Home General Discussion
Options

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    cabinetmaker:
    Welcome aboard to all! If you read a few threads, you'll find that there is no such thing as a fluff post here....

^^Fluff post^^
    Cabi? Are you a "fluffer"??? FOR SHAME!
  • Options
    Hello... Been lurking here since joining CdotCom in May... decided to poke my head in here and say thanks for the wealth of knowledge contained in these threads. Helped a lot with my cigar set-up... Cheers!
  • Options
    ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    Glad we could help man, hope you enjoy the threads
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Welcome to the boards! Hope you enjoy the wealth of knowledge from some of our fine members, and hope you get a good laugh from the BS out of the rest of us! ;)
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess I should introduce myself since I never did. I am Jake from Kansas City. I am a railroad conductor and was a police officer for 11 years prior. Currently job seeking and may go back into law enforcement. I am 35 and have a great wife and family. Been into cigars for along time but got really into them 5 years ago. I quit because of all the cancer deaths in my family. I started up again because of my love for everything cigar and the peace and enjoyment I get from them.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    welcome to all the new guys -may your humidors be full ...your rh perfect...and life relaxed ...
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Welcome aboard, hope you enjoy the forums as much as I do.
  • Options
    manjimanji Posts: 28
    New guy checking in.
    My name is Stewart and I am located in Houston. I ran across your fine site last weekend and have been lurking and educating myself since then. I recently turned 40 a couple of weeks ago and decided I need a mid life crises hobby.
    I have been busy at my local B&M stocking up and just received my first order from Ccom yesterday.
    I want to publicly thank Kuzi for his help with humidor recommendations and wealth of knowledge!
    I look forward to becoming part of the community here.
    Now excuse me while I go put some smoke in the air.
  • Options
    MarkHMarkH Posts: 120 ✭✭
    jsnake:
    I guess I should introduce myself since I never did. I am Jake from Kansas City. I am a railroad conductor and was a police officer for 11 years prior. Currently job seeking and may go back into law enforcement. I am 35 and have a great wife and family. Been into cigars for along time but got really into them 5 years ago. I quit because of all the cancer deaths in my family. I started up again because of my love for everything cigar and the peace and enjoyment I get from them.

Welcome Jake, UP, BNSF or KCS? It's good to have a another 'Rail' on board. My old seniority was the Moffat route Denver to Steamboat.
    Cancer figures regarding cigars only exist for those who smoke 5+ per day. If one avoids second hand smoke (i.e. enclosed rooms) and is a moderate smoker the risk is not measurable.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Welcome to all the new members. Hope you stick around and contribute some to this great forum community we got goin' on here.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MarkH:
    jsnake:

Welcome Jake, UP, BNSF or KCS? It's good to have a another 'Rail' on board. My old seniority was the Moffat route Denver to Steamboat.
    Cancer figures regarding cigars only exist for those who smoke 5+ per day. If one avoids second hand smoke (i.e. enclosed rooms) and is a moderate smoker the risk is not measurable.
    BNSF. 4 1/2 years and I am about to lose my job so I am in the market looking hard to find a new career.
  • Options
    te8972te8972 Posts: 3
    Hi there, my name is Dante, a cigar smoker from Washington DC. I just found this forum and really like it and would like to introduce myself. I am a big fan of CAO, Rocky Patel, Drew Estates and lately, the Nestor Miranda Special and Nub. I will come on here as much as I can because I'm betting there are very cool people here.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Welcome Dante! Glad to have you with us!
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    Welcome to the boards! Hope you enjoy the wealth of knowledge from some of our fine members, and hope you get a good laugh from the BS out of the rest of us! ;)
    Hmmmmmm... I think I know which category I fit into here.....

Anyhoo... WELCOME to the forums!!! Hazing will commence after Bid night!
  • Options
    Hello everyone! I am a definite newbie to cigars and have learned a lot from everyone on this board. Please be patient with some of my stupid questions along they way as I learn what I like and dislike. And yes, there are stupid questions! Mike
  • Options
    mcadenhead:
    Hello everyone! I am a definite newbie to cigars and have learned a lot from everyone on this board. Please be patient with some of my stupid questions along they way as I learn what I like and dislike. And yes, there are stupid questions! Mike
    The first step is admitting they are stupid!

The second step is knowing that although we may chuckle to ourselves, we will never make PUBLIC our ridicule of you!!!!
    WELCOME!!!
  • Options
    smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    Ask a way my friend, we were all new at some point or another.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    manji:
    New guy checking in. My name is Stewart and I am located in Houston. I ran across your fine site last weekend and have been lurking and educating myself since then. I recently turned 40 a couple of weeks ago and decided I need a mid life crises hobby......... I look forward to becoming part of the community here..
    and with that statement you have become Us.. Welcome.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    kaspera79:
    manji:
    New guy checking in. My name is Stewart and I am located in Houston. I ran across your fine site last weekend and have been lurking and educating myself since then. I recently turned 40 a couple of weeks ago and decided I need a mid life crises hobby......... I look forward to becoming part of the community here..
    and with that statement you have become Us.. Welcome.

Welcome to the collective ...resistance is now futile ...
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    mcadenhead:
    Welcome friend! This is an awesome forum, and quite addicting (if you notice my post ct versus my join date, I'm on here waaaaay too much). Personally, I am strongly of the opinion that there ARE no stupid questions, unless you already know the answer.

(Something I'm constantly astounded by when my fiance bothers to ask me if I'm ready to go somewhere when I'm standing in my boxers and looking for socks...)
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Hey, I'm Stephen, I'm new to cigar smoking and just trying to get educated on the matter.
    I've only had a handful of cigars but my favorites so far are the NUB Cameroon 460, and the Padilla Habano Torpedo.
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    stephen_hannibal:
    Hey, I'm Stephen, I'm new to cigar smoking and just trying to get educated on the matter.
    I've only had a handful of cigars but my favorites so far are the NUB Cameroon 460, and the Padilla Habano Torpedo.
    Welcome aboard. Those aren't some bad cigars to have as favorites, that's for sure. Don't be afraid to ask any questions you may have, someone here will know the answer, and will be more than happy to help. Also, browse the Cigar 101 board, there's tons of information there. Kick back and make yourself at home!
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    with those two, it sounds like you are off to a good start. Those are two of my regulars, I love them both. Welcome and I hope you find some useful stuff here.
  • Options
    Thanks Matt and ejenne87... good times.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey stephan.. Welcome, Capital Waseland, Nice !! Does that mean you live at ground zero should we ever become a target ? At least it will be quick.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibal:
    Thanks Matt and ejenne87... good times.
    No prob. It seems you're a bit of a FO3 fan, lol. Is that where you got the Hannibal from in your username?
  • Options
    Yeah, FO3 is the greatest game ever!!! But seriously my last name is Hannibal....
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    Hey stephan.. Welcome, Capital Waseland, Nice !! Does that mean you live at ground zero should we ever become a target ? At least it will be quick.
    Greatest question ever... lol....
  • Options
    bobdbobd Posts: 71

Hi,

My name is Bob, I have been enjoying good cigars for about 5 months.  Before that we thought that we were cool in college if we lit up a Dutchmaster, good thing I wised up.  I am from upstate NY and I will most likely have lots of questions.

• Options
    bobd:

Hi,

My name is Bob, I have been enjoying good cigars for about 5 months.  Before that we thought that we were cool in college if we lit up a Dutchmaster, good thing I wised up.  I am from upstate NY and I will most likely have lots of questions.

Welcome to the boards! This place is a great resource for a new smoker. I hope you enjoy it here as much as we all do.