Options

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    TheShaun:
    ejenne87:
    No newbies want free cigars?
    Can't believe nobody jumped on this! when I first joined, another BOTL posted the same thing and I took him up on it. ejenne87, that's very generous offer. I hope some newbie doesn't miss out.
    I can't believe it either! i have only recieved on PM so far, I was figuring to have a bunch of them.

I still have a few more cigars for one more newbie!!! PM me :-)
  • Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I also appreciate the recommendations. Believe it or not the Nica Libre and Ccom Brazilian are on my list to try! (Does the list of sticks to try EVER stop growing?)

I think today might be a 2-3 cigar day, a total rarity for me, starting with some yardwork and a 5 Vegas Classic!
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    kris79usa:
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I also appreciate the recommendations. Believe it or not the Nica Libre and Ccom Brazilian are on my list to try! (Does the list of sticks to try EVER stop growing?) I think today might be a 2-3 cigar day, a total rarity for me, starting with some yardwork and a 5 Vegas Classic!
    I second the vote for the Nica Libre... and I certainly do NOT vote for Yardwork... it's like 38*F here!
  • Options
    One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    Don't feel bad, I sent you a PM ;)
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    ejenne87:

free cigars.... hmmmmm
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Hi everyone! My name is Tony and I live in the state Capitol of Michigan. I'm a 33 year old single guy who loves to smoke cigars. I'm also into sports, riding motorcycles, and did I mention smoking cigars? I am new to this site but not really to smoking cigars. I started smoking cigars when I was 19 & in the Army. They weren't the greatest cigars in the world but I thought it made me look cool, plus you can't shoot tank table 8 without a cigar. As I got older I started to grasp the idea of smoking cigars but still wasn't a serious smoker. Since then a friend told me about this site and I have already tried to fill my new humi but find that I am smoking on a more regular basis now that the cigars are better taken care of and just flat out taste better. I like so many cigars it's hard to pick just a few. Just this week I smoked 5 Vegas Gold & Miami, Tatuaje Havana VI (one of my favs!), Oliva O (not a fan), and a Gurka Micro Batch, and Nica Libre 1990. Enjoy your smokes!
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Sandman1am:
    Hi everyone! My name is Tony and I live in the state Capitol of Michigan. I'm a 33 year old single guy who loves to smoke cigars. I'm also into sports, riding motorcycles, and did I mention smoking cigars? I am new to this site but not really to smoking cigars. I started smoking cigars when I was 19 & in the Army. They weren't the greatest cigars in the world but I thought it made me look cool, plus you can't shoot tank table 8 without a cigar. As I got older I started to grasp the idea of smoking cigars but still wasn't a serious smoker. Since then a friend told me about this site and I have already tried to fill my new humi but find that I am smoking on a more regular basis now that the cigars are better taken care of and just flat out taste better. I like so many cigars it's hard to pick just a few. Just this week I smoked 5 Vegas Gold & Miami, Tatuaje Havana VI (one of my favs!), Oliva O (not a fan), and a Gurka Micro Batch, and Nica Libre 1990. Enjoy your smokes!
    Hey man, glad to see you finally joined the forum! I may be the only one who gets the "Tank table 8" joke, lol.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    ejenne87:
    TheShaun:
    ejenne87:
    Can't believe nobody jumped on this! when I first joined, another BOTL posted the same thing and I took him up on it. ejenne87, that's very generous offer. I hope some newbie doesn't miss out.
    I can't believe it either! i have only recieved on PM so far, I was figuring to have a bunch of them.

Trust me, new guys, you WANT ejenne87 to hook you up.
  • Options
    I just sent a PM hopefully I get the hook up!!!
  • Options
    TatuajeVI:
    Sandman1am:
    Hey man, glad to see you finally joined the forum! I may be the only one who gets the "Tank table 8" joke, lol.
    Well I couldn't let you have all the fun! & it's either cigars or well you know for tank table 8!!!! lol
  • Options
    TheShaunTheShaun Posts: 425
    Welcome, Tony.
  • Options
    TheShaunTheShaun Posts: 425
    TatuajeVI:
    ejenne87:
    TheShaun:
    ejenne87:

Trust me, new guys, you WANT ejenne87 to hook you up.
    Well then. Can I delete my account and re-join???? :)
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Tony glad you have joined us. I am fairly new and requested a hook up so I hope I get a blown up mailbox. Since I have joined these forums the mail has never been so exciting. I see a package and I get wood. Mail lady is scared of me now. But hey a few games and PIF have paid off well in new cigars I have never tried. I suggest all new guys get on the good trader list ASAP and start having some fun.
  • Options
    Sandman1am:
    Hi everyone! My name is Tony and I live in the state Capitol of Michigan
    What is this? A Social Studies quiz??? Lemme get a Map!
  • Options
    OH, and WELCOME!!!

