Home General Discussion
Options

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    Random GuyRandom Guy Posts: 3
    Luko, I'm originally from Pennsylvania, if it makes ya feel any better!
  • Options
    TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    Random Guy:

Now your striking a chord connected to his heart, but I still think Luko misses the virgins .... It's been ever so long...
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Tumbler:
    Random Guy:

Now your striking a chord connected to his heart, but I still think Luko misses the virgins .... It's been ever so long...
    I thought virgins were like dodo birds...extinct. Virginity went out, I think, around the same time all the girls started getting tramp stamps on their lower backs.
  • Options
    Hi everybody. I've been lurking on the boards and making small purchases for the last few months while I've been getting into the hobby. I figured I should finally say hello and thank you all for an amazing amount of knowledge and information I've received from people.
  • Options
    TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    Greetings and hallucinations punkrawk! You have arrived at the headbangers ball. Great group of guys here... Ok and yeh - get a bigger humidor!
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    gmill880:
    madurofan:
    gmill880:
    WELCOME
    No you're welcome ...

No no ...YOUR welcome ;)
    No no no ... YOU'RE welcome sir.
  • Options
    Luko:
    Anybody else getting concerned about the proliferation or Virginians on here. Virgins I could cope with, but Virginians?!?
    We've been recruiting, all the people from Ohio were scaring us.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    madurofan:
    Luko:
    Anybody else getting concerned about the proliferation or Virginians on here. Virgins I could cope with, but Virginians?!?
    Good point, if there's anything scarier than a proliferation of Virginians, it's Ohioans...freakin flatlanders.
  • Options
    Tumbler:
    Random Guy:

Fo sure, it's almost enough to make me convert to Islam.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Luko:
    Tumbler:
    Random Guy:

Fo sure, it's almost enough to make me convert to Islam.

Did you mean Islam or Isom ?!?!
  • Options
    Luko:
    madurofan:
    Luko:
    Good point, if there's anything scarier than a proliferation of Virginians, it's Ohioans...freakin flatlanders.
    I don't know you damn Pittsburgians travel like birds in the winter. The city of Pittsburgh has to be a ghost town during Steeler away games.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the new Guys !! Punkrawk and random guy..nice to have you here.
  • Options
    madurofan:
    Luko:
    madurofan:
    Luko:
    I don't know you damn Pittsburgians travel like birds in the winter. The city of Pittsburgh has to be a ghost town during Steeler away games.
    That's cause we're all travelling to the away games!
  • Options
    ZAPZAP Posts: 186 ✭✭
    Just found this thread....been smoking good cigars since about the mid 90's....live in a cold climate and in a state with no smoking laws so basically my season runs from May to November...usually smoke 2-3 a week usually on weekends during this time...

I am amazed at how many good cigars there are...I also really enjoy craft beers and frequently pair the two but sometimes each is best on their own.

This is a great website and by far the best to order from that I have found...I look forward to the catalogs in the mail and the e-mail updates..
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    Welcome aboard ZAP. You'll find that you eventually spend a lot of time here, I know I do, lol. This forum and website have gotten me hooked on cigars. Enjoy your stay and make yourself at home!
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    New here, from Abilene, TX. Been lurking awhile, might post every now and then. Recently back into smoking cigars, currently building an 8 cu. ft. humidor in my cabinet shop (after hours, lol). I will post some pictures when complete, and when full. That is if i can post pics here, i did see a link button.
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    Welcome to the boards! Sounds like a great project you've got going on. You can post pics, but I'm not sure how to do it. There are folks here who will know though. Enjoy your stay friend.
  • Options
    JazboJazbo Posts: 16
    Hi, my name is Jaz Im a Soldier over in Iraq. About to be home soon, the New Orleans area. I have got about 3 more weeks to go. Then I'll have to decide what I,m gonna do with myself, other than that, all I can say is I love my Saints and Cigars.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Good luck Jaz, youll find this forum a great place to learn and socialize!

make it home safe

Sorry about the saints! HA at leaste youll be eating well in NO.
  • Options
    ironfis1ironfis1 Posts: 1
    Hi.  My name is Scott and I have been enjoying a good cigar 2-3 times a year for 15 years, but recently have been fortunate enough to ramp that up and smoke 1-2 a week now.  I've got my first humi on the way and I am looking forward to it.  Love the attitude here at cigar.com  - cigar smoking is about the experience - that's been my approach all along.
    Thanks for setting up an intro spot - good to read other relative newcomers to cigars.
  • Options
    You nailed it...great attitude and approach by the fellers here...welcome aboard.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Welcome aboard new guys, glad to have you guys around with us. Stick around and post some more...oh, and smoke it up. :)
  • Options
    Welcome Noobs !!!
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    gmill880:
    Welcome Noobs !!!
    Confused [8-)]
  • Options
    cabinetmaker:
    gmill880:
    Welcome Noobs !!!
    Confused [8-)]

Careful with all that eye rolling you dont want to miss measure anything working on that new humi ...just bustin' your balls Cabinet , enjoy your stay this is a great place to chat with other BOTL and yeah be sure to post up some pics when your done with it we would all be interested in seeing it ...
  • Options
    Fryguy03Fryguy03 Posts: 4
    Hello All....Just started poking around here. My name is Mike, 33 y.o. and live in the Pittsburgh PA area. Been smoking cigars for quite a few years now. Too many favorites to list, but some standouts that you can always find in my humi are, anything by Pepin, JFR'S, Tatuaje, Perdomo 2, and of course my beloved Padron. When your talking Padron, I don't care what series, what size, shape, natural, or maduro, whatever...I love them all! I haven't come across one single Padron that I didn't absolutely love. Another recent addition to my favorites list are a cigar named Havaco. They are a small batch hand rolled family made cigar from Miami. My wife and I stumbled across they're small shop down in Hollywood FL while on vacation. The owner gave me a sample smoke which impressed me enough to purchase several to bring home. They didn't last long by the time I smoked my share, and handed several of them out to a few friends at the local shop where I hang. Everyone loved them, and needless to say, I am now anxiously waiting on my second shipment of them to get here any day now! Happy to be a part of the community here, and I'll look forward to chatting with ya'll in the future.
  • Options
    Welcome aboard fryguy03 - glad to have you here-this is a great forum with an outstanding and generous group with info and cigars ...enjoy your stay and we look forward to your input. Love the Padrons as well and that Havaco sounds intrigueing ...maybe you can do a review sometime when you have a chance ...
  • Options
    Fryguy03Fryguy03 Posts: 4
    gmill880, Definately will do a review on Havaco....If youd like to check them out, they have a website that is still under construction, but is partially up and running... www.havacocigars.com. Another nice thing about they're cigars is that if you want, they will custom roll them for you. You pick the size (length up to 8" & ring up to 64), shape, wrapper, etc. and they will roll them custom for you at no extra charge. I've smoked alot of different cigars, these things are really great! Mike
  • Options
    Thanks for that info fryguy I will def check it out ...thats awsome they will custom roll ...look forward to your review before I pull the trigger though ...
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Anyone else get an ashy taste in their mouth after ashing your cigar?
    I do!
    Ive thought about purging the cigar after I ash? Any thoughts?