Of course, it didn't take long to fill that jar up with all of the great sampler deals on CCom. So thanks to all for helping me go broke!
    Hey burchhams.... Welcome, and your welcome..So, whatcha filling it up with? Do you have any favorites yet?
  • Options
    Wow so many newbies. Todays a good day. Soon we will have an army and then we will march on Washington!
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    welcome fellers...speaking of RPs, I'm a big fan. Love the 92 and the decade, but my favorite is meritage, which no one else seems to have had. Maybe I made that one up. Also like a Nording and Edge quite a bit.
  • Options
    burchamsburchams Posts: 31
    I'm currently in sample mode but so far my #1 is the Ashton VSG Robusto. That being said, and after smoking some others, I'm not sure that it is quite strong enough. I'll try it again later. #2 was the La Aroma de Cuba EE. I read the post about not having an empty stomach with some cigars a little late. That son of a gun (with a little scotch) knocked my socks off. I loved it though. Next up is the Ghurka Regent. I can't wait 'til the weekend!
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    burchams:
    I'm currently in sample mode but so far my #1 is the Ashton VSG Robusto. That being said, and after smoking some others, I'm not sure that it is quite strong enough. I'll try it again later. #2 was the La Aroma de Cuba EE. I read the post about not having an empty stomach with some cigars a little late. That son of a gun (with a little scotch) knocked my socks off. I loved it though. Next up is the Ghurka Regent. I can't wait 'til the weekend!
    Jebus, you started off gangbusters. Two good ones, no doubt.
  • Options
    Come in the front door guys.. And get a proper welcome..
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    I wanted to introduce myself since I didn't see this thread yesterday. A few of you I've spoken to, and even though I've just been here a day, I've already had one fantastic member offer me a sample of some cigars I'd wanted to try, and another propose a trade (of sorts.) This community is fantastic, and I hope to be a contributing member. Oh, and for those who haven't seen me around, my name is Joe, I live on Long Island in New York (though I hail from Boston, MA originally) and I'm a very big fan of medium-strength to bold cigars (I really like the Romeo y Julieta Anneversario, as well as the Camancho Corojo.) I look forward to interacting with all of you.
  • Options
    Welcome welcome welcome!!!
  • Options
    benskibenski Posts: 24 ✭✭
    I'm benski; a British photographer, gourmand and cook, oenophile and amateur mixologist, lover of cigars. I split my time between London and New York. London has some advantages for cigars :~) I shall participate and engage; illuminating wherever possible. I look forward to healthy debate and sparkling repartee. My cigar tastes are catholic. My humidors on both sides of the atlantic stretch from the finest that our friends at Habanos SA can produce (oh those magical yellow, black and gold boxes); from Central and South America I enjoy Mr Johnson's Tatuaje line, much of the output of the Fernandez factory, The Sun Grown Arturo Fuentes and, generally speaking, oddities, rarities and curios of the cigar world.
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    benski:
    I'm benski; a British photographer, gourmand and cook, oenophile and amateur mixologist, lover of cigars. I split my time between London and New York. London has some advantages for cigars :~) I shall participate and engage; illuminating wherever possible. I look forward to healthy debate and sparkling repartee. My cigar tastes are catholic. My humidors on both sides of the atlantic stretch from the finest that our friends at Habanos SA can produce (oh those magical yellow, black and gold boxes); from Central and South America I enjoy Mr Johnson's Tatuaje line, much of the output of the Fernandez factory, The Sun Grown Arturo Fuentes and, generally speaking, oddities, rarities and curios of the cigar world.
    Welcome to forums!
  • Options
    Welcome benski
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    I'm not much more seasoned here then you, but welcome!
  • Options
    Hey there,

I've been lurking around here for a while but figured I should introduce myself. I'm Casey. I've been enjoying cigars for just under two years and I'm happy I found a resource like cigar.com.

See ya around.
    CK
  • Options
    Welcome aboard
  • Options
    hawaiianbass:
    Hey there, I've been lurking around here for a while but figured I should introduce myself. I'm Casey. I've been enjoying cigars for just under two years and I'm happy I found a resource like cigar.com. See ya around. CK
    Hey Hawaiian.. Welcome glad to have you with us.
  • Options
    hey hey hey always good to see another BOTL join our little community!
  • Options
    bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    Welcome welcome welcome! It's always great to have new guys to add to the blend here.
  • Options
    jr.jr. Posts: 1
    New here, not to cigars. Favs are Montecristo White, any Acid and H.Upmann. Looking forward to posting & learning a few things. Anyone have any recommendations?