I don't know what Tank Table 8 is, but I'm sure it's.... ummm.... a.... table?
  • Options
    Howdy fellas. My name's Kevin, I'm 26, and live in the Houston area. I'm a rookie to the cigar world, but look forward to learning more on this forum. I currently have a humidor that will hold about 75 cigars. It's stocked with.... 2 - Jamaican Heritage (bought while on vacation) 3 - Andrea's No. 3 (a mexican cigar, again bought on vacation) 1 - Joya de Nicaragua churchill 1 - Vega Fina corona 2 - Arturo Fuente Double Chateau Fuente 1 - Cusano 18 robusto
  • Options
    MarkHMarkH Posts: 120 ✭✭
    kris79usa:
    (Does the list of sticks to try EVER stop growing?)

No Kris, aint it GREAT? I'm a newbie since 8/2 and I'm starting to lose track, ha.
  • Options
    coachkm01:
    Howdy fellas. My name's Kevin, I'm 26, and live in the Houston area. I'm a rookie to the cigar world, but look forward to learning more on this forum. I currently have a humidor that will hold about 75 cigars. It's stocked with.... 2 - Jamaican Heritage (bought while on vacation) 3 - Andrea's No. 3 (a mexican cigar, again bought on vacation) 1 - Joya de Nicaragua churchill 1 - Vega Fina corona 2 - Arturo Fuente Double Chateau Fuente 1 - Cusano 18 robusto
    Kevin, Helllo and welcome....I am Jeff Jackson one of the reps. here at cigar.com. Sounds like you are pretty much all over the place with cigars....(mild, medium, full) if you wish PM me and I can find out what some of your favs are to further assist you. Thanks!!! Jeff
  • Options
    coachkm01:

welcome this place is kinda cool so stick around
  • Options
    I plan on sticking around. From what I've seen there is a lot of useful information to be found.
  • Options
    coachkm01:
    I plan on sticking around. From what I've seen there is a lot of useful information to be found.
    Wait... THIS FORUM?

Hmmm... Either I forgot how to read, or I'm missing something... Most of the threads I participate in either are sexually charged, inappropriate or just down right insane.... Hmmmmm
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    coachkm01:
    Wait... THIS FORUM?

Hmmm... Either I forgot how to read, or I'm missing something... Most of the threads I participate in either are sexually charged, inappropriate or just down right insane.... Hmmmmm
    No crap some dude was talking about smoking cigars and licking his dog's butt here. It is disturbing yet delightful. Kind of like staring at an ugly person because you can't believe a person can be that ugly. I keep coming back because you just never know what freak show is happening next. LOL JK of course
  • Options
    I was being polite, didn't wanna ruffle feathers so early
  • Options
    coachkm01:
    If you don't wanna ruffle my feathers than PLUCK ME!
  • Options
    specospeco Posts: 3
    Hi all, just decided to give cigar a try last week when I caught a whiff of this distinct cigar smell, but the last one I bought at a smoke shop wasn't really good and definitely been overcharged.  I'm now waiting for my order to be shipped & try the samples! 

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Lasabar:
    coachkm01:
    If you don't wanna ruffle my feathers than PLUCK ME!
    Pluck you, damn thread derailer. :)
  • Options
    speco:
    Hi all, just decided to give cigar a try last week when I caught a whiff of this distinct cigar smell, but the last one I bought at a smoke shop wasn't really good and definitely been overcharged.  I'm now waiting for my order to be shipped & try the samples! 

welcome... tell us how the cigars are when you get them.
  • Options
    specospeco Posts: 3
    stephen_hannibal:
    speco:

welcome... tell us how the cigars are when you get them.

Looks like it will take 1 week for UPS to ship all the way to west coast.  But the one I got from the smoke shop was a mild Arturo Fuente grand resorvoir... I can't find the rating for it, but the taste definitely don't have that sweet woody taste.  Any recommendation for newbies here for good taste cigars? 

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Maybe a Perdomo Habano Connecticut might be up your alley. They are fairly mild but have a lot of flavor.
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    What's up guys? I figured I'd jump in and introduce myself since this thread was still going strong. I've been dabbling with cigars for many years, got a humidor about 4 years ago, but have really started getting into cigars, trying to learn more about differnt types, wrappers, vitolas etc. this year. Have made a couple of purchases thru cigar.com and have had nothing but great experiences. I also made a couple of posts on the Cigar 101 forum when I was having some humidity and hygrometer issues - the responses were very helpful and much appreciated! Very cool gesture to start this thread and keep it going. Shows what a cool group of BOTLs there are here. I'm not a huge poster (more of a lurker) but I'll definitely pop my head into this forum to see what's going on whenever I can. Cheers! Heavy