• Options
    bigbgballzbigbgballz Posts: 283
    I guess I did it
  • Options
    bigj51bigj51 Posts: 52
    welcome bigballz
  • Options
    Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    Hi, my name is Stan. I'm 24 and have been in the US for about 5 years now :). Originally from far away Bulgaria. A recent college graduate with a passion for EVERYTHING! I work in the school I graduated from and had recently started to enjoy cigars on a regular basis. Got my whole set-up going and am reading up on my Idiot's Guide for Cigars :). I made an entry in the forums with a BANG lol (look at the trades and passes forum), but am really a very steady type of a person. lol... I'm looking forward to learning more about cigars and possibly making some trades - i like games... Cheers!
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Welcome to the both of ya.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Welcome bothya guys
  • Options
    Renaissance_Man:
    Hi, my name is Stan. I'm 24 and have been in the US for about 5 years now :). Originally from far away Bulgaria. A recent college graduate with a passion for EVERYTHING! I work in the school I graduated from and had recently started to enjoy cigars on a regular basis. Got my whole set-up going and am reading up on my Idiot's Guide for Cigars :). I made an entry in the forums with a BANG lol (look at the trades and passes forum), but am really a very steady type of a person. lol... I'm looking forward to learning more about cigars and possibly making some trades - i like games... Cheers!
    I am Bulgarian as well. :) What a coincidence!
  • Options
    bigbgballz:
    I am Bulgarian as well. :) What a coincidence!
    Hahaah - I thought you were (cause of the "bg" in his name)! Cool! How long have you been in the States for?
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Welcome to you both. Pull up a chair and get comfortable.
    No sorry NOT THAT chair... that's Kuzi's and he gets bitchy whenever someone else sits in it. :)
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    /Cautiously watches the beginnings of the Bulgarian uprising on C.Com..............

/Still watching.......
  • Options
    :) Thanks to all of you! Stan, I have been in the States since 2000. Ill update my info. Hit me up if you ever come to Vegas, and we will go to Casa Fuente for a mojito and a fine cigar.
  • Options
    Hey All, My name is Jimmy Huddleston & I live in Lubbock, Tx. I am 31 yrs. old, married, with a 2 1/2 yr old. I just smoked my 3rd official "real" ( non-convenience store) cigar. I picked up the hobby to quit smoking cigarettes and it is working so far (down to about three a day - maybe less). So far, I am completely consumed with getting set up to where all I have to do is grab one and enjoy while I relax. Also, I would be completely cool with it if anyone wanted to send me a trial cigar or two to help me get started on the right foot....LOL! Looking forward to learning from all who contributes.
  • Options
    bigj51bigj51 Posts: 52
    Welcome Jim and Renaissance man
  • Options
    plaidbanana1plaidbanana1 Posts: 187
    Renaissance_Man:
    I've also read Idiots Guide For Cigars. Lots of good info in there. Also, welcome.
  • Options
    bigbgballz:
    :) Thanks to all of you! Stan, I have been in the States since 2000. Ill update my info. Hit me up if you ever come to Vegas, and we will go to Casa Fuente for a mojito and a fine cigar.
    Sounds good! Same goes for you - if you ever have a way to New York and want to have a nice BBQ with some cold beer and cigars... Or cold chocolate milk - as I do very often haahahh! We'll def. be in touch!
  • Options
    olerob_50+olerob_50+ Posts: 52
    Hey neighbor,I'm a couple hundred miles north of ya, in Spearman.Welcome aboard.
  • Options
    MarkHMarkH Posts: 120 ✭✭
    Hello all, Mark here from Minneapolis. I have had a few cigars over the years ( usually pieces of dried out wood handed to me by a golf partner). But, 2 weeks ago at my sons wedding, a friend handed me a MOW Ruination and I was hooked. He also sent me this link and I have been spending waaaayyy too much time at work reading these threads and getting educated. The general non-puffing public has no idea the subtleties and nuances of a good cigar, I know I didn't. Keep up the good reviews and discussion.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    MarkH:
    But, 2 weeks ago at my sons wedding, a friend handed me a MOW Ruination and I was hooked. He also sent me this link and I have been spending waaaayyy too much time at work reading these threads and getting educated.
    That's a good friend!

Welcome MarkH!
  • Options
    WELCOME
  • Options
    4bob44bob4 Posts: 212
    bbc020:
    MarkH:
    But, 2 weeks ago at my sons wedding, a friend handed me a MOW Ruination and I was hooked. He also sent me this link and I have been spending waaaayyy too much time at work reading these threads and getting educated.
    That's a good friend!

Welcome MarkH!
    That's what I was thinking...That's a keeper!
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey Mark ,,, Welcome it's nice to have you here.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Welcome aboard Mark. Your friend sure did start you off with a good cigar...I would have been floored, literally on the floor, if someone gave me a Ruination as a first cigar, they're not light on strength. Good to have you here, see you around.
  • Options
    Mike here, from the St. Louis, MO area. I, like some others on here, was an infrequent smoker, mostly of mediocre cigars. My friend gave me a Cohiba (Cameroon?, not exactly sure on the specific type) to smoke and that was it. It had been a while since I had a cigar that good and now I think that smoking finer cigars will become a more regular habit of mine. I have started checking out the web and stumbled upon this site.

I look forward to reading about others experiences and using those to help me pick a good cigars to try. I also hope to return the favor and let others know about good cigars that I may stumble upon.

• Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    welcome Mike. stick around and you'll find a wealth of information and plenty of new sticks to try along with a great brotherhood of generous enthusiasts.
  • Options
    Hey whats going on I'm Josh. 21yrs old currently in the military and deployed to Afghanistan. Been in the Army as Military Police now for about 19 months. Ive been smoking cigars ever since my father introduced me when i was 16. Im a huge fan of ANYTHING Drew Estates makes, rocky patel, ghurka, la flor dominicana, CAO and just about anything thats full bodied and a maduro i can get my hands on. Hope to get to know a few of yall and learn some new tips and tricks.
  • Options
    Welcome, Josh! You will definitely like it here!
  • Options
    WELCOME JOSH
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Welcome Josh and Mike.. It's nice to have you both here .
  • Options
    nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    Welcome fellas, don't forget to come back and visit every now and then!!
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    nightmaremike31:
    Welcome fellas, don't forget to come back and visit every now and then!!
    Or be like me and be on here every morning.... and afternoon... and evening.... and at 3am...

AH! The sun hurts my eyes!
  • Options
    LOL thanks for the welcome guys. found a lot of useful stuff on here and cant wait to apply some new tips. talk to yall soon