Home General Discussion
Options

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Welcome jr. I'll be the first to give the heralded advice: buy a bigger humidor. So many cigars, such little time...
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    jr.:
    New here, not to cigars. Favs are Montecristo White, any Acid and H.Upmann. Looking forward to posting & learning a few things. Anyone have any recommendations?
    Hey jr.. Welcome to the group.. You are kind of Old School / New School I see.. Your taste does cover a wide range.. Upman-Acids.. Good for you
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    jr.:
    Anyone have any recommendations?
    I recommend that you send me some cigars. :) Just kidding, welcome to the forums. If you want to learn a few new things, this is the right place. We have an uncommonly low ratio of bullshit to good information, quite a feat for any internet forum let alone a cigar forum.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Welcome aboard
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    jr.:
    Anyone have any recommendations?
    read as much as you can here.
  • Options
    Bump this up to the top... Hey New guys, come in the front door !!
  • Options
    Hello all! I am a "new guy" and definitely appreciate all the fantastic info in this forum.

I've enjoyed my very first stick less than 2 weeks ago thanks to kaspera79 who started me off with a 5 Vegas Classic. Have had many others since then!

I must say, I am totally hooked!
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    If Kas started you off with a 5 V Classic, then he's done right by you. Welcome to the forum, you couldn't have picked a better guy to get you started, nor could you have picked a better place to learn the ropes and get info.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    If Kas started you off with a 5 V Classic, then he's done right by you. Welcome to the forum, you couldn't have picked a better guy to get you started, nor could you have picked a better place to learn the ropes and get info.
    Yeah, what he said...especially about Kas. Welcome, I don't yet have a year under my belt - smoking or visiting this forum and I feel like I've learned a heckuva lot, most importantly about how to maximize my enjoyment and relaxation.
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    DanWyskochil:
    Hello all! I am a "new guy" and definitely appreciate all the fantastic info in this forum.

I've enjoyed my very first stick less than 2 weeks ago thanks to kaspera79 who started me off with a 5 Vegas Classic. Have had many others since then!

I must say, I am totally hooked!
    Welcome aboard man, talk to Kas about what size you think you might need, then double it and ask him where to shop for a humi. Oh, and set aside about 200$ to 400$ to get started, the humi, lighter, cutter/punch, beads/gel cost a bit.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the info guys! I've picked his brain quite a bit already, and he has gifted me some quality sticks since day one. Humidor is in the works, decided to go with one from Cuban Crafters. Heard the quality is pretty good and it won't destroy the wallet.
  • Options
    Welcome DanW ....Kas keep pluging your recruitment quota is in sight now ...LOL
  • Options
    gmill880:
    I'm working on it Gene-o, It's like that old pyramid scheme..Pay a hundred dollars and than get nine more people to pay a hundred dollars and you get the thousand..
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    gmill880:
    I'm working on it Gene-o, It's like that old pyramid scheme..Pay a hundred dollars and than get nine more people to pay a hundred dollars and you get the thousand..

CCom needs to send ya a nice box of something good ...
  • Options
    akakirbyakakirby Posts: 9
    Hello everyone, new member checking here from richmond va, Just started with Cigars I posted a new intro thread guess I should have found this thread first, already messing up on my first day.... :)
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    Don't sweat that too much buddy. It's not that a big deal, just a little easier to get a good welcome this way.
  • Options
    akakirby:
    Hello everyone, new member checking here from richmond va, Just started with Cigars I posted a new intro thread guess I should have found this thread first, already messing up on my first day.... :)
    welcome kirby... nice to have you with us..
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    How do? You're the first Kirby I've know since our beloved Mr. Puckett left this earth.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Yeah dont worry about it dude! Welcome to an awesome place!
  • Options
    Thanks for the thread Joe. I started smoking cigars in college, jumped in with both feet and started kicking with a 150 stick humidor. I took about a 2 year hiatus after school and am now getting back into it. Have enjoyed them on and off for 10 years but have really started to learn about the process and focus on what I like in the last 1-2 years. Had my first maduro about a month ago and have found it difficult to stay away from them since. I have a few good friends that have been nice enough to spoil me with some of their favorites and I have found that cigars are like many other things in life, once you've had a good one it is near impossible to stand a reduction in quality. I opened a thread on "cigar malt" scotch, I'd appreciate any feedback that anyone has.
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Welcome to our disgruntled little family.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    betasynn:
    Welcome to our disgruntled little family.

We are NOT Disgruntled...we are disfunctional...jeeze, get it right will ya.
    Anyway, welcome to the family.
  • Options
    All happy families resemble one another, each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way. - Tolstoy
  • Options
    akakirbyakakirby Posts: 9
    Luko:
    How do? You're the first Kirby I've know since our beloved Mr. Puckett left this earth.
    Not my real name was a nickname given to my in college. I was a big fan of the late kirby puckett though!
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    akakirby:
    Luko:
    Not my real name was a nickname given to my in college. I was a big fan of the late kirby puckett though!

OH come on, now you're just being a suck-up. LMAO
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    akakirby:
    Luko:
    Your nickname wouldn't happen to have anything to do with this guy, would it? image
  • Options
    goodolboygoodolboy Posts: 4
    Well I've been lurking around the forum for a bit over a month now picking up as much info as I can, and I've come to a conclusion... y'all are absolutely right about the humidor size thing! I started smoking cigars casually in college and started getting serious about a month ago, and my humidor is nowhere near big enough!! Advertised as able to hold 50 sticks (HA!), I'm now in the market to upgrade (though decent B&M's are few and far between here). Anyway, I'm on the lonely eastern shore of Maryland and figured I'd introduce myself.
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Welcome to the club, goody.
  • Options
    welcome aboard ...I thought all the goodolboys were down south ?!?!
  • Options
    Doughty421Doughty421 Posts: 39
    There are a few good old boys here in West Virginia. Anyway, noob here, glad to be aboard